English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 26 January 2024, 15:23   #41
jPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
Here we go. lastfiles.zip missing in the file list. Array starts at 0 or 1 error? =)
It certainly looks like it, but no... or at least not my fault. I was betting it would be on parsing, but looks like a looping issue now. I added more debug info and a test loop before the actual loop. And a work-around if it could be detected and fixed on the fly.

Please test the new RNOXfer_debug exe once more, and show me the output even if it'd would succeed to list all files.

In any case this doesn't happen with my setups, tried with OS3.2 under WinUAE too, and wasn't able to reproduce it. And when forcing on your rnoxfer_filelist instead what I get from a server, still no issues.

I'm starting to believe that this is a hardware issue, have seen a bit similar behaviour on Vampires with FPU compiled stuff, although this isn't using FPU, but is it related.... what's your exact setup?
Old 26 January 2024, 16:55   #42
Turran

Same thing still. And an error message.

https://ftp2.grandis.nu/images/Craplinks/RNOXfer_5.jpg
https://ftp2.grandis.nu/images/Crapl...xfer_filelist2

I am using Amiberry 5.5.6 on a Raspberry Pi 400 and 5 (same thing on both).

Setup is basically:
86020 JIT
68882 FPU JIT
CPU Speed Fastest
3.2.2 Kickstart
2 Chip, 256 Z3 Fast
RTG: UAE [Zorro III] 4 MB

Here is the config for it.
https://ftp2.grandis.nu/images/Craplinks/OS322.uae

Edit: In WinUAE, it does not happen.. same OS more or less. And no error message with latest debug version. Hm
https://ftp2.grandis.nu/images/Craplinks/RNOXfer_6.jpg
https://ftp2.grandis.nu/images/Crapl...xfer_filelist3

EDIT2: If I disable JIT on the 68020 CPU in Amiberry, the problem goes away and it all starts to work. The error message about Table field1, as shown in RNOXfer_5.jpg above, also goes away.
I remember last time I had the problem and it fixed itself, it was in WinUAE, so perhaps the same problem there in some configurations / versions...

Last edited by Turran; 26 January 2024 at 17:18.
Old 26 January 2024, 20:42   #43
jPV

Yeah, there's nothing I can do in my code to fix this. If I could make a work-around, it would probably break in the next place who knows where and when.

It's some kind of compatibility issue, which could be in Amiberry's emulator, in vbcc that is used to compile Hollywood, or in Hollywood. There actually is somehow similar (but not exactly same) issue with WarpOS compiled executables... it's been investigated by Hollywood and vbcc authors, and it's strongly pointing to being an optimizer bug in vbcc, but it's not fully certain yet. I'll forward this new finding to them and let's see if it could have the same root cause.

Thanks for testing, and I'll inform here if something moves forward regarding this.
Old 27 January 2024, 00:07   #44
klx300r

@ jPV

I've got one A1200 with exact same setting to my local server as my other systems but for some reason my A1200 is giving me a timeout error? It can connect to other FTP sites no problem.

I just realized that the other systems are connected to the router directly via ethernet and the A1200 isnt..any ideas

Last edited by klx300r; 27 January 2024 at 01:53.
Old 27 January 2024, 16:54   #45
jPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
I've got one A1200 with exact same setting to my local server as my other systems but for some reason my A1200 is giving me a timeout error? It can connect to other FTP sites no problem.

I just realized that the other systems are connected to the router directly via ethernet and the A1200 isnt..any ideas
Other systems are using RNOXfer too, or some other client? Does the Pasv (passive) setting make any difference if you switch that? You could also launch RNOXfer with the -debug option and maybe that would reveal what's going on.
Old 27 January 2024, 19:15   #46
klx300r

Quote:
Originally Posted by jPV View Post
Other systems are using RNOXfer too, or some other client? Does the Pasv (passive) setting make any difference if you switch that? You could also launch RNOXfer with the -debug option and maybe that would reveal what's going on.
yes using RNOXfer, tried with PASV on & off

launched with -debug & getting failed to connect:Timeout was reached
Closing connection
Server doesn’t support UTF-8!
Old 27 January 2024, 20:19   #47
jPV

How about increasing the "Connect timeout" setting in General -> Misc? If it's a bit too slow system for the default value?
Old 27 January 2024, 21:21   #48
klx300r

Quote:
How about increasing the "Connect timeout" setting in General -> Misc? If it's a bit too slow system for the default value?
tried that & same thing? so strange that one Amiga with exact same RNOXfer settings logs in within seconds and another Amiga doesn't? Like I said above the only difference is one is connected to router via router and the other is connected via wifi
Old 28 January 2024, 07:07   #49
jPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
tried that & same thing? so strange that one Amiga with exact same RNOXfer settings logs in within seconds and another Amiga doesn't? Like I said above the only difference is one is connected to router via router and the other is connected via wifi
And you can ping the server from your wifi Amiga? Other FTP clients do work with it? I'm thinking that maybe your wifi connection is in the "guest" mode that doesn't allow access to LAN?
Old 28 January 2024, 17:58   #50
klx300r

Quote:
And you can ping the server from your wifi Amiga? Other FTP clients do work with it? I'm thinking that maybe your wifi connection is in the "guest" mode that doesn't allow access to LAN?
Interesting so how do I get out of guest mode?
Old 28 January 2024, 22:39   #51
jPV

Check your router settings. There might even be a separate SSID for the guest network... Google around if you're unsure.
Old 29 January 2024, 00:06   #52
klx300r

Quote:
Check your router settings. There might even be a separate SSID for the guest network... Google around if you're unsure.

just checked and my router has no guest accounts so I think it has something to do with my A314-cp IP address conflicting with the Amiga side IP??? Gonna try to look into this on the A314 side to figure out what the hecks going on
Old 06 February 2024, 15:47   #53
jPV

Quote:
EDIT2: If I disable JIT on the 68020 CPU in Amiberry, the problem goes away and it all starts to work. The error message about Table field1, as shown in RNOXfer_5.jpg above, also goes away.
I remember last time I had the problem and it fixed itself, it was in WinUAE, so perhaps the same problem there in some configurations / versions...
Quote:
There actually is somehow similar (but not exactly same) issue with WarpOS compiled executables... it's been investigated by Hollywood and vbcc authors, and it's strongly pointing to being an optimizer bug in vbcc, but it's not fully certain yet. I'll forward this new finding to them and let's see if it could have the same root cause.
This isn't related to the mentioned WOS/vbcc issue, so my guess is that it's an emulation issue, because JIT affects to it. Maybe there was something that has been fixed in WinUAE, but not (yet) in whatever emulator/version Amiberry is using.
Old 22 February 2024, 09:20   #54
jPV

Quote:
Here's a new 68k executable that checks if the MUI listview has the files it's supposed to have, and informs if not: RNOXfer

I guess it's the best I can do for now. I don't know yet if I make a whole new release, and to which version it should be bumped with only this small change on rare situations... or do I wait for a new version for all platforms.