English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 27 January 2020, 20:25   #1
torsti76

Elbox Fastethernet.device and Roadshow - SANA error 32

Hi all,

I've got a strange problem with my Mediator and Elbox' Fastethernet.device on my A4000T.

I use Roadshow 1.13 as TCP/IP stack. During bootup, to be more exact when AddNetInterface is called from S:Network-startup, immediately the message "Cannot open Fastethernet.device - unknown Sana-II error 32" occurs. Nonetheless, the card (RTL8139C) goes online correctly, gets an IP via DHCP and seems to work fine.

The message at the start just annoys me and I'd like to get down to it's cause.

My setup:

A4000T with Mediator A3/4000T, latest core logic board revision.
CSPPC w/060
No additional Zorro cards.
OS 3.1.4.1, latest latest Mediator MM_CD_UP2.6, Roadshow 1.13

Did anyone experience something similar?
I've had the same network card running fine in a towerized A1200 with Mediator 1200TX.

Thanks,
Torsten
Old 27 January 2020, 20:47   #2
duga

Have you checked the official support forum? https://www.amigafuture.de/viewforum.php?f=34
Old 27 January 2020, 20:56   #3
torsti76

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Have you checked the official support forum? https://www.amigafuture.de/viewforum.php?f=34
Yes. I don't think it's a Roadshow problem though. I suspect the Fastethernet.device to have some kind of issue...
Old 29 January 2020, 11:54   #4
torsti76

Problem solved.

There were two calls to s:User-Startup in the S-S.

I removed the first one and now everything's working just fine.
Old 10 August 2022, 01:15   #5
back2skooldaze

Hi please can someone help me getting my pci rtl8139 card online? I have AmigaSYS4 all up and working with all my mediator setup and now i want to go online using ibrowse.
I've installed roadshow demo and all looks good so far.. Ive used the RTL8139 from the Storage:netinterface and copied over to the devs:netinterface and now i have changed the icon information to Device=rtl8139.device, unit=0 , configure=dhcp,requiresinitdelay=0

In the devs:networks i have Fastethernet.device, MediatorNET.device, ppp-ethernet.device, ppp-serial.device

In devs:I also have a drawer called Internet
Im at a loss what to do and if ive done everything correct or if im using the correct .device as the driver? Years ago i did have my pci fastether card working and im sure i used fastethernet.device as the driver i could be wrong?
In storage:netinterfaces there is no fastethernet only mediatorNET and RTL8139 or MediatorFast that look familiar to me all the others are for other cards?
please can someone help? I have gone through the readme on roadshow but all im getting is can not open bsdsocket library or comatible interface
If i do a cli : Addnetinterface rtl8139 i get failed to open bsdsocket.library v4
I do have bsdsocket library in Libs:

If i edit ed devs:netinterfaces/rt8139 I get the device name is mandatory device=rtl_8139pci.device
Old 10 August 2022, 01:39   #6
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2skooldaze View Post
Hi please can someone help me getting my pci rtl8139 card online? I have AmigaSYS4 all up and working with all my mediator setup and now i want to go online using ibrowse.
I've installed roadshow demo and all looks good so far.. Ive used the RTL8139 from the Storage:netinterface and copied over to the devs:netinterface and now i have changed the icon information to Device=rtl8139.device, unit=0 , configure=dhcp,requiresinitdelay=0

In the devs:networks i have Fastethernet.device, MediatorNET.device, ppp-ethernet.device, ppp-serial.device

In devs:I also have a drawer called Internet
Im at a loss what to do and if ive done everything correct or if im using the correct .device as the driver? Years ago i did have my pci fastether card working and im sure i used fastethernet.device as the driver i could be wrong?
In storage:netinterfaces there is no fastethernet only mediatorNET and RTL8139 or MediatorFast that look familiar to me all the others are for other cards?
please can someone help? I have gone through the readme on roadshow but all im getting is can not open bsdsocket library or comatible interface
If i do a cli : Addnetinterface rtl8139 i get failed to open bsdsocket.library v4
I do have bsdsocket library in Libs:

If i edit ed devs:netinterfaces/rt8139 I get the device name is mandatory device=rtl_8139pci.device
Bromigo!

Elbox have 2 NIC drivers;

For 10mBit RTL8029 it’s Mediatornet.device

For 100Mbit RTL8039 it’s fastEthernet.device

For roadshow you have to have a file in Devs:Netinterfaces which has a load of lines which you put in the name of the device driver to use.

In your case you use fastEthernet.device