English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga File Server

Old 27 May 2020, 10:51   #2481
BullyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
The FTP are being hammered by Russia again. Blocking all of Russia in the firewall for the time being. If you're in Russia, toss me your IP or use a VPN to another country. China is currently blocked as well and have been for some time as they just don't give up.
Hacking?
Old 02 June 2020, 08:23   #2482
Turran

FTP offline for the time being. Google drive link disabled.

Last edited by Turran; 03 June 2020 at 09:24.
Old 02 June 2020, 09:00   #2483
ransom1122

Quote:
FTP offline for the time being.
Old 02 June 2020, 10:08   #2484
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
FTP offline for the time being.
Just to elaborate; the FTP has been taken offline due to discussion in this thread: Legality of CoffinOS and Vampire Team

It has been brought to our attention that there are numerous compilations containing KS ROMs.

These need to be removed ASAP; along with anything else that shouldn't be there!!!

As per the note on the 1st page of this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magix View Post
If you want to upload some files to the server, please consider the following upload rules:
Upload Rules
  1. DO NOT upload "Workbench Disks", "Kickstart ROMs/Disks" & software or music files still supported/for sale.
  2. DO NOT upload NEVER EVER APC & TCP Software.
  3. Upload your files to folder called your FTP User Name in ~Uploads (create one if it does not exist).
  4. Post a reply here what you have uploaded or create a thread about it when you have several files to upload.
* * * W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G * * *

Those found in violation of points 1 & 2 of the above rules will automatically earn themselves the following ban:-
  1. First Offence a 1 week ban
  2. Second Offence a 1 month ban
  3. Third offence a permanent ban
and have their EAB File Server accounts suspended until further notice or disabled permanently.

* * * W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G - - - W A R N I N G * * *
So for now, until me and other GMods / FTP Admins can go through and delete the offending files; the FTP will be offline until further notice.
Old 02 June 2020, 20:08   #2485
mai

It went well for a long time, but to say that they didn't know about the KS is either naive or a lie!
However, have fun to find all the hidden KS!

For the time being i would temporally disable relevant folders!
Old 02 June 2020, 20:19   #2486
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
It went well for a long time, but to say that they didn't know about the KS is either naive or a lie!
Oh right mai, are you saying we moderators on EAB knew about the KS ROMs in various compilations???

Quote:
However, have fun to find all the hidden KS!
...as always you are very supportive and helpful; not!!!

Is it really a wonder why you lost your moderator status? Ask yourself; and reflect.

Quote:
For the time being i would temporally disable relevant folders!
Have you not read properly? The whole "EAB File Server" is offline until further notice... could be months. Personally I don't care.

...and the way I'm feeling right now; I'm quite happy to nuke all ~Uploads and Collection folders, as that's where this stuff will be.

I really don't give a shit currently; and EAB needs to clear off this questionable content ASAP!!!

Last edited by DamienD; 02 June 2020 at 20:41.
Old 02 June 2020, 20:44   #2487
grond

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
...and the way I'm feeling right now; I'm quite happy to nuke all ~Uploads and Collection folders, as that's where this stuff will be.

I really don't give a shit currently; and EAB needs to clear off this questionable content ASAP!!!
If you feel bad, perhaps talking about your problem will help?
Old 02 June 2020, 20:45   #2488
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond View Post
If you feel bad, perhaps talking about your problem will help?
You're a f$%king smart arse mate... you and your Apollo team are the cause of all this shit with your blatant disregard of the law!!!

...and you're supposed to be a lawyer; what an absolute f$%king joke. You're kidding me right???

I've worked at major American / UK legal firms for the past 20 years and never have I encountered one like you. You should be ashamed of yourself and your practices.

Now, why don't you clean up your own act??? Oh I know, you're making money off this stuff

See ya and good riddance, you most definitely won't be missed around here...

Last edited by DamienD; 02 June 2020 at 21:10.
Old 02 June 2020, 21:16   #2489
pgovotsos

Quote:
discussion in this thread: Legality of CoffinOS and Vampire Team
I stumbled across this thread and I was shocked. Not by the matter under discussion but the manner in which the conversation is being expressed. We're all 40+ (many very +) year old, supposedly mature adults. Yet this discussion sounds like something I heard my grandchildren involved in on the playground.

Personally I don't have any problem with people talking about an issue where they have opposing views. That's how problems get ironed out. But I really expect adults to converse in adult ma8. As I read this thread, I began to fully expect to see someone say "I'm telling my Daddy and he'll fix you!".

I keep seeing threads with this kind of "discussion" and I just don't understand why we can't handle things in a different way.

Just to be clear, this isn't a stab at DamienD or any other individual. I just quoted a part of DamienD's message because it happened to be the one with the relevant link. I started writing this in that thread and it was closed in the mean time.
Old 02 June 2020, 21:20   #2490
DamienD
Banned

This thread is not for discussion about the Legality of CoffinOS and Vampire Team thread... its now done with / has been closed, and everything needed has been said by both parties.

Any further posts related to this will be deleted immediately; are we clear?
Old 02 June 2020, 21:56   #2491
DamienD
Banned

Regarding content uploaded to the EAB File Server.

Each and every one of you who uploaded files / folders knew the rules and accepted them. Before uploading you were supposed to check and remove any dubious content...

It is not mine, nor any other GMod's / FTP admin's responsibility / task to ensure this!!!

How can we possibly; given the amount of data that there is? We trusted you as members to do the right thing...

Moving forward, when I get time I will start going through everything... and hopefully other FTP admins will assist.

