English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 30 August 2014, 05:22   #1
ADz
A mighty pirate!

Breed 96 - Fixed / Properly cracked version?

http://hol.abime.net/5146

Love this game but unfortunately the two versions in Tosec seem to be broken. One doesnt load up and the other which is apparently fixed? ([f]) seems to crash out and random intervals.

The save state in WinUAE helps until a certain point and then the crashes get more frequent until it's unplayable

I'm really hoping somebody has a fully working cracked copy or somebody can crack a untouched version if it still exists?

Alternatively is it possibly a misconfiguration in WinUAE proile? Anybody know correct config?

Last edited by ADz; 30 August 2014 at 13:29.
Old 30 August 2014, 11:50   #2
zipper

No idea what's in this: ftp://ftp:amiga@grandis.nu/Commodore...eed96_Full.zip At least it launched in Amikit.
Old 30 August 2014, 11:53   #3
ADz
A mighty pirate!

Cool, looks like a WHDLoad version? Appears to be by CRUX though so may possibly be same version as the ADFs?

Will give it a try later.

Thanks bud
Old 30 August 2014, 13:27   #4
lesta_smsc

It says fixed in heading... is this version working?
Old 30 August 2014, 13:31   #5
ADz
A mighty pirate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post

Not sure yet as havent tried. Do you mean heading of topic? Sorry about confusion, I meant to add a question mark. I have tried editing but doesnt change title of thread, only my post.

There are three version in TOSEC collection, The demo, original cracked version and same version with [f] in title which means it's supposed to be fixed which it is as far as booting in concerned, however it has issues like described in first post.
Old 30 August 2014, 15:05   #6
liviux76

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
I tried the game for about 30 minutes on my A1200 with ACA1232/40 and it works flawlessly.

It is a nice game, the only thing that I didn't like is the game resoution, I have an Indivision AGA but I can't choose the resolution and the game automatically runs at 640X512.
Old 30 August 2014, 15:08   #7
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by liviux76 View Post
I tried the game for about 30 minutes on my A1200 with ACA1232/40 and it works flawlessly.

It is a nice game, the only thing that I didn't like is the game resoution, I have an Indivision AGA but I can't choose the resolution and the game automatically runs at 640X512.
Wonders if there is a way to override e.g. via WHDload
Old 31 August 2014, 10:26   #8
Amicol

Didn't know this game existed, gonna give it a try today.

Thanks bud
Old 31 August 2014, 10:32   #9
ADz
A mighty pirate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amicol View Post
Didn't know this game existed, gonna give it a try today.

Thanks bud
It's great game. There is one thing I would change about it though and that is the ship lists get confusing/unorganized. There should have been a way to sort them.
Old 02 April 2015, 00:25   #10
ADz
A mighty pirate!

Bump.

Anybody know of fully fixed version?

When you reach a specific amount of ships (about 60 as fas as I remember) it just crashes back to command prompt
Old 02 April 2015, 14:21   #11
daxb

Amiga Arena released the full version (free legal) Breed96 V1.3 (cracked) on 25.04.2002. I never noticed (at least I can`t remember) a crash on A1200 040 3.1. On the other hand I never built more then three/four "docking ports" which can handle 8 ships each. At least I can say you don`t need so many ships. More important is its quality (shield, weapon and speed). One good upgraded ship can beat all enemy ships.
Old 02 April 2015, 14:31   #12
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
Amiga Arena released the full version (free legal) Breed96 V1.3 (cracked) on 25.04.2002. I never noticed (at least I can`t remember) a crash on A1200 040 3.1. On the other hand I never built more then three/four "docking ports" which can handle 8 ships each. At least I can say you don`t need so many ships. More important is its quality (shield, weapon and speed). One good upgraded ship can beat all enemy ships.
Why release cracked version and not just release without protection?
Old 02 April 2015, 15:38   #13
daxb

I don`t know. You should ask amiga-arena.de. Maybe the original was lost or the author didn`t care.
Old 02 April 2015, 18:04   #14
ADz
A mighty pirate!

Quote:
My ships were upgraded a lot but as game progresses and you have more planets you need total many more ships to protect them or conquer other planets, especially as some races are far more stronger than others. So your list of ships grows as you gain more planets and meed to leave ships on them in case of attack. I can't remember the number but at a specifc amount it always just crashed to command.

I also have an ACA card and a 3.1 kickstart I have not got round to installing yet so may give them a try once as well although can't see it being those as issue as it did same it emulation as well as far as I can remember.

[edit]
Just to add I have been usding the cracked ADF's from TOSEC collection but haven't used the WHDLoad version yet which Amiga Arena seem to have so will give that a go once I've got round to getting everything up and running.

Last edited by ADz; 02 April 2015 at 18:11.
Old 02 April 2015, 19:41   #15
daxb

Edit:
I don`t have a WHDLoad version. Just the version from Amiga Arena. http://www.amiga-arena.de/breed96/

About ship amount. You really don`t need so much ships. Ship strenght depends also on race as you know. To win you need a good start and a as much as possible perfect infrastructure on your home planet. Defense ships (Laser Drone. Also for attack) should build only if attack message arrives. Don`t spread to wide at the beginning. Start attacking only if your ships are strong enough. Later, one ship per planet is enough. Sometime it is easier to have no ship in orbit and in case of capture just send a ship to recapture. If the enemies are to strong at some point it isn`t possible to win. You just need to be faster in become better then the opponents.

