English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 14 January 2021, 19:33   #1
Crom

Vampire 4 Standalone Mass Produced units in stock and ready to ship

Hi folks,
Happy New Year!
A quick note from Apollo TEAM that the Vampire 4 Standalone Plus Pack is in stock and ready to ship 3 days from order placement via UPS Express from Germany.
All outstanding orders have been shipped and we have a new batch in and ready to go.
visit www.apollo-computer.com to order.

Check out this sales sheet for details and product configuration photos.
https://imgur.com/B0iF41B

Last edited by Crom; 14 January 2021 at 19:43.
Old 15 January 2021, 09:07   #2
Valken

I just had a look at this... Ah VERY COOL but its the same price as an XBOX X, PS5 without controllers!

Good points:

Pipelined FPU!
AMMX instructions!

The above two would be GREAT for QUAKE engine games as that was Pentium Pipeline FPU optimized.

8x 16-bit sound! x68000 killer right there if it can emulate the legendary Yamaha 2151!

USB - is this 2.0 or 3.x?
Ethernet - 10 or 100 Mbit?

SAGA with RTG - what are the display modes supported? It's not on the poster!
Any tile or pixel engine? I suspect so if it supports chunky graphics.
Old 15 January 2021, 11:01   #3
grond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valken View Post
I just had a look at this... Ah VERY COOL but its the same price as an XBOX X, PS5 without controllers!
Well, manufacturing quantities are a tad smaller than XBOX and PS, hence, the prices are higher.

Quote:
USB - is this 2.0 or 3.x?
This is not full USB but a USB connector that takes mice, keyboards and game pads and makes them appear as Amiga mice, keyboards and joysticks. Since all these device are slow devices, it doesn't matter what physical transfer speed the port supports. This is not for mass storage media etc.

Quote:
Ethernet - 10 or 100 Mbit?
100 MBit/s.

Quote:
SAGA with RTG - what are the display modes supported? It's not on the poster!
Depending on the core up to 1920x1080 in 24 Hz. The bottle neck really is the physical output, not the DMA speed. Recent dev cores use one fixed physical output mode and scale all Amiga and RTG modes into that one physical mode so that you can change the resolution on-screen and instantly switch between Amiga and RTG modes, no monitor synching. Of course, this means that the number of available resolutions is limited to a meaningful subset. This is due to the intended unification of AGA and RTG to become SAGA. The idea is to have chunky screens provided through the same mechanisms as traditional Amiga screen modes which means that e.g. copper effects are available on chunky screens, hardware scrolling in chunky screens, sprites on chunky screens, mixing planar and chunky modes on the same physical output etc. This requires to drop some of the options that traditional RTG provided.
Old 15 January 2021, 21:55   #4
kipper2k

the price for those interested is $919 Cad

Last edited by kipper2k; 16 January 2021 at 23:10.
Old 15 January 2021, 23:55   #5
flype

@kipper2k
I own myself a pi400 and love the concept. The machine is very nice and powerful (relative to price). I also tried longly Pimiga, among others. But, sorry to say, i dont think it s a reason you always jump on vampire threads with only goal to discredit it and promote each time another product (was same with terriblefire, then pi stuff, etc...). I think it is quite hijacking method. However yes V4 price is not something that anybody can buy for sure (myself i could not). Package contains though lots of ready to go items, v4+, dedicated case, cf adapter, cf preinstalled, power charger, usb joypad, kb, mouse, mousepad, and little other goodies. Also as i can compare the 2 machines, for now, let me tell that uae arm is more compatible than v4 aga for now (some wip work on the go), but feels much slower, out of jit. Playing 50fps games on both, the feeling is much better on v4.
Old 16 January 2021, 00:19   #6
kipper2k

Hi Flype, no discrediting, telling the price and showing options. Other people do that
Old 16 January 2021, 01:07   #7
Crom

Hi Kipper yes a dumpster dive PC trounces everything out there when it comes to emulation...I have Pi4, Rpi3, Mister, Vampire Accelerators, and V4 and like the V4 especially with my flip top 3d printed case for core easy flashing.

