English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 16 March 2003, 23:35   #1
MethodGit

Happy Amiga quiz!

If this is in the wrong forum, then all apologies to you lot, but I thought, considering this was Amiga-related after all....

Out of boredom, I decided to make a nice little Amiga quiz to start off with. They're not in any particular order, since I don't really have a lot of time on my hands right now. Some may be easy and some may be hard. But here we go anyway, hope you like it!

1) Which famous question and running gag has been featured in numerous LucasArts games?

2) Which Gremlin games did not materialize on the Gremlin Classix compilation despite initial promises? Flounder to CodyJarrett! Bonus points if you name the other games which were actually mentioned in the pack's readmes but were really totally absent.

3) In what way did you defeat Captain Hook in, um, Hook? Meh, I guess your answer will suffice, Cody. Flounder to yas!

4) Name the Amiga magazines which gave these games away as free titles: Blob (Flounder to CodyJarrett!), Dangerous Streets, Quik The Thunder Rabbit, Trolls, No Second Prize (Flounder to CodyJarrett!), and Fantasy Football League

5) Name the magazine which gave out one particular game (and which game) for charidee?

6) Which is the odd one out: Silly Putty, Super Putty, Putty Squad? Halibuts to Shatterhand and Cody!

7) Which is the odd one out: Monkey Island 2, Indy Fate Of Atlantis, Day Of The Tentacle, Loom, Zak McKracken? Flounder to Shatterhand!

8) Which game apprently, when you ripped the files from it and examined them closely, featured a hidden message in one of its files?

9) Which game did Codetapper decide to dedicate to a late sea captain? Flounder to CodyJarrett!

10) Name the videogame company often namechecked in The Adventures Of Willy Beamish? Flounder to CodyJarrett!

11) How many Lemmings games were there on the Amiga, including unofficial ones?

12) Which game had a very confusing disk volume layout, containing stuff like Disk 00, 01 and 15? Flounder to Djay!

13) Which company put the kind of copyprotection in their games where you were given a random four-digit number and you had to phone up the company and give them your number in order to receive an activation code? Flounder to CodyJarrett!

14) Which game did Galahad work extremely hard on fixing, with glorius results? Flounder to CodyJarrett!

15) Which game had a demo appear on a coverdisk, but ultimately didn't come out, but was then given away for free (albeit slightly modified) on another magazine?

16) Which game started off incredibly hard, then became absolutely piss-easy at the very end?

17) What kind of guy was Keef? Flounder to Djay!

18) Which console game was finally ported to Amiga, but ended up on a CD despite coming in a floppy-disk size state?

19) In Monkey Island 1, which insult comes before the response "How appropriate. You fight like a cow."? Flounder to CodyJarrett!

20) In Monkey Island 1, what did you have to do to make the three pirates' pet rat scarper off? Flounder to Shatterhand!

21) In Monkey Island 2, what purpose did the feather pen serve? Flounder to CodyJarrett!

22) In Operation Stealth, what would happen if you didn't get out of the scene in time after some agent got shot?

23) Which adventure game required you to painstakingly walk up to the object you wanted to operate/take/use/drink/smash/whatever, and which sometimes expected you to position yourself at an exact place by the object?

24) Which adventure game required you to activate something during an actual cut-scene, if you were to survive a few minutes later?

25) Which popular game franchise saw one of its games become Amiga-exclusive (), with no other machines seeing said game on their respective formats? Flounder to Shatterhand!

26) In Simon The Sorcerer 2, what did Simon like doing with the wizard's daughter at first?

27) Which Amiga magazine gave a 90-odd percent score to a game that was thoroughly slated by everyone else on the planet? Flounder to CodyJarrett! Bonus point if you name the game in question.

28) An AP review of which game saw which reviewer trying to end the review early, before deciding to continue through to the other page anyway (to his disdain)?

29) An AP review of which game saw which reviewer explaining the game level by level, then completing it, then going through the levels again, proving one of its major flaws?

30) Which game did AP say the A500 version was better than the A1200 game? Flounder to CodyJarrett!

31) An AP review of which game saw which reviewer simply saying he wasn't going to review the game again, and therefore making it one of the shortest (if not the shortest) reviews to appear in AP's history? Halibut to CodyJarrett!

32) An AP review of which game saw which reviewer go through parts of the game from beginning to end, and taking a percentage off every time he encountered a bad thing, which seemed to occur often? Halibut to CodyJarrett!

33) An AP review of which game saw which reviewer re-enact a couple of scenes from Full Metal Jacket, and sneaking bits about the game in the process?

34) An AP review of which game saw which reviewer get put on trial for his controversial opinions on many games, before being found guilty? Halibut to CodyJarrett!

