English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 22:55   #1
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Any Tornado veterans with long memories?

I was hoping somebody who played (or plays) Tornado might be able to help. I've been playing/learning the game recently and I believe there is a bug in the Loft bomb attack routine.

This involves flying towards the target at high speed and low level, and then when the computer prompts you, pulling up at perhaps 20 degrees, holding down the commit button (which allows the computer to release the bomb at the correct moment) and centreing the stick, just before release.

Despite following the documented procedure above, my bombs always land long, a little way past the target.

In the recent Steam release of the PC version of the game I saw that this problem had arisen there, too.

The guy was apparently able to work around it by dropping the cycles of DOSbox from 23000 to 10000 or thereabouts.

Because I'm running the game on my 1200 PiStorm, with Paraj's speed up patch in JFF's WHDLoad slave, I thought I might be able to do the same by slowing the machine down. But it didn't work - the bombs are still falling long.

So...... my question is, does anybody remember if Loft Bombing was a problem with the original unpatched game on a relatively standard Amiga? Or if anybody has any general sugestions, they'd also be welcome.

Cheers.