English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 03 November 2021, 19:55   #81
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Well, not only in the amiga scene, just think at Guru Larry Kickscammers series, but this still does not condone the behavior

Last edited by saimon69; 03 November 2021 at 20:22.
Old 03 November 2021, 21:23   #82
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Just saw the news about Bitronic. Seems the site is indeed down and accounts are gone. The guy who runs this is nowhere to be found either.

This whole deal has been a huge dumpster fire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by juen View Post
it remains to hope that at least any money went to the author who is making this game. unfortunately I doubt
Talking about Alarcity, me and Erik only recieved a symbolic amount (from what would be our cut) during early preorders but the vast amount (including most of our cut from existing and newer preorders, physical costs and his profit) remained with the shop. And it gets worse, on top of that there is an outstanding debt (over 2.4k) accumulated overtime from Worthy sales which -as it seems- we'll never gonna get either... so if anything this whole ordeal has probably hit our team the most so far.

In any case now we need to deal with the fallout, so more about that on the Alarcity thread.
Old 03 November 2021, 21:29   #83
juen

Tsak OMG...
Old 03 November 2021, 21:35   #84
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
And also Worthy sales link goes to that non-existing site from Pixelglass web...
Old 03 November 2021, 21:39   #85
jurassicman

I'm sad to hear that Tsak... I always trusted you and I think that you have always been sincere with us... unfortunately we can't say the same about bitronic or amiga.net.pl. I did buy from them several items and I always got kind and fast replies from Adam and I'd never thought that he could have disappear this way. I'm quite disappointed not just for the money I lost but above all because I feel that my confidence was misplaced... silly me...
Old 03 November 2021, 21:51   #86
kriz

Argh this sucks so much But maybe you at least can sell worthy digital yourself and get parts of it back ?
Old 03 November 2021, 21:55   #87
peo

I also noticed Adams disappearance from the world again...

One hopes it's just another of those odd name changes. While he was available we were chatting some time, and not to defend him for anything, my impression was that he is one of those many Amiga enthusiasts with too much interest and too few hours to set aside for it.
I was expecting his next issue of Amiga User to be out soon with a in-depth article about piStorm which he was just setting up last time I heard from him.

He also just released the third MorphOS book which will be (should have been) sent to the printing company as soon there was enough orders of the physical copy. I guess that book will not reach the printers any time soon..

Maybe someone here who knows Adam in person can at least let us know what's going on..

Last edited by peo; 15 November 2021 at 11:36.
Old 03 November 2021, 22:09   #88
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsak View Post
Just saw the news about Bitronic. Seems the site is indeed down and accounts are gone. The guy who runs this is nowhere to be found either.

Talking about Alarcity, me and Erik only recieved a symbolic amount (from what would be our cut) during early preorders but the vast amount (including most of our cut from existing and newer preorders, physical costs and his profit) remained with the shop. And it gets worse, on top of that there is an outstanding debt (over 2.4k) accumulated overtime from Worthy sales which -as it seems- we'll never gonna get either... so if anything this whole ordeal has probably hit our team the most so far.

In any case now we need to deal with the fallout, so more about that on the Alarcity thread.

In Germany we have Protovision as a partner/publisher for retro games. This would never ever happen with them. Very reliable and nice bunch of people.
Old 03 November 2021, 22:29   #89
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
And also Worthy sales link goes to that non-existing site from Pixelglass web...
Yeah, we need to fix that. But we also need to decide what to do with Worthy now. An interesting trivia is that I got recently a couple mails from people having purchased Worthy before the shop went down (that's how I found this) and couldn't access the game files. Thank god it was the digital version so they got it from me. And this officially concluded the last dime we lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurassicman View Post
I'm sad to hear that Tsak... I always trusted you and I think that you have always been sincere with us...
Thanks man, I only wish others would feel this way as well. But at the same time I wouldn't blaim anyone feeling otherwise. Trust is hard to gain, easy to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz View Post
Argh this sucks so much But maybe you at least can sell worthy digital yourself and get parts of it back ?
Perhaps, we'll see about that.
Old 03 November 2021, 22:34   #90
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Yes, Tsak is absolutely trustworthy for me. Adam Zalepa is not.
Old 03 November 2021, 23:26   #91
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurassicman View Post
[...] I always trusted you and I think that you have always been sincere with us... [...]
We don't know each other personally Tsak, but I think the same without any possible doubt.
Old 04 November 2021, 09:07   #92
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsak View Post

Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't get all the money for Worthy either As others have suggested self-publishing the digital version may be the way to go. itch.io seems to be a relatively hassle-free way of setting this up. I'd be happy to grab one more copy if I knew my money will go to directly to the creators.
Old 08 November 2021, 07:56   #93
juen

https://retroguide.pl/

One simplified page came back with only ebooks sold .. no company details, no contact details
Old 08 November 2021, 09:54   #94
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

So he opened 3rd company / url?
Old 08 November 2021, 10:00   #95
Daedalus

Oh dear And people can't really complain either because they're all written by him so nobody that's owed anything can make any claims. Proper shady stuff...

I bought the Blitz Basic eBook a couple of years ago, and was pretty disappointed with the lack of detail. It isn't much more than a paraphrasing of the Blitz manual; I suspect the other books are the same.

Edit: And wow, the payment of the books is a pretty shady process too - a bank transfer with no contact details.

Last edited by Daedalus; 08 November 2021 at 10:12.
Old 08 November 2021, 10:06   #96
juen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
So he opened 3rd company / url?
this is old site - http://web.archive.org/web/202106032...retroguide.pl/
Old 08 November 2021, 10:48   #97
Etze
A3000-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
I bought the Blitz Basic eBook a couple of years ago, and was pretty disappointed with the lack of detail. It isn't much more than a paraphrasing of the Blitz manual; I suspect the other books are the same.

I bought the (physical) Amiga E Book and thought the same. There's no information that you can't read in the original manual. Only advantage: It's printed - and I love real books...
Old 08 November 2021, 12:15   #98
Havie

I never got round to buying Worthy (shame on me) but would be more than happy to pay for a digital copy.

You read about how programmers were ripped off in the old days (I even had a couple ZX Speccy games I made being sold by a local shop). I was told none were sold but later in life, a friend confirmed to me that this wasn't true . It's sad that it is still happening today.

If I ever program something that isn't a port and is worth it then I might try selling it and Itcho seems the way to go? Have never thought about this before or even been to Itcho but the Amigame Jam has made me think.

Glad that this hasn't dented your enthusiasm too much.
Old 08 November 2021, 14:38   #99
mcgeezer

Is this Adam Zalepa the guy who's stole all of the money?
Old 08 November 2021, 15:37   #100
apex

Seems so.