English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 14 April 2024, 21:59   #1
Tony Gunk

WinUAE Compact Flash Issues

Hello again,

I'm trying to format and setup a 4GB compact flash card to work as a hard drive for my upgraded Amiga 500 using WinUAE and I'm having some problems. So everywhere I have looked has told me what I need to do in order to mount the cf card as a hard drive, but when I attempt to boot into Classic workbench GAAE, the version I intend on having in my A500, it tells me I'm missing a system.zip file in DH0 and it won't allow me to boot to workbench.

What am I doing wrong here? It seems like a relatively simple process so I'm not sure what's going on. Any help with this is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 15 April 2024, 08:44   #2
thomas

Do not insert the Real_Amiga_Install.ADF. That's to finish the installation on your real Amiga, not for WinUAE.

Just follow the instructions: http://classicwb.abime.net/classicwe...tionsgreen.htm
Old 15 April 2024, 16:11   #3
Tony Gunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Do not insert the Real_Amiga_Install.ADF. That's to finish the installation on your real Amiga, not for WinUAE.

Just follow the instructions: http://classicwb.abime.net/classicwe...tionsgreen.htm
So to clarify, all I need to do is mount a workbench 2.1 adf to get it to work while also being able to mount the cf card and partition it?
Old 15 April 2024, 16:16   #4
cloverskull

The basic process would be to forget about the CF card and do the steps listed under "Instructions". Once you've done all that and have things working, /then/ you'll change the WinUAE config to include the CF card as an additional drive. Boot into ClassicWB with the CF card attached as well this time. Once you are booted, format the CF card, and then copy everything from ClassicWB into the CF card.
Old 15 April 2024, 22:39   #5
Tony Gunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverskull View Post
The basic process would be to forget about the CF card and do the steps listed under "Instructions". Once you've done all that and have things working, /then/ you'll change the WinUAE config to include the CF card as an additional drive. Boot into ClassicWB with the CF card attached as well this time. Once you are booted, format the CF card, and then copy everything from ClassicWB into the CF card.
So I should get everything working on WinUAE according to the instructions, save that configuration, then reload it with the CF card attached and format it? Sorry if I sound redundant, I barely started trying to figure this out and learn how to use WinUAE.
Old 15 April 2024, 22:54   #6
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

If you're partitioning/formatting CF cards in WinUAE don't forget you must set the MAX_TRANSFER to the correct value if you want it to work with a real Amiga IDE interface.