English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 26 December 2003, 11:33   #1
cebulba

BEWARE of AMIGA Dealer: centsible.com

Hey folks.

It may interest some of you my "business" with Centsible.com - An US dealer selling Commodore C64 and AMIGA stuff worlwide.

1) They are selling games stated as new - which are NOT new!
From my orders I have seen several games, being shrinked - but with shelfwear and missing items I can hardly say these are NOT NEW!
2) They are selling games stated as new - but in fair condition.
e.g. a game listed as "new" is stated new because of the shrinking. Referring to the condition - most games I received were bent, dented or totally impressed - but shrinked.
Maybe they were new - and not "re-shrinked" but their condition was not as stated!
3) Hopefully you don't have a complaint. But if they handle it like a jerk.
I have complaint these issues several times. I didn' t get any response until today and now filed a FRAUD report to paypal and my credit card company.
4) I have ordered over the last years more than 5-10 orders. With no one being satisfied. The worst case is you pay (in front) for an order - but the parcel you get is missing items.
5) With having the worsest customer support I have ever seen (despite the Ebay one) - it's impossible to get them on complaints. They are talking lies with having e-mail problems and more...
6) I know this store over years (you know years ago I ordered in "German Mark") - seems they ran out of business and a former member overtook the company - with not able to handle it - for sure!
7) It took them ages to get your parcel and order ready. I'm waiting more than half a year for a parcel. It seems they are abel to send bills/invoices within 4 times a week - but not able to reply to customer e-mails NOT complaints.

That's all - right now. This is long from finished yet...

I will contact my lawyer - with no idea on international rights but I won't let this issue go...

If you are American - you may use this store. But for international members I recommended to delete your bookmarks and tell people around the world of their business...

Just for info...

merry christmas.
Olli K.
Old 06 January 2004, 19:59   #2
Peanutuk

I have dealings in the past and I agree that they are a compelte waste of time.

Extremely rude in their emails once they have your money. Whoever runs it deserves a good beating
Old 06 January 2004, 20:19   #3
jmmijo

I've heard similar instances from others about them as well however I've not dealt with them even back in the day when CBM was still around.

I've mainly dealt with Software Hut in PA (USA), they've always treated me fairly and with courtesy ove the years
Old 07 January 2004, 05:38   #4
Amiga1992

Software Hut better be gentle to you since they overcharge so much the prices :P

And centsible are indeed a waste of time. Avoid like the plague
Old 07 January 2004, 06:06   #5
jmmijo

That maybe but for us yanks it's really the only game in town
Old 07 January 2004, 06:53   #6
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:
Originally posted by jmmijo
That maybe but for us yanks it's really the only game in town
Even more so with your $ de-valueing so much recently.
Old 07 January 2004, 07:42   #7
Unknown_K

Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
I find every dealer on the net has crazy ass prices for obsolete hardware platforms. Ever see those companies that want 1980's list price for used parts for maintaining old machines?

Your better of with EBAY and from some people in the newsgroups for anything vintage. Yes prices for some equipment on EBAY is sky high, but if you wait long enough others come out alot cheaper.

Software hut is for the die hards still using that 1990 machine as their only rig and have no idea that current computers and parts have droped like a rock in the last 14 years. take a $5 scsi drive and say its for an amiga and you get $50 for it from people too lazy/stupid to google the type of drive they need for their machine. I understand that if your using a highly updated A2000 as your only machine and that processor card takes a shit you need a fast replacement you WILL pay alot for it. But 99.99% of us here use a PC/Mac everyday and can wait to find a decently priced replacement (or just buy a new machine if its cheaper).

How many people really buy their hardware and software from these ass rapers anyway? I see them as having a dusty warehouse and 2 employees waiting for a diehard to have a breakdown so they can sell you that $400 part they got for $1.99 at liquidation in stacks of 100's.
Old 07 January 2004, 07:55   #8
jmmijo

The last items I purchased from Software Hut was the Catweasel board and that floppy board that allows you to connect a standard PC drive up to your Amiga and use it to boot from as the DF0: drive

The last time I purchased software from them was Directory Opus back in 92 I believe. Now I'm looking to get the KS3.1 kit for both my A500's.

As for ebay, I just as soon pay higher prices then deal with all the crooks hawking their no good wares there
Old 07 January 2004, 08:03   #9
Unknown_K

I havnt been burned yet from anybody on EBAY. The only thing I purchased from a guy on the newsgroups that was flacky was the scsi-2 addon which was thrown in with the brand new still shrinkwrapped 68030/50 board (paid way below ebay value even without the scsi option). Its funny because I usually get at least 1 box a week for the last year or 2 for my collection.

There are auctions that look fishy, badly described, or just plain incorrect in a number of areas that i would avoid.

Have you been burned Jmmijo on ebay?
Old 07 January 2004, 09:28   #10
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown_K

Have you been burned Jmmijo on ebay?
Yeah so I just plain don't bother anymore, I've now filtered all the junk email crap from ebay and their loathsome affiliates to my shitcan
Old 07 January 2004, 16:22   #11
Amiga1992

My eBay experience is a pleasant one. I have only been "scammed" once, and it was not a complete scam. I found shitloads of friendly, great users who were very friendly, helpful, and sold stuff for decent prices.

So I keep using it. That is, if I have money :P Haven't bought a thing on ebay for AGES.
Old 08 January 2004, 03:26   #12
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
My eBay experience is a pleasant one. I have only been "scammed" once, and it was not a complete scam. I found shitloads of friendly, great users who were very friendly, helpful, and sold stuff for decent prices.