Apollo Team must be doing more things right than wrong cos they are selling at that price and the accelerators are still going. Either folks are purchasing two or three each or there are more Amiga folks out there than I thought, or we're all nuts for purchasing al this kit when a dumpster dive PC or laptop with emulation is pretty neat.
Old 16 January 2021, 01:13   #8
kipper2k

Hi Crom, If people want to buy one then it is their choice, There is also the Pistorm project that i think Flype helps out with that is also a great option. Open source too, mabbe people should look at that too.
Old 16 January 2021, 01:27   #9
flype

Yeah but i mean each product his own thread(s) else it s always slippering to off topic.
I would personally never hijack a Warp1260 thread (for example) to tell a Pi is cheaper (which is just obvious and not necessarily same public). Ha well, anyway...
Old 16 January 2021, 09:24   #10
TuKo
Apollo Team

Brian, it is getting tiring seeing you hijacking **every** Vampire threads promoting what you think to be Vampire competition under pretext of "showing user options" when we all know it is just your personal vendetta.

Last edited by TuKo; 16 January 2021 at 09:30.
Old 16 January 2021, 11:21   #11
ExiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
Hi Flype, no discrediting, telling the price and showing options. Other people do that

Just showing other options by you is complete bullshit.

If someone visits this forum, they will find a lot of information, but it is not necessary to look for other options in thread titled Vampire 4 Standalone...
Old 16 January 2021, 11:38   #12
manossg

It is great that we have so many awesome Amiga options in 2021 and we are truly spoilt for choice.

But I feel it is bad form when a couple of (otherwise great) guys systematically hunt down every Vampire thread trying to throw mud around. You don't see this thing happening in threads for other products.

Back on topic, this is great news!
Old 16 January 2021, 18:35   #13
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I completely agree with flype, Tuko, ExiE, manossg... please kipper, stop doing so.
Old 16 January 2021, 20:16   #14
Crom

One thing is certain the Vampire range has moved on from the few hundreds in sales to the few thousands in sales, this makes it a significant part of the Amiga landscape. Folks are getting Vampires and lots of other solutions out there and not always picking one over another. Pretty Amazing.
Old 16 January 2021, 20:57   #15
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
I completely agree with flype, Tuko, ExiE, manossg... please kipper, stop doing so.
I quoted the price and options to make people aware of other options. I have not been disrespectful. As i said, if you want to buy, buy it
Old 16 January 2021, 22:50   #16
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Hmmm, kipper2k, I guess the other mods and me could discuss whether or not what the others accuse you of could be a case of "Persistently trolling specific users and/or projects"
http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=eab...aq_eab_account

But I'd prefer finding another option. Perhaps start your own dedicated thread with alternatives to the Vampire that you could update/fill at will (by editing the initial post).
Old 16 January 2021, 23:11   #17
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
Hmmm, kipper2k, I guess the other mods and me could discuss whether or not what the others accuse you of could be a case of "Persistently trolling specific users and/or projects"
http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=eab...aq_eab_account

But I'd prefer finding another option. Perhaps start your own dedicated thread with alternatives to the Vampire that you could update/fill at will (by editing the initial post).

Initial post modified to let people know the cost of $919 Cad and alternative deleted
Old 17 January 2021, 15:58   #18
kamelito
Zone Friend

Any FPGA should be around 300€ not 600€ this is not viable in this day and age. To me it seems that the Vampire is becoming like a PC, a fast cpu and a frame buffer to push pixels, it is not the Amiga way is it?
Old 17 January 2021, 16:19   #19
tolkien
AmigaMan

Im a big fan of the vampire efford but a thing is true. The Vampire was born to be an affordable thing and now is a fast and full-feature but really a bit overpriced machine.
Well...perhaps is my point of view. Who knows?