English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 28 June 2008, 13:40   #1
_ThEcRoW
Amiga NetRunner

Competition pro buttons

Hello friends, from long ago i have been experiencing stickiness in the comp pro buttons, mainly on the left. Is there any way to do to the buttons for more natural feel?. Also i dissasembled the stick, but couldn't find anything wrong, and it is vary annoying at certain games.
Any suggestions?. Also, is possible to use a psx pad on the amiga?. I say that because i have a ps2 arcade stick that could be wonderful for amiga games.
Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 28 June 2008, 21:10   #2
rkauer
I hate potatos and shirts

Send a message via MSN to rkauer Send a message via Yahoo to rkauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ThEcRoW View Post
Hello friends, from long ago i have been experiencing stickiness in the comp pro buttons, mainly on the left. Is there any way to do to the buttons for more natural feel?. Also i disassembled the stick, but couldn't find anything wrong, and it is vary annoying at certain games.
Any suggestions?. Also, is possible to use a psx pad on the amiga?. I say that because i have a ps2 arcade stick that could be wonderful for amiga games.
Thanks in advance!!!!
For PS2 joypad, yes. Look at Aminet for appe (it is a hack to convert a PS pad to emulate a CD32 joy). Be careful, since there is 4 versions of the hack, and only the latest one is right.

For the joystick: I don't own one. How is the shape of the contacts? Rubber ones? If so, clean it with iso alcohol and a wool.

Metallic contacts? Check if the failing ones are not brittle. You swap 'em for an old Atari contacts.

Micro-switches? Buy replacements and substitute the failing ones.

Also check the cable. Sometimes it breaks internally and start to fail. Simple solution: make a drawn of the colour wires, dessolder 'em from the joy, cut 5cm from the cable, peel the end of the wires and resolder 'em to the joy.