If you want to play a scenario I made:

scenario1.scn
Code:
<Scenario>
<Short>
Begin
<BeginText>
Scenario 1 details...

To win you need to own 9 planets and
200000 credits.

You lose if each alien own 4 planets.
<InitVars>
P 1
H 2
A 4
D 000
C 20000
<WinVars>
P > 8
$ > 200000
<LoseVars>
A1 > 3
A2 > 3
A3 > 3
<End>
The second one you cannot win (at least here). What means there isn`t an end (play infinity). I have no idea why. If you or someone else see the problem, please let me know.

scenario2.scn:
Code:
<Scenario>
<Short>
Rise time
<BeginText>
Scenario 2 details...

To win you need to own 4 planets -
300000 credits - 1800 population -
5 weapon updates - 5 shild updates
Do not work. Maybe WinVars.
<InitVars>
P 12
H 2
A 4
D 100
C 30000
<WinVars>
P > 3
$ > 300000
U21 > 4
U22 > 4
I > 1799
<LoseVars>
A1 > 3
A2 > 3
A3 > 3
<End>
Old 02 November 2019, 23:29   #16
ADz
A mighty pirate!

Quote:
Edit:
I don`t have a WHDLoad version. Just the version from Amiga Arena. http://www.amiga-arena.de/breed96/

About ship amount. You really don`t need so much ships. Ship strenght depends also on race as you know. To win you need a good start and a as much as possible perfect infrastructure on your home planet. Defense ships (Laser Drone. Also for attack) should build only if attack message arrives. Don`t spread to wide at the beginning. Start attacking only if your ships are strong enough. Later, one ship per planet is enough. Sometime it is easier to have no ship in orbit and in case of capture just send a ship to recapture. If the enemies are to strong at some point it isn`t possible to win. You just need to be faster in become better then the opponents.

If you want to play a scenario I made:

scenario1.scn
Code:
<Scenario>
<Short>
Begin
<BeginText>
Scenario 1 details...

To win you need to own 9 planets and
200000 credits.

<InitVars>
P 1
H 2
A 4
D 000
C 20000
<WinVars>
P > 8
$ > 200000
<LoseVars>
A1 > 3
A2 > 3
A3 > 3
<End>
The second one you cannot win (at least here). What means there isn`t an end (play infinity). I have no idea why. If you or someone else see the problem, please let me know.

scenario2.scn:
Code:
<Scenario>
<Short>
Rise time
<BeginText>
Scenario 2 details...

To win you need to own 4 planets -
300000 credits - 1800 population -
5 weapon updates - 5 shild updates
Do not work. Maybe WinVars.
<InitVars>
P 12
H 2
A 4
D 100
C 30000
<WinVars>
P > 3
$ > 300000
U21 > 4
U22 > 4
I > 1799
<LoseVars>
A1 > 3
A2 > 3
A3 > 3
<End>

Wow, sorry for the super late reply I must have been sidetracked at time as life got really hectic. I'll be getting back into my Amiga shortly and giving game and your scenarios a go. Thanks.
Old 03 November 2019, 17:08   #17
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADz View Post
Not sure yet as havent tried. Do you mean heading of topic? Sorry about confusion, I meant to add a question mark. I have tried editing but doesnt change title of thread, only my post.
Better late than never

A "question mark" has been added to the end of the thread title, and also spelt "properly" correctly
Old 17 November 2019, 18:02   #18
DamienD
Banned

So ADz, did you ever find a "fixed" .ADF of this game that doesn't crash when you reach a specific amount of ships (about 60 as far as you can remember)?

Also, does anyone know exactly what TCD fixed with this version?
Breed 96 v1.3 (1996)(Tarnawsky, Damian)(SW-R)[f TCD][h CRX][AMOS].adf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADz View Post
Cool, looks like a WHDLoad version?
There is no official WHDLoad version.
Old 17 November 2019, 20:23   #19
DamienD
Banned

Ok, so TCD really just fixed this error with the "Breed 96 v1.3 (1996)(Tarnawsky, Damian)(SW-R)[h CRX][AMOS].adf".

The files on the disk are exactly the same as what's in the Amiga Arena archive...

Anyway, I've now created a new disk with the following changes:
  • Used the files from the archive "AmigaArena_Breed96.zip".
  • Added in the "Hellfire" trainer.
  • Had to crunch the "Intro" so everything would fit on disk.
  • Added the ability to press either F1 or F2 to launch either the game or manual.
  • Adjusted the menu text for the assigned keys:

• The disk now works on an A500 / OCS / KS ROM 1.3 upwards.
Note: don't select "Unlimited Time" in the trainer as the game becomes faulty i.e. you continually have repeating messages and cannot play.

New disk attached

Last edited by DamienD; 18 November 2019 at 19:03.
Old 18 November 2019, 19:02   #20
DamienD
Banned

Bah, I named the disk incorrectly in the above post.

I've also changed the filename of the script I made that gets run to launch the intro, then trainer and finally the game...

New disk attached