35) An AP review of which game saw which reviewer put out a fake score at the end? Halibut to CodyJarrett!

36) Which AP guy went off to do shiznit for Sensible Software before buggering off again? Flounder to CodyJarrett!

37) Which AP guy always kept his real identity a closely-guarded secret?

38) Which AP guy left the mag, seemingly because everyone kept assuming he was a well-known foreign-accented actor in disguise?

39) Which reasons were given as to why AP ultimately chose not to provide a SWOS fix disk, despite many promises in a previous issue or two?

40) Which game did AP give its lowest ever score to? Flounder to CodyJarrett!

41) Which game did AP give its highest ever score to? Flounder to CodyJarrett!

42) In the final AP, what happened to each AP staff member throughout the mag? Halibut to Cody!

43) Which EAB member has trouble emulating CD³² discs in WinUAE because he must be lame? Flounder to CodyJarrett!

44) Which EAB member was slated for making people try to guess where he got his poorly-drawn avatar from?

45) Which EAB member used to be criticised (jokingly) often about part of his hair?

46) Which EAB members have proven themselves to be Amiga Lords by owning/possessing a massive bunch of games, boxes, disks, magazines, the lot? I've edited the Q now cos' it seems there's more than one Amiga Lord. But Halibut to CodyJarrett!

47) Which PD adventure game was released for free but turned out to be never fully finished (it missed an episode)?

48) Which Street Fighter game could not run from floppy disks? Flounders to Shatterhand and Amigaboy!

49) Name the recent GTA clone for the Amiga. Flounder to CodyJarrett!

50) Name the games which used these cheat codes:
a) 7kids Flounder to Amigaboy!
b) cheatercheaterwimp Flounder to CodyJarrett!
c) choropoo Flounder to Cody!
d) joolsrip Flounder to Jarrett!
e) mole Flounder to.... well, this is a real stab in the dark, but... CodyJarrett?
f) jammmm Flounder to.... jesus, you SHOULD know by now...
g) aceviewfromupheremate Yes, he totally cleaned out the rest of the cheatcode section like it was a free all-you-can-eat buffet. Or something.
h) anothercheatmode Now the question remains...
i) frampage Did he know all the codes from the heart...
j) srbjslsb Or did he secretly look them up on webpages?
k) goldfish Of course, I guess I'll never know...
l) I am exquisitely evil Besides, it would be rather rude...
m) dingadingdangmydangalonglinglong To ask him such a question.
n) Marks Team But anyway.
o) helo to gordon and davee Cody has truly proven himself to be...
p) Let Me Sponge Some Cash Yer Twat A CHEATCODE FUNKLORD!

51) Name the games which were sponsored by these companies:
a) Chupa Chups Flounder to Shatterhand!
b) Lucozade Again, flounder to Shatts!

Ummmmm, that's all I know of for now! Did any others carry sponsors?

Oh well, good luck with this first brain-taxing quiz, peeps!

Last edited by MethodGit; 17 March 2003 at 23:20.
Old 17 March 2003, 00:20   #2
Amiga1992

Seems more fitting into the Nostalgia & Memories forum, so I moved it. Hope you don't mind, Marz.
Old 17 March 2003, 03:21   #3
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Damn, those are too many questions

Anyway, I'll give it a go.

6 - Super Putty.. that's an SNES game.. Silly Putty and Putty Squad are Amiga games (Though the 1st one is actually called Putty and the 2nd one also got an SNES version)
7 - DOTT , not released on Amiga.
15 - Erm.. TFX ?
18 - Erm.. The Misadventures of Flink ?
19 - You Fight like a farmer ... or something like that.
20 - You had to keep point the mouse at it. Lots and lots of times, then he would run away.
25 - Worms, the amiga exclusive game being Worms: The Director's Cut
27 - Lots ?
30 - Theme Park? I never read AP too much, but The One said that.
48 - Super Street Fighter II turbo ?
50 - I never used many cheats, but oohh...
d) Something from Sensible Software.. Megalomania perharps?
m) Sleepwalker
n) Syndicate

51 - A) Zool
B) Superfrog.

It seems like I don't know a lot about the Amiga history
Old 17 March 2003, 03:34   #4
Amigaboy

There's only 2 questions worth answering (even though I know alot more):

48) Which Street Fighter game could not run from floppy disks?
Super Street Fighter II Turbo (both AGA and CD32 versions)

a) 7kids

Street Fighter II : The World Warrior

All the other questions aren't cool enough to be answered

Old 17 March 2003, 07:09   #5
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I agree...there's just too many questions. I was looking for the exit sign about halfway down the list. This should have been three unique quizzes. Also, WAY too many "match AP review" questions. The EAB-related questions were a bit goofy, too.

