English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 25 February 2002, 12:33   #1
eh?

where can I get workbench or kickrom

I keep getting told that I need a workbench or kick rom, where can I get these from? the websites ive been pointed to dont exist any more =( please help

Thanks

Old 25 February 2002, 12:37   #2
Paul
RIP Friends

You can buy what you want from
http://www.cloanto.com/amiga/forever/

Also read
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2050
Old 25 February 2002, 13:19   #3
eh?

Hooooo great but

you seriously have to buy the roms or workbench images for Winuae or Fellow??? why is that, I only want to mess about with a few Amiga games on my super powerful P4 PC, does this mean that my Fellow and Winuae are useless then unless I buy these things? I have an ATari ST Emulator and Spectrum emulator, both with 1000's of games and they were all free that cant be right, can it?

Slightly confused

C

Old 25 February 2002, 13:23   #4
oldpx

You don't have to buy but if we keep on talking I may fail to keep the warez beast within me.

Old 25 February 2002, 13:30   #5
eh

what do you mean?

eh????

Old 25 February 2002, 13:33   #6
Kodoichi
Banned

Location: I'm the smiling face on your TV, I exploit you still you love me
/me tries to hold back Burseg

"You must resist!"
Old 25 February 2002, 13:34   #7
Drake1009

I think he means that the kick.rom and workbench are still copyrighted and sold and as such you are encouraged to buy it. Wether keeping the warez beast within him means he'll eventually point you to somewhere with the roms if he can keep it within, or if it gets out and escapes and runs loose with warez sites flying everywhere I don't know.
Old 25 February 2002, 13:39   #8
eh

ah now I understand

well if someone was to point me in that direction that would be great because then I know which website that I shouldnt look at in future =)

no seriously though, you know what im after, I just cant believe that its chargeable, as I mentioned about the other emulators I have, i can understand if you wanted to run it on an Amiga then fairenough but charging to run it on a PC seems strange.

I love the Amiga, I had an A1200 with CD drive etc etc for many years but in the end had to give in to the pc as nothing was available for me.

Anyway, if you can help, great, if not thanks for trying.

C

Old 25 February 2002, 13:47   #9
oldpx

Why don't you register? (so that you can have a pm button people will click to send you messages )

Old 25 February 2002, 13:52   #10
RCK
Administrator

Exclamation

No warez is allowed on this board.
If you had one account here, you may discuss of such thing with privates messages, but there won't be public warez link here.
Old 25 February 2002, 14:04   #11
eh?

just pm'ed u Burseg

thanks

Old 25 February 2002, 14:13   #12
oldpx

"Welcome to our newest member, eh?"

good nick.

Old 25 February 2002, 19:47   #13
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Thumbs down Can any newbies read?

Isn't it amazing that whenever just about anyone comes to EAB, they do not register, do not read the FAQs (in their inevitable search for romz'n'warez) and also seem incapable of using a search engine to find some of the most common kickstart files on the internet?

Old 25 February 2002, 20:23   #14
RetroMan

It´s even faster to do a quick search on G**gle with only two words and you get more than TEN working download pages on the first two search pages :laugh :laugh :laugh But I think most of´em are way too lazy to try anyway
Old 26 February 2002, 01:18   #15
Dr Xavier

@ Codetapper & Retroman....Speaking as a newbie I think you're right!

Old 26 February 2002, 01:31   #16
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Re: ah now I understand

Quote:
Originally posted by eh
no seriously though, you know what im after, I just cant believe that its chargeable, as I mentioned about the other emulators I have, i can understand if you wanted to run it on an Amiga then fairenough but charging to run it on a PC seems strange.
You can't believe that a piece of intellectual property is chargeable? Where do you live that software and hardware is free? And your thinking that if you buy the real thing, it's OK to charge you for the roms, but if you're running it for free in an emulator on a PC, you should have special consideration and not have to pay...I think it's more the other way around. It's free to real Amiga users because it's hardware on their actual real Amiga.

Either way, like the old crews used to say, a program worth using is a program worth buying.
Old 26 February 2002, 01:37   #17
Djay
95th User

i've often posted links for Emuchina, is that warez mongering?

*i'm not being rude when i ask this.
Old 26 February 2002, 09:17   #18
eh?

what you all chatting about eh?

you lot are talking pants. I am an experienced computer user and do more stuff than most of you can think of. I have a very powerfull pc which is a 100 times better than my old A1200 060fpu Amiga with internet access and cd rom drive! I asked on this board because I actually did a few searches and all the links I found were dead so I thought I would ask on this board because you lot are meant to be the experts, I wasnt aware it was chargable as I said I had other emulators and they were all free! I was hoping that some nice person would help me out (which they did, thanks B) but the rest of you just jump on the band waggon, nice way to treat a new member, now get a life! I only wanted the amiga emulator to play scorched tanks, but I guess I'll scrap that idea and just play Max Payne or Medal of Honour on my nice pc.

This isnt meant to cause offence to those helpful people just those idiots with a narrow mind.

Old 26 February 2002, 10:06   #19
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Re: what you all chatting about eh?

Quote:
Originally posted by eh?
you lot are talking pants. I am an experienced computer user and do more stuff than most of you can think of. I have a very powerfull pc which is a 100 times better than my old A1200 060fpu Amiga with internet access and cd rom drive! I asked on this board because I actually did a few searches and all the links I found were dead so I thought I would ask on this board because you lot are meant to be the experts, I wasnt aware it was chargable as I said I had other emulators and they were all free! I was hoping that some nice person would help me out (which they did, thanks B) but the rest of you just jump on the band waggon, nice way to treat a new member, now get a life! I only wanted the amiga emulator to play scorched tanks, but I guess I'll scrap that idea and just play Max Payne or Medal of Honour on my nice pc.

This isnt meant to cause offence to those helpful people just those idiots with a narrow mind.
Idiots? For pointing out the simple fact that everything you want in the world doesn't mean you are obligated to it? Nobody said anything about your knowledge (or lack thereof), nor about how powerful your PC is. And how could you know if you do or do not do more with your computer than most of us? Sheesh! Either way, what has that got to do with any of this?

Nor did anybody try to sell you on using an Amiga over your PC. The points were not made to try to 'sell you' Amiga ROMs. Paul said: "You can buy what you want...", he didn't say you had to. Likewise, I responded to the word chargeable, which I stand by. Despite how many emulators you use, their OS and system roms are still protected by copyright. But that doesn't mean I am being rude and telling you to go buy the machines or that you're breaking the law. That's for you to deal with in your own way (if at all). Codetapper and Retro pointed out how easy this info is to find if you do a bit of footwork on your own. People aren't narrow-minded simply because they don't sugar-coat their responses.
Old 26 February 2002, 11:04   #20
RCK
Administrator

@eh?: I'm totally agree with the moderators point of view...