A warning though; if we find any content that falls under the category of "not permitted" as specified in the rules... you will receive a ban. The more files that are found, the longer this will be. Any more than 10 "not permitted" files and you will be banned permanently.

So to avoid the above action, really anyone who has uploaded stuff should start going through what it is that they've uploaded; and if "not permitted", inform any GMod / FTP admin of it's whereabouts immediately.

I've now uploaded the latest "filelist.zip" to The Zone!... I would strongly advise that you all get cracking on this mammoth task... I'm not messing around here; this is serious.

This way we can remove the "not permitted" content quicker, shorten the workload on GMods / FTP admins, and hopefully open this resource sooner once it's been totally cleaned.

Thank you.

Last edited by DamienD; 02 June 2020 at 22:56.
Old 02 June 2020, 23:25   #2492
DamienD
Banned

Update to the above post i.e. you can now all download / go through the "filelist.zip" in terms of your own "~Uploads" folder. It's your responsibility, nobody elses.

I know for a fact that mine is clean and ok so...

Anyone who uploaded "Collections" or anything else moved to other locations; better get cracking!!!
Old 02 June 2020, 23:28   #2493
apex

You have to delete everything. Every hacked or changed game is not legal. IPF images are not legal. For most of the ADFs you have no legal permission. A CD32 game collection is not legal. Things like Eye Of The Beholder AGA is not legal and so on... this is a war started by some eab moderators which will be not won. Deleting everything will delete the soul of EAB.
Old 02 June 2020, 23:31   #2494
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex View Post
You have to delete everything. Every hacked or changed game is not legal. IPF images are not legal. For most of the ADFs you have no legal permission. A CD32 game collection is not legal. Things like Eye Of The Beholder AGA is not legal and so on... this is a war started by some eab moderators which will be not won. Deleting everything will delete the soul of EAB.
Hold on; first of all you say:
You have to delete everything. Every hacked or changed game is not legal. IPF images are not legal. For most of the ADFs you have no legal permission. A CD32 game collection is not legal. Things like Eye Of The Beholder AGA is not legal and so on... this is a war started by some eab moderators which will be not won.
...and then you say:
Deleting everything will delete the soul of EAB.
So which is it that you want exactly, and which would actually make you happy? It's very unclear from your post...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's an idea for you; why don't you f$%k off back to a1k.org?

I'm sick and tired of you and your henceman i.e. AMike trying to tell us what to do / how to run EAB.

Another recent example by yourself: eab responsible contact - Teamleader moderation.

Tell me, how did that work out for you?

We are doing the right thing... go hassle the Apollo team; who are doing absolutely nothing to rectify their wrong doings!!!

Last edited by DamienD; 03 June 2020 at 00:13.
Old 02 June 2020, 23:34   #2495
apex

Quote:
You're a f$%king smart arse mate...

How old are you? Your appearance and discussion style is the same like from a child.
You will delete all compilations and the work other have done here? You just start a war against the EAB community and soul.
Old 02 June 2020, 23:38   #2496
apex

Quote:
Here's an idea for you; why don't you f$%k off back to a1k.org?

I'm sick and tired of you and your henceman i.e. AMike trying to tell us what to do / how to run EAB.

Another recent example by yourself: eab responsible contact - Teamleader moderation.

Tell me, how did that work out for you?

We are doing the right thing... go hassle the Apollo team; who are doing absolutely nothing to rectify their wrong doings!!!

I already wrote to RCK how toxic you are for the community! And why should I go back to a1k? I am a member here since many years and I am allowed to share my point of view.
Old 02 June 2020, 23:38   #2497
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
How old are you? Your appearance and discussion style is the same like from a child.
You will delete all compilations and the work other have done here? You just start a war against the EAB community and soul.
Again, I really don't care about your opinion...

As for removing compilations and the work of others... Yes, if they contain "non permitted" files then so be it; the rules have always been like this on EAB

Here's a great suggestion, why don't you host on "a1k.org" then? I've heard all sorts goes on over there; totally unmoderated I might add!!!

Besides, Amigajay already send me a PM early this morning apologising; and pointed me to where these "non permitted" files are located.

So again, mind your own damn business.

Quote:
I already wrote to RCK how toxic you are for the community!

Quote:
And why should I go back to a1k? I am a member here since many years and I am allowed to share my point of view.
You really need to stop telling me or any other GMods how to run EAB...

We've done perfectly fine for decades!!!

Look in your own garden

Last edited by DamienD; 03 June 2020 at 00:37.
Old 02 June 2020, 23:38   #2498
AMike

Quote:

And I'm sick and tired of your accusations. Every time I write an opinion you don't like, you come up with this argument. Please show me where I told you how to run EAB? I'm here as an user (since 13 years) and nothing else.

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...1&postcount=14
Old 02 June 2020, 23:40   #2499
apex

Quote:
Again, I really don't care about your opinion...

Same for me. You are toxic for EAB and the community here.
Old 02 June 2020, 23:45   #2500
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMike View Post
And I'm sick and tired of your accusations. Every time I write an opinion you don't like, you come up with this argument.
Who exactly is making accusations??? From memory today you seem to have made more than a handful against EAB; real nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMike View Post
Please show me where I told you how to run EAB? I'm here as an user (since 13 years) and nothing else. http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...1&postcount=14
Where you say? In the thread I already linked to: eab responsible contact - Teamleader moderation.

Quote:
Same for me. You are toxic for EAB and the community here.
Don't make me laugh... you really have no idea what I do for EAB and the Amiga community; with you shitty 432 posts over 10+ years. Do your research, then come back to me.

Anyway, whatever... please do take it up with RCK.

Last edited by DamienD; 02 June 2020 at 23:55.