GFX: 0%
SND: 0%
LASTABILITY: 99%
OVERALL SCORE: 24
Old 17 March 2003, 14:54   #6
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

10 out of 10 for effort Methodgit but I agree, too many q's!!!
Old 17 March 2003, 19:08   #7
MethodGit

Oops! Maybe I *did* go a bit overboard it seems! Should I just delete this quiz and start again, but this time put half the questions up?

And Ak, thanks for the effort of moving it anyhoo.
Old 17 March 2003, 19:42   #8
Djay
95th User

12) beneath a steel sky
17) a thief

Quote:
Oops! Maybe I *did* go a bit overboard it seems! Should I just delete this quiz and start again, but this time put half the questions up?
nah...

... i think its too much for ONE person, but if we all work together we can do it...

can you confirm which questions have been answered correctly and who answered them, the we can work on the missing answers!!!
Old 17 March 2003, 20:36   #9
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

1) Which famous question and running gag has been featured in numerous LucasArts games?

2) Which Gremlin games did not materialize on the Gremlin Classix compilation despite initial promises?
Night Raider and Butcher Hill

3) In what way did you defeat Captain Hook in, um, Hook?
By fighting him and pushing him to the left or something.

4) Name the Amiga magazines which gave these games away as free titles: Blob, Dangerous Streets, Quik The Thunder Rabbit, Trolls, No Second Prize, and Fantasy Football League
Amiga Power = Blob, No Second Prize

5) Name the magazine which gave out one particular game (and which game) for charidee?

6) Which is the odd one out: Silly Putty, Super Putty, Putty Squad?
Putty Squad

7) Which is the odd one out: Monkey Island 2, Indy Fate Of Atlantis, Day Of The Tentacle, Loom, Zak McKracken?
Day Of The Tentacle

8) Which game apprently, when you ripped the files from it and examined them closely, featured a hidden message in one of its files?
Lots of them!

9) Which game did Codetapper decide to dedicate to a late sea captain?
Santa's Xmas Caper

10) Name the videogame company often namechecked in The Adventures Of Willy Beamish?
Nintari

11) How many Lemmings games were there on the Amiga, including unofficial ones?
Eleven

12) Which game had a very confusing disk volume layout, containing stuff like Disk 00, 01 and 15?
Beneath A Steel Sky

13) Which company put the kind of copyprotection in their games where you were given a random four-digit number and you had to phone up the company and give them your number in order to receive an activation code?
Code Masters

14) Which game did Galahad work extremely hard on fixing, with glorius results?
Dragon's Breath

15) Which game had a demo appear on a coverdisk, but ultimately didn't come out, but was then given away for free (albeit slightly modified) on another magazine?
Leading Lap

16) Which game started off incredibly hard, then became absolutely piss-easy at the very end?
Project X

17) What kind of guy was Keef?
A Thief

18) Which console game was finally ported to Amiga, but ended up on a CD despite coming in a floppy-disk size state?
Battletoads

19) In Monkey Island 1, which insult comes before the response "How appropriate. You fight like a cow."?
You fight like a dairy farmer.

20) In Monkey Island 1, what did you have to do to make the three pirates' pet rat scarper off?
Insult it.

21) In Monkey Island 2, what purpose did the feather pen serve?
None

22) In Operation Stealth, what would happen if you didn't get out of the scene in time after some agent got shot?

23) Which adventure game required you to painstakingly walk up to the object you wanted to operate/take/use/drink/smash/whatever, and which sometimes expected you to position yourself at an exact place by the object?
All of them!

24) Which adventure game required you to activate something during an actual cut-scene, if you were to survive a few minutes later?

25) Which popular game franchise saw one of its games become Amiga-exclusive (), with no other machines seeing said game on their respective formats?
The Chaos Engine, Worms or Alien Breed

26) In Simon The Sorcerer 2, what did Simon like doing with the wizard's daughter at first?

27) Which Amiga magazine gave a 90-odd percent score to a game that was thoroughly slated by everyone else on the planet?
Amiga Action

28) An AP review of which game saw which reviewer trying to end the review early, before deciding to continue through to the other page anyway (to his disdain)?

29) An AP review of which game saw which reviewer explaining the game level by level, then completing it, then going through the levels again, proving one of its major flaws?

30) Which game did AP say the A500 version was better than the A1200 game?
Bubble And Squeak

31) An AP review of which game saw which reviewer simply saying he wasn't going to review the game again, and therefore making it one of the shortest (if not the shortest) reviews to appear in AP's history?
Sim City

32) An AP review of which game saw which reviewer go through parts of the game from beginning to end, and taking a percentage off every time he encountered a bad thing, which seemed to occur often?
Tube Warriors

33) An AP review of which game saw which reviewer re-enact a couple of scenes from Full Metal Jacket, and sneaking bits about the game in the process?