So I keep using it. That is, if I have money :P Haven't bought a thing on ebay for AGES.
Basically, as it goes, Ebay is great if your able to spot the people with $$$ ambitions from the people who are just looking for a few bux for something thats taking space.

Take this for example....
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....&category=3544

Thats ALOT of space thats taking up, if it wasnt going to cost me in the region of AU$165ish in freight alone, I would snap it in an instant... its an ABSOLUTE BARGAIN. Unfortunately, I have got that much to my name to pay for shippage.
Old 25 January 2004, 05:27   #13
maxmouse

Smile

I do a lot of bussiness with Software Hut
they are great! Great email and friendly service. As for centsible.com BUYER BEWARE!

Old 05 February 2004, 11:20   #14
cebulba

Quote:
Originally posted by maxmouse
I As for centsible.com BUYER BEWARE!
I have now contacted the local police department....and got some additional information about the "NEW OWNER"...

we'll see...

As for Ebay: Nice platform. Meet friendly people there. Good trades/sells/buys. Only ripped two times within 4 years...

Good if you don't have a complaint or "problems" - as the Ebay Customer Support is the worsest I have ever seen...only interested in making profits.
Old 05 February 2004, 11:34   #15
Unknown_K

So what did you find out about Centsible?
Old 16 February 2004, 11:05   #16
cebulba

Update

Hey ho folks, fellows, buddies

I have aquired more Information on Centsible.com:

Having big financial problems it seems that the new owner is not able to take on Centsible. Referring to other AMIGA websites and newsgroups (anyone knowing amiga globaldialog?) - other friends from USA, too - he even asks for donations on his financial situation
He is a complete liar.

I recommended that NOBODY pays him in front on ordering at centsible.com - not donates any funds.
It seems to me that he is completly unable to handle this!
nor seems to be able to answer any of my e-mails.

I have filed several FRAUD complaints on paypal and in addition at the FBI (!). I recommended and appreciate if anybody does the same WHO HAS BEEN RIPPED or FRAUDED by centsible in the past months.
My order has been paid in late October - in front. Until today I have never received anything nor a refund - a response to my complaint either.
To file a FRAUD claim use paypal.com or refer to International Internet Fraud FBI .
Today I have received an information from paypal that Seller's account has been "blocked" hence to further investigations on this...

Also it would be helpful if anybody can provide additional information on this to me.

I'm not cheating here. This guy owes me money and I have several prooves on this...

regards,
Olli K.
Old 18 February 2004, 17:54   #17
cebulba

update

hello folks.

This is a long way from finished yet and it's making me headaches...

I'm follow up on several user groups and threads...

ANY user interested in this topic look at this:
AMIGA.org - posts dealing with Centsible

or this one:

second post on Centsible - Seems they stole dollars even on Ebay

Once again I recommended that ANYONE tells this worldwide.
Theres is even a Thread at the German Forum - Amiga-news.de

AWARE of The Seller ! AWARE of the STORE!

Once again I would like to ask anybody for support and for claiming FRAUDS - to get refunds to all frauded members of the community and to get someone (and we know who) into jail!

regards,
Olli K.
Old 18 February 2004, 18:09   #18
Unknown_K

The poor guy took a loan out to buy the centsible inventory and now doesnt have the cash to keep it going (my guess). While I hate to see a buisines die like this I do find it amusing that a company with a history of liquidating other Commodore resellers wants donations so his inventory doesnt get purchased for pennies on the dollar and resold by another liquidator. I say the best thing that could happen for us collectors is this guy gets baught out and the inventory gets flogged on ebay at lower prices for the next few years. I dont think anybody would landfill the inventory, especially since I assume the loan for his busines was probably using the inventory for colateral (unless he used his car/home.. not too smart).

Would be interesting to see what his amiga inventory looks like, I only have a C64 catalog and thats a few years old (purchased a C128 80 column video cable with round plug to my 1084 Commodre monitor from them without a problem).
Old 19 February 2004, 08:22   #19
Toaks

i havent had a single problem with centsible.com , but its now 2 years since i bought from them, but when i bought from em in the past i bought like 10 to 50 games in a single batch , always was in great condition and always shrinked , but then again i always paid extra for postage to make sure everything was packed PROPERLY!

i live in norway so postage normally costed like 20 usd to 60 usd depending on how much i ordered...

i have heard that many people is complaining over the shop theese days and so on, seems the new managment is really bad! but i must say , the old service where great!
Old 15 June 2004, 11:53   #20
cebulba

Update: Still Beware!

hey ho...

update on CENTSIBLE.com:

Talked to former owner on the telephone couple of weeks ago. Seems that new owner still owes him the money for overtaking the company.
His bad financial situation can also be seen at HIS OWN post at amigaglobaldialog: GLOBALDIALOG newsgroup

In addition to that while ordering several games at a famous (and very good store) down under that store's owner told me he was ripped by Mr. Griffin,too. He ordererd a couple of accelerator cards but only got "a cheap one" (ordered some with 64MB RAM but got a card only fitting 4 MB Ram). Never got a refund nor an E-mail / telephone reply.

I RECOMMENDED again to spread this along the AMIGA community: BEWARE OF CENTSIBLE!
This shop owes me money and games and more.
They are complete liars

and it's still not finished yet.

anybody more information?

I want again to admit that all persons/companies being FRAUDED claim a complaint at the FBI internet complaint fraud center.
See link in earlier posts by me.

I'm a honourable member in the AMIGA community (although I'm not a 1000+ poster here) and I have no intention to leave negative feedback where there is no cause....

regards,
Olli K.
from Germany