English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 27 September 2017, 16:43   #1
Amiga1992

Cannot mount HDF and CF at the same time

This could be an Amiga-side problem, so forgive me if it doesn't go in the WinUAE forum.

I was trying to copy stuff from a backup HDF I have onto a CF card.

I added the HDF and CF as Commodore A1200/A600 IDE, one on unit 0 and one on unit 1. Unit didn't show up.

If I put both in unit 0, whatever is atop on the WInUAE hard drives tab shows up, the other one doesn't.

I tried changing one of them to IDE instead, same story.

When I add them both as UAE device, or one as Commodore IDE and the other as UAE, they both show up.

Is this normal behavior?
Old 27 September 2017, 17:17   #2
Sinphaltimus

Did you find a work around?

I know some folks complain about widows permissions and attributes that don't carry over but it hasn't affected me yet. What I've done in similar situations is to mount only one, copy what you need to a PC folder assigned as an HDD, then shutdown and plug in the other, copy files back.

Long way to go about it but if it's important and you wanna get it done.....
Old 27 September 2017, 17:28   #3
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
Did you find a work around?
Yes, I mentioned it in my original post: use UAE as device instead of IDE/Commodore IDE.

I knew I did this before and that it works, this is the first time I encounter this issue. Might just be an Amiga-side issue as I said.

(Copying to a PC folder is not recommended. You can lose important file attributes. There could also be potentially illegal filenames and shit. It's best to do to an HDF.)
Old 27 September 2017, 18:07   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

It can be normal. Can't say without RDB/partition info. Mount both as UAE and attach winuaelog.txt. (UAE controller will log partition information)

Possibly missing filesystem in other HDF? Or same filesystem using different dostypes. (like leaving default "CFS" dostype when installing custom filesystems)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
(Copying to a PC folder is not recommended. You can lose important file attributes. There could also be potentially illegal filenames and shit. It's best to do to an HDF.)
This is not really a problem anymore. As long as all file operations are done inside emulation.
Old 27 September 2017, 18:21   #5
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
I added the HDF and CF as Commodore A1200/A600 IDE, one on unit 0 and one on unit 1. Unit didn't show up.?
HERE I found your own problem then solved thanks to thomas

Furthermore you can mount it at the same time HarFile and CF/PenDrive both with filesystems Amiga than with PC-Window file systems FAT16/FAT32.

WinUAE Mount/Dismount SD/PenDrive Filesystem FAT32
[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 27 September 2017 at 18:42.
Old 27 September 2017, 19:38   #6
thomas

Quote:
I added the HDF and CF as Commodore A1200/A600 IDE, one on unit 0 and one on unit 1. Unit didn't show up.
Boot with both connected, then run HDToolbox. If both are listed, the first one probably is shown as changed. Select it and save the changes. Then reboot.