34) An AP review of which game saw which reviewer get put on trial for his controversial opinions on many games, before being found guilty?
Kick Off '96

35) An AP review of which game saw which reviewer put out a fake score at the end?
Alien Breed 3D 2: The Killing Ground

36) Which AP guy went off to do shiznit for Sensible Software before buggering off again?
Stuart Campbell

37) Which AP guy always kept his real identity a closely-guarded secret?

38) Which AP guy left the mag, seemingly because everyone kept assuming he was a well-known foreign-accented actor in disguise?

39) Which reasons were given as to why AP ultimately chose not to provide a SWOS fix disk, despite many promises in a previous issue or two?

40) Which game did AP give its lowest ever score to?
Kick Off '96

41) Which game did AP give its highest ever score to?
Rainbow Islands and SWOS 95-96

42) In the final AP, what happened to each AP staff member throughout the mag?
They all died.

43) Which EAB member has trouble emulating CD³² discs in WinUAE because he must be lame?
MethodGit AKA MarzAttakz

44) Which EAB member was slated for making people try to guess where he got his poorly-drawn avatar from?

45) Which EAB member used to be criticised (jokingly) often about part of his hair?

46) Which EAB member has proven himself to be Amiga Lord by owning/possessing a massive bunch of games, boxes, disks, magazines, the lot?
Twistin'

47) Which PD adventure game was released for free but turned out to be never fully finished (it missed an episode)?
In the Dead of the Night

48) Which Street Fighter game could not run from floppy disks?
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

49) Name the recent GTA clone for the Amiga.
Payback

a) 7kids - Street Fighter 2
b) cheatercheaterwimp - A-Train
c) choropoo - Elf (Ocean)
d) joolsrip - Cannon Fodder
e) mole - Artura
f) jammmm - Batman The Movie
g) aceviewfromupheremate - Assassin
h) anothercheatmode - Assassin SE
i) frampage - Zeewolf
j) srbjslsb - Rainbow Islands
k) goldfish - Zool
l) I am exquisitely evil - Banshee
m) dingadingdangmydangalonglinglong - Sleepwalker
n) Marks Team - Syndicate
o) helo to gordon and davee - Chrome
p) Let Me Sponge Some Cash Yer Twat - Alien Breed

51) Name the games which were sponsored by these companies:
a) Chupa Chups - Zool
b) Lucozade - Superfrog

Ummmmm, that's all I know of for now! Did any others carry sponsors?
Robocod - Penguin biscuits.
Pushover and One Step Beyond - Quavers snacks
Old 17 March 2003, 20:40   #10
MethodGit

Done. I do feel guilty about putting so many questions up at once. It took me a long time to think up good ones! Now how will I be able to make future Amiga quizzes?

@Djay: I've done it, matey. See above! Only a few people so far it seems...

Quote:
... i think its too much for ONE person, but if we all work together we can do it...
Wouldn't it be boring if one person got all the Q's right though? It's nice to see a mixture of users become winners in their respective questions.
Old 17 March 2003, 20:42   #11
oldpx

5) Amiga Format / TFX
49) Payback

I'm bored already!

Old 17 March 2003, 20:43   #12
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Burseg
5) Amiga Format / TFX
It was actually CU Amiga that gave away TFX
Old 17 March 2003, 20:45   #13
MethodGit

Jesus christ, looking at some of the answers here has made me realise there is one than one valid and understandable answer to some of my questions! *curses self for not thinking straight*

Is it right for me to say I've kinda screwed this quiz up by not being more specific in the first place?
Old 17 March 2003, 20:46   #14
Djay
95th User

i think 20 questions should be enough for future Quizzes...

i gotta a question for you lot....

I have a poster on my wall of an Amiga game... what is the game?
Old 17 March 2003, 20:53   #15
BippyM
Global Moderator

Party Games
Old 17 March 2003, 20:54   #16
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Quote:
Originally posted by Djay
I have a poster on my wall of an Amiga game... what is the game?
Zool.
Old 17 March 2003, 20:55   #17
Djay
95th User

welldone steve..

question 2...

name a popular racing game that has been released for the PSone, PC and Amiga?
Old 17 March 2003, 20:59   #18
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Quote:
Originally posted by Djay
name a popular racing game that has been released for the PSone, PC and Amiga?
Test Drive
Old 17 March 2003, 21:11   #19
Djay
95th User

hehe was Test Drive a popular game on the PSone

there is another much better example..

heres a clue... the Amiga version was the last version to be released
Old 17 March 2003, 21:25   #20
MethodGit

Ummm, GTA? Dangnabbit!

Guess I should just abandon my quiz for now?