English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 27 October 2021, 20:03   #1
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Is the Amiga Mini an opportunity for games publishing deals?

I wonder if, in a hardware driven market like the actual amiga scene, for some software devs to try to make a deal with the makers of Amiga mini or other future incarnations to have their game included, is a way to reap some ROI.

Want to remind that actually retro amiga market is the closest thing to a nuclear wasteland and so efforts are needed to fertilize in order to reap something - anything - later on
Old 27 October 2021, 20:15   #2
kriz

With the C64 mini they released they did include two new games: Galencia and Farming Simulator https://retrogames.biz/games/galencia + https://retrogames.biz/games/farming-simulator ..So for sure it could be possible, but they want to sell a lot of units so focus will be on the well know classics people still remember and want to play again ...
Old 15 November 2021, 03:25   #3
vrxguy

Would be a great opportunity!!
Old 15 November 2021, 10:31   #4
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Kriz does make a point I personally identify with. IF I get actual hardware, it wouldn't be to play new stuff. It would be to relive my past.
Old 15 November 2021, 11:28   #5
RuySan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Kriz does make a point I personally identify with. IF I get actual hardware, it wouldn't be to play new stuff. It would be to relive my past.
Why not both? Memory is cheap anyway. They could have included way more games.

And look at the SNES mini. Having starfox 2 was a great deal to many people. If the Amiga mini included a couple of new games like shadows of sergoth it would be awesome
Old 15 November 2021, 16:55   #6
Mixel

Given that it supports usb sticks and WHdload they’d be missing a trick by not selling publisher based bundles like Evercade does. I hope that happens!
Old 15 November 2021, 18:07   #7
deimos
It's coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Wasn't part of your past playing new stuff? To recreate the feeling of the late 80's / early 90's, shouldn't we have some exciting new stuff, built with all the experience the coders had by the end of that era but also benefiting from the improvements in tools and processes that have come about recently?
Old 15 November 2021, 18:27   #8
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

I think Mixel has mentioned a better opportunity, the Evercade. Not sure the mini's are fertile ground for further development in itself. But anything that exposes the general public to this side of gaming is a good thing.
Old 15 November 2021, 19:53   #9
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxgogo View Post
I think Mixel has mentioned a better opportunity, the Evercade. Not sure the mini's are fertile ground for further development in itself. But anything that exposes the general public to this side of gaming is a good thing.
AND can give some numbers that devs are waiting for
the late Amiga community debacle is that i see lot of professional 'moaners' complain about the quality of latter retro games, despite being well aware that doing quality games for Amiga takes resources and that the actual community size does not guarantee a ROI - in this case have commercial bundles like the above could rake some well sought numbers that might give motivation to devs to create better software - or even just create software - am aware we are not here for the money, most of the times i don't get paid for my music in example, but if some cash come out of our efforts is all good
Old 16 November 2021, 15:57   #10
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by deimos View Post
Wasn't part of your past playing new stuff?
Yes because the Amiga was then what I had. Nowadays I play new stuff on the PC.
Old 28 November 2021, 19:18   #11
Vstech

I see all the retro console machines selling out constantly at box stores, and would love to find an amiga console packed with stuff to pick up.
Old 28 November 2021, 22:42   #12
lesta_smsc

More than likely, once it is released, someone will work out a way to modify it and make it more than it was sold out to be. Reading the review, it seems to offer AGA support which is great. I'm sure there will be some means of speed boosting so that it effectively runs like one with an accelerator... who knows, it might even replace the need for real hardware (or be a more affordable alternative!)
Old 28 November 2021, 23:33   #13
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

Well, we don’t need the real hardware, but we WANT it!!! ?? From what I have read, it will be able to load external games out of the box. As for tweaking the actual system on the chip, well yeah, we will have to see, but if any community will do it, it is the Amiga community. Hehe