English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 02 November 2009, 22:43   #1
Paul_s

Happy Computer speakers from Amiga era...

Who can remember the various brands?

I had some huuge white things on stands but I forget who made them!

Logic3 come to mind too... so I guess the question is... which set of speakers did you use or did you destroy your neighbourhood via your stereo!
Old 02 November 2009, 22:47   #2
s2325
Zone Friend

I saw few weeks ago old and big QuickShot speakers dumped at the river. I thought they made only joysticks.
Old 02 November 2009, 22:51   #3
DH
Global Moderator

Can't remember my old and trusty speakers but I did play my Amiga through my Kenwood separates. A total value of £1200, best ever buy in my life, she still looks new and modern

I also routed it through my Pace MSS1000 Dolby surround Sky box, which used 4 Wharfedale mini satellites, these were heavy compared to today's speakers. Damn good sound

The neighbours must of hated me of course, by 1991 I lived in a flat surrounded by neighbours, this was even better 'cause I was annoying 5 neighbours all at once instead of one neighbour in my previous house
Old 02 November 2009, 23:19   #4
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
Deadicated HiFi amp+speakers that Aux button/switch should have been renamed to Amiga
Old 03 November 2009, 02:06   #5
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfrog View Post
Deadicated HiFi amp+speakers that Aux button/switch should have been renamed to Amiga
I was given a beatup old Panasonic HiFi, still sounded great with the Amiga tunes pumping through em, .
Old 17 November 2009, 21:24   #6
Coagulus
Gets there in the end...

I had an ancient amplifier with random, but quite large speakers attached to it. The amp had valves in it and 200W (dunno if it was watts but it was bloody loud) written on the front. The sub bass boom from silkworm blew one set of speakers and used to take the heads of mates when they came round to play it!
Old 17 November 2009, 21:58   #7
prowler
Global Moderator

I still have two pairs of early JUSTer Multimedia Speakers incorporating stands and with Bass, Treble and Volume controls, which I use for all my computing systems.
Old 17 November 2009, 23:08   #8
desiv

True story, at college an Amiga guy (I met him, but didn't really know him that well, just traded Amiga stuff) took his Amiga and hooked it up to his HUGE stereo.

He took the speakers and laid them face down on the floor (I think he was 3rd of 4th floor of a 5 floor dorm) and took one of the explosion samples from the game "Firepower" and played it with his volume at the max.

It didn't get the reaction it would have nowadays, but it got him more than enough attention at the time. :-) I think it was just campus police, not real ones, and I can't remember how bad he got in trouble, but it was awesome!!

(And awesome that it wasn't me.. :-)

desiv

p.s. I remembered that there were people saying he blew out windows (he didn't, but it was all over that he had.. :-)
Old 18 November 2009, 00:19   #9
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

I had a pair of white Sony speakers... they were meant for the PC but i used a 3.5mm jack - 2 x phono adapter cable (this was when the audio on my old Philips monitor crapped out on me!).
Old 18 November 2009, 03:13   #10
Jonathan Drain

I also once hooked my Amiga up to a stereo. Much better sound quality than the portable TV speakers. At the time I thought it was pretty clever.
Old 18 November 2009, 09:02   #11
ami_junkie

I used to have my miggy hooked up to a nice Sony AMP with warfdale speakers, the Amiga sounded awesome through that amp and managed to annoy the neighbours very nicely too Ah those were the good old days!