English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 21 September 2021, 11:53   #81
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cego View Post
You're reading too much into simple questions and taking it too personal.
Says the guy who comes over to here to start up shit, while everybody is having a lively discussion about custom engines vs general ones.
LOL.
Old 21 September 2021, 11:57   #82
Cego

I came here to defend myself after you started talking behind my back, which i wouldn't have noticed if not a user on the other forum gave me a hint
All is good and i have not started up shit. Just asked a nice and neutral question about your opinion on the scorpion engine.

Still much love and respect to every amigan.
Old 21 September 2021, 11:59   #83
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
I'm sort of wondering how much overhead (memory wise) the Scorpion engine takes. All of my battles in assembler on the stock machines tend to be on the memory.

I'm keen for my games to run on the A500 mini - so keeping them stock is important (among other things I do with memory management)
Mmmh, good point.

I guess I also need a defined config to work against, or it stops being fun if you just throw more power at a problem.
Old 21 September 2021, 12:02   #84
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
I came here to defend myself after you started talking behind my back, which i wouldn't have noticed if not a user on the other forum gave me a hint
How was it "talking behind your back" if you and A1K were not even mentioned, but just the content of your post?

You decided to come here and make it about you and not about your post.
Old 21 September 2021, 12:05   #85
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
[...] if somebody likes my tool and uses it thats nice, but if nobody notices it, i don't care either, because i didn't do it for some audience, i did it for myself.
+1
Old 21 September 2021, 12:06   #86
Cego

I know that you’re talking about me and anybody else who is on both forums and reading reading both topics.
Old 21 September 2021, 12:10   #87
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
I know that you’re talking about me and anybody else who is on both forums and reading reading both topics.
And so you had to come here, because you feel attacked even it was not about you like I immediately cleared up, but about the public perception of custom vs general engines?

Maybe you shouldn't take yourself so serious...?
Old 21 September 2021, 12:18   #88
Cego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
And so you had to come here, because you feel attacked even it was not about you like I immediately cleared up, but about the public perception of custom vs general engines?
Interesting. Almost all of your responses to my posts in this thread were full of implications about me and now your saying it was about a general perception?

Quote:

Maybe you shouldn't take yourself so serious...?
I don’t
Old 21 September 2021, 12:19   #89
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
If somebody likes my tool and uses it thats nice, but if nobody notices it, I don't care either, because I didn't do it for some audience, I did it for myself.
Fair enough. There is a lot of stuff I create that falls into this vein.

I was at a certain point with Inviyya though, where it stopped being "I only do this for my fun", and I had to decide whether I go on with it and getting it to resemble somewhat a professional game.
Which meant implementing lots of stuff that wasn't fun for me. Like a hi score list and everything connected to it. Or a title screen. Or getting everything on one disk.

So, yep, I get your point, but then probably no "full" Amiga games would be
getting made, imo.
Old 21 September 2021, 12:20   #90
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Interesting. Almost all of your responses to my posts in this thread were full of implications about me and now your saying it was about a general perception?
Whatever makes you happy, mate.
Old 21 September 2021, 12:21   #91
Mixel

Quote:

Good points. I am thinking we are nearing a state though, where around 70% to 80% of Amiga action game projects can be done in Scorpion.
That sounds about right tbh, particularly if people keep being interested in 80s arcade ports etc there are quite a lot of games I can imagine could be ported if anyone had the time.

Quote:
Really impressed by what you achieved in your game, btw, Mixel.
Thankyou. I like how we're all creatively pushing at the edges of the boxes we're in. That extra level you added to Inviyya is great too!
Old 21 September 2021, 12:31   #92
Cego

Quote:
Whatever makes you happy, mate.
A simple and kind answer to my initial question on a1k would’ve been enough
Old 21 September 2021, 12:35   #93
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
A simple and kind answer to my initial question on a1k would’ve been enough
For you not to come here and stirring up shit on a perceived slight against you that was cleared up immediately after?
Old 21 September 2021, 12:44   #94
Cego

You are repeating yourself. I did not stir up anything nor was it a slight perception on my side. Blame yourself for acting that way and earning this kind of reaction and not the one you constantly attack.
Old 21 September 2021, 12:53   #95
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
You are repeating yourself. I did not stir up anything nor was it a slight perception on my side. Blame yourself for acting that way and earning this kind of reaction and not the one you constantly attack.
Dude, I didn't even mention you here until you decided to show up.
Even that dude on the other forum who mentioned this there immediately understood it was not about making fun of you by reading up on the rest of the thread and said basically sorry for misunderstanding the situation.

Yet you make it about you and want "justice".
Old 21 September 2021, 12:58   #96
apex

Hey my friends, what is going on? Kindergarten open again?

Everyone should know: There are hundreds of happy silent users, but only a hand full complaining loud, bullshitting and so on. Normal today. Go to the positive side and do not talk to the black side. Lol.
Old 21 September 2021, 13:00   #97
Cego

Well, again you are talking on behalf of other people and saying things a lot of people here cannot verify as they’re not on a1k. Maybe you should stick to yourself. Everybody can read and make up his mind for his own.
Old 21 September 2021, 13:07   #98
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Well, again you are talking on behalf of other people and saying things a lot of people here cannot verify as they’re not on a1k. Maybe you should stick to yourself. Everybody can read and make up his mind for his own.
They can come over and read up about it the same way you came over and needed to make this about you instead of what you wrote.
And now endlessly going on with your tripe in my game's thread.

Quote:
Go to the positive side and do not talk to the black side. Lol.
Wouldn't this be talking to the slightly coloured side on this special occasion?
Old 21 September 2021, 13:14   #99
sparhawk

Quote:
So, yep, I get your point, but then probably no "full" Amiga games would be getting made, imo.

LOL! I can understand that. It's a big difference between a tool where you take only a few days or a full blown game which takes often enough a few years to make in spare time. So the comparison was not completely fair, only to illustrate my point.

I can also understand that it's a big motivation if you feel like giving up and then you get feedback telling you that it's well worth after all.
Old 21 September 2021, 13:17   #100
Cego

Quote:
They can come over and read up about it the same way you came over and needed to make this about you instead of what you wrote.
And now endlessly going on with your tripe in my game's thread.
Good idea. Maybe people should be generally aware of you talking on behalf their names and take precautions.
Apparently it’s not enough for you to use your own arguments, so you feel the need to involve other people in your pathetic argument

I am not tripping. Its you in your own thread with all your funny implications about me