English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL data problems

Old 24 May 2010, 01:35   #1
formater

Hugo (spanish version)

Found a spanish version of Hugo, is a 5 disk version with Train & Plane leves. Both text and voices in spanish. Used in a old TV show in Spain.
Old 24 May 2010, 02:02   #2
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

so... if you have it... share it please

pretty sure someone was asking for it in the chatroom once

Last edited by Hungry Horace; 24 May 2010 at 02:44.
Old 24 May 2010, 10:44   #3
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Like I said in the other thread : Please confirm which Hugo game it is (seems like there at least two) and I'll add the Spanish language info
Old 24 May 2010, 20:40   #4
mai

Hugo - På Nye Eventyr

Spanish language added to:
http://hol.abime.net/754

This game is a little bit confusing.
It seems the game has been released with different number of disks and levels in different countries.
Also it seems, year of release in the single countries is different.

Last edited by mai; 24 May 2010 at 23:30.
Old 26 May 2010, 00:28   #5
formater

New information
The TV program began in August 1992, from the computer program I found references in magazine Micromania nº 55 from december 1992, distributor are PROEIN

Last edited by formater; 26 May 2010 at 07:37.
Old 26 May 2010, 02:49   #6
gulliver
BoingBagged

When I was a teenager, in Argentina, there was a TV show where you could call, and if chosen, were allowed to play Hugo (in spanish). The telephone keys were used as a keypad, and your performance was displayed on this TV show. At the end of the show, the hostess gave a reward to the top score player of the day. Phone calls to that specific number had a special additional cost, depending on duration.

So I can confirm Hugo was also in spanish language.
Old 26 May 2010, 02:57   #7
frikilokooo

This game was as hidden as The Akira's tetris.It has fortunately come to the lightMany thanks formater!
Old 26 May 2010, 05:02   #8
Amiga1992

Are you certain this version was the same we had in Argentina?? I recall Hugo having a more local accent here. Then again when I saw Hugo (in the MAGIC KIDS tv signal) it was not run on the Amiga anymore (mid to late 90s)

I am not sure an Amiga version of Hugo ever appeared on argentine TV.
Old 26 May 2010, 05:20   #9
gulliver
BoingBagged

You are partially right. Hugo in Argentina, at the very begining of that TV show had a spanish with Spain accent and was certainly in an Amiga (I remeber they had a Guru on national TV once, hence it was an Amiga ).

Soon afterwards, the show became more popular, and the time and days it was displayed, changed for better ones. The show became widely known, and that is when they used an argentinian accent and noticeably new hardware for that game show.

Then the show moved to cable channels and at last, it dissapeared in obscurity...
Old 26 May 2010, 17:29   #10
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
You are partially right. Hugo in Argentina, at the very begining of that TV show had a spanish with Spain accent and was certainly in an Amiga (I remeber they had a Guru on national TV once, hence it was an Amiga ).
I do not remember Hugo ever being in national air TV, I only remember it in the private cable signal Magic Kids.
What was the name of the show? Are you totally sure?

(OT: Do you remember waaaay before this, they used to play through a touchtone phone with some Atari games I believe, or maybe it was Commodore, in some show on Canal 7 or Canal 13. They played Basketball, Ski, and others. It never worked right )
Old 26 May 2010, 20:39   #11
gulliver
BoingBagged

Well, in the begining the original owners of the Hugo show, hired one national TV channel signal before they started transmitting (in the morning). So it was seen nationwide, but not as an official channel TV show. I cant remember the hostess name

What I remember way before that, is this tv host, Raul Portales, with a show, when I was a very young boy, where between other things, kids would go to compete on games for Coleco Vision and some 8 bit Atari. And as usual, the top scorer of the day would get a nice gift. The entire game performance was displayed on TV, fullscreen.