English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 02 November 2008, 06:57   #1
blade002
Zone Friend

Need a file badly!

I know its not legal to ask for a file from the AllegroCDFS install disk and it should either be bought or supplied when you buy the IDE Buffered Interface, but i "did" buy the buffered interface i just ended up with a disk full of errors when i received it from AmigaKit about 1 year ago, and although i think AmigaKit zoned me another copy, the copy i have is now full of errors again!.

Now the original disk from AmigaKit is fine except for 1 file ( the most important file i presume ) is corrupted and that is the "AllegroCDFS" file!. I have salvaged all other files, but to save me needing to unpack an ADF and spend even more time playing around, can someone PLEASE Zone me just the "AllegroCDFS" file from the install disk!?!?. .PLEASE!!!..

I have the rest of the files from the original disk in separate directory on the Hard Disk, all i need is that one file so i can commence installing and then once i have all working files i will copy them all back to a working floppy.

Help Me !!!!...
Old 02 November 2008, 07:04   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hi blade,

I don't know if it's the correct version, but have a look here : http://www.vesalia.de/e_software.htm
I really hope that is the one you search for
Old 02 November 2008, 07:10   #3
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Hi blade,

I don't know if it's the correct version, but have a look here : http://www.vesalia.de/e_software.htm
I really hope that is the one you search for
I really should fly to Germany within the next few years and catch up with you mate! your an absolute gem buddy!!... This is my last ditched attempt at getting this thing going, and if this doesn't work, i don't know what will!?!?..

All i need is to get that CD icon to show up on the screen once i put a CD in!. if i can get that, then all my problems are solved!!...

Will keep you updated!..

Damn i use exclamation marks alot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. lol.
Old 02 November 2008, 07:21   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

It's just that I really hope you can get your Miggy back together and working my friend If I can help you with anything of course I'll try it. Like it seems you're quite busy recently and having a working Amiga will hopefully lower your stress level

P.S. Yes you do use a lot of exclamation marks
Old 02 November 2008, 10:58   #5
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
It's just that I really hope you can get your Miggy back together and working my friend If I can help you with anything of course I'll try it. Like it seems you're quite busy recently and having a working Amiga will hopefully lower your stress level

P.S. Yes you do use a lot of exclamation marks
Thanks for your all your help and support mate, and now for the latest update.. i had to reinstall workbench again and guess what! Now the Workbench 3.0 disk has errors!. I can actually feel the blood in my body getting to boiling point, so i will need to call it a night before something in the house becomes a target.

Will give you an update tomorrow mate
Old 02 November 2008, 11:31   #6
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You're really out of luck today mate Have another go tomorrow and I hope your workbench disks didn't say 'goodbye'

Maybe you should have some beers and relax just for now
Old 02 November 2008, 11:31   #7
jabsy
Yeah Hup!

Why not pull the disk and set it up on a pc using adfs under winuae????

It's not the traditional way but it makes things easier.....
Old 02 November 2008, 17:05   #8
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
You're really out of luck today mate Have another go tomorrow and I hope your workbench disks didn't say 'goodbye'

Maybe you should have some beers and relax just for now
SUCCESS !!!!!!.. .... I tried to reinstall Workbench again and this time it skipped the error and then after open heart surgery on my Amiga all day with the IDE Buffered device, i quit the software route and started looking at hardware other than my HD or Buffered device being the problem.

I got a pair of pliers thinking that the jumper to make the CD drive slave might have separated to far to make contact on the pins.. nope, it wasn't that, then i thought to myself, what IF the CD drive is not really all that compatible with the Buffered Device!!?.. I never suspected it because it always worked fine with IDEFix, so i took my Spare ASUS 52X CD drive from my Winblows PC and rigged it up to the Amiga.

And all of a sudden after installing the CDFS you directed me to today, i did a reset and threw in a CD praying it would see it!.. and THERE IS WAS!!!... WORKING BEAUTIFULLY!!!..

Now ive just got to do a few other things and i will hopefully be on my way in the compo again by tomorrow!!.. its 3am here so i will work on it till its going and then go to bed.. no work for me tomorrow

Thanks mate for everything!!!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsy View Post
Why not pull the disk and set it up on a pc using adfs under winuae????

It's not the traditional way but it makes things easier.....
I would rather sell my testicles on the black market than use emulation
Old 02 November 2008, 18:15   #9
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Yay Great news blade Good to hear your Miggy lives again and that you come back to the compo Have a good night and see you tomorrow

P.S. We talk about this emulation thing another day
Old 03 November 2008, 08:16   #10
jabsy
Yeah Hup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post
I would rather sell my testicles on the black market than use emulation
I'm not in the market for any extra testicles, but you'd only be using the emulation for the initial setup. I've set up my 4000 and my 2 x 1200's that way, it makes it a piece of cake to install the OS and copy the files over that will be needed later on. Then I just connect the drives back into the Amigas and boot up. Couldn't be easier.

Despite the cries of the tinfoil hat brigade, it doesn't taint or infect the drives in any way, or leave any remnants of Windows/Linux behind for possible future hauntings.