English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 10 November 2021, 20:14   #21
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
I've tested on macOS and confirmed the issue. Turns out I had written screensaver-inhibiting code (for Windows and macOS) long ago, before SDL supported it. I'm going to post updates with this legacy code removed, which will allow
SDL_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER=1
to work as intended.

Great to know.

I've replied you to on this before (via e-mail). Looks like subpixel scrolling needs a more up-to-date UAE code, as found in FS-UAE 4 (where the option uae_chipset_subpixel=true can be set). This will not be backported to FS-UAE 3.
Had hoped for an update someday. Which is probably not going to happen soon, right? I'd appreciate that very much, as RESHOOT 3 has some moments which only look pretty if those bits work as intended - and quite glitchy if they don't, which is the reason why at the moment I tend not to use them.

If there'd be a way for code to query (in Assembler) if the game runs on an emulator, I'd write native versions of the game for both real hardware and UAE. Is there?
Old 10 November 2021, 22:23   #22
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

An updated 3.1 version which allows screensaver to kick in as available from https://fs-uae.net/download/#macosx

Regarding updates: It will be a while before FS-UAE 4 is ready with all bells and whistles. But it's quite usable now. For your use case the most important missing bit is probably the console debugger. But that does not have to take too long to get fixed.
Old 15 November 2021, 08:12   #23
buzzybee

Just some quick feedback from me: After updating to FS-UAE 3.1.47 and setting SDL_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER to 1 as a global Environment Variable, Screensaver now kicks in. Beautiful. Thanks a lot for this update ... now cannot wait for FS-UAE 4 with enabled Debugging capabilities!
Old 08 December 2021, 16:37   #24
miggymac

On macOS Monterey (M1), emulating an Amiga 4000 with AOS 4.1 fails after booting vom Bootfloppy.adf. I get a permanent green screen. I use the ARM64 stable builds of FS-UAE and FS-UAE Launcher. QEMU-plugin is recognized by the program. Don‘t know why, but on my MacBook Pro (Intel), i never had this problem. Maybe someone has a solution or had success with it?
Old 08 December 2021, 17:37   #25
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

It does not work properly on macOS/ARM64 for some reason. I've done some debugging without finding the reason yet.