English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 26 January 2013, 16:14   #1
pekr

Black screen but game is still loading?

Hi there

When I start a game, the screen (fullscreen and windows mode) just goes black. The sound indicates that the game is loading and starts up. The funny things is that when I focus on another window I can see that the game is up and running in the background (things moving around and so on). But as soon as I focus on the FS-UAE window the screen just freezes where it was.

Anyone have any solution to this? I tried different video settings, but to no vail.

Thanks
Peter

Old 26 January 2013, 16:47   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

I haven't heard about (or seen) anything similar. Attaching FS-UAE.log to a post here after running FS-UAE is a good idea. It may contain useful information.

I assume that by "a game" you also mean any/all games?
Old 28 January 2013, 16:49   #3
pekr

Hi, and thanks for quick response. I have to take at the logfile in the upcoming weekend.

This thing happens with everything i try, its only showing picture when the window is out of focus, as soon as the focus returns to the window, the picture freezes!

Best
Peter

Old 29 January 2013, 20:45   #4
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

It's probably not what you want to hear, but the most likely explanation is that you have some local problem on your computer. Nothing like this has ever been reported. I would at least ensure that graphics drivers are updated, etc.

(But still, please attach the log when you have time)
Old 01 February 2013, 04:29   #5
pekr

Ive rename the .log file to .txt so I could attach it.

Im downloading new Nvidia drivers as we speak. Ill keep you up to date :-)
Attached Files
File Type: txt Launcher.log.txt (40.0 KB, 225 views)
File Type: txt FS-UAE.txt (51.1 KB, 641 views)

Old 01 February 2013, 06:40   #6
pekr

Tried the latest nvidia drivers, updated the motherboard bios. But still the same issue. When I "Alt Tab" i can se the game run in the background, but as soon as I switch to the game window it freezes up (the sound continues to play) If I "Alt Tab" once more the game plays fine in the background.

Old 01 February 2013, 18:07   #7
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, the log you posted shows that you don't use "real" OpenGL drivers:
Code:
opengl vendor: Microsoft Corporation
opengl renderer: GDI Generic
opengl version: 1.1.0
(This is the fallback-implementation bundled with Windows).

You probably need OpenGL drivers from your graphics vendor for decent results anyway... -I don't know if this changed after you updated your drivers. You can open the log file and search for "opengl renderer".

(BTW: I'm adding a GUI warning in FS-UAE if opengl renderer is "GDI Generic"...)
Old 03 February 2013, 10:38   #8
pekr

Hi and thanks for taking the time to help me. Ive installed some other Nvidia drivers (3.06)
The log file show my Geforce 520GT as opengl render, but I have the same problem. I tried to install you latest dev. version, and I dont get any opengl render error.

Old 03 February 2013, 10:53   #9
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Well, good, that should at least ensure you get good performance when you actually see the image

But I don't have any really good idea, here are some suggestions:
- Search google for reports of similar problems (for any OpenGL program)
- Try running with and without Aero (desktop effects), if you have Windows >= Vista
- If you press F12 to open the menu while running (with black screen), is everything still black?
Old 04 February 2013, 17:31   #10
pekr

When pressing f12 nothing happens, but if i switch focus to another window and then return, the menu appears. I cant do anything, but I know its running (because of the sound)

I tried to install FS-UAE on my main computer (similar Ivy bridge I7 cpu, but with a couple of Geforce 660TI installed instead of the Geforce 520GT in my htpc)

Everything works fine :-)

btw im running Win8 64bit on both. My htpc is attached to my Onkyo receiver with hdmi, while the other computer uses dual dvi.