English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 27 July 2002, 02:44   #1
Korodny
Zone Friend

Cracking crew "Trouble in Digital"

I'm not familiar with illegal Amiga crews that were active in the last few years, but I guess some of you are. I'd like to know if a crew called "Trouble in Digital" really exists and if they are active and/or somewhat "respected". The name makes me think these are some turkish teenagers bragging on IRC trying to sound leet - but you never know.
Old 27 July 2002, 06:19   #2
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Thumbs down Trouble in Digital = Lamers!

Well I've done a quick search on google, only one match and that's a comment to say that this new group is pure evil.

A search through TOSEC for releases yields - nothing.

I don't think there's any need to waste any more time searching, these lamers are simply all talk. Go and abuse them in comfort, they get no respect from me!

Even Eric Cartman wouldn't "respect their authorit-a!"
Old 27 July 2002, 13:08   #3
Korodny
Zone Friend

Re: Trouble in Digital = Lamers!

Quote:
Well I've done a quick search on google, only one match and that's a comment to say that this new group is pure evil.
Yeah, I found this comment yesterday, after posting on EAB. That comment pretty much says it all, doesn't it? ;D

Quote:
A search through TOSEC for releases yields - nothing.
I don't think that's a reliable indicator. Many groups established after the demise of disk based copy protection schemes and got quite "good" at "CD-ripping" and "de-serialising". I doubt that Digital Corruption ever broke a disk based protection scheme, but they're quite famous nevertheless.

Quote:
I don't think there's any need to waste any more time searching, these lamers are simply all talk. Go and abuse them in comfort, they get no respect from me!
Thanks for your help! I'm not about to abuse them though, I just need to know if the OS4 dev team has a "hole". They're claiming to have a working beta of OS4 (which is highly unlikely, but possible). If their claim is valid, we need to close that hole. Chasing wannabe heroes is much to time consuming.

Quote:
Even Eric Cartman wouldn't "respect their authorit-a!"

Old 27 July 2002, 14:52   #4
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Who?

I have never heard of an Amiga cracking group going by that name cracking disk based protection schemes.

Maybe they existed afterwards, doing CD Rips, I suspect they exist in their minds only!

Sounds like a bunch of wannabe's! Only Fifteen years too late!
Old 28 July 2002, 00:41   #5
Mick_AKA
crusader of light

Sadly there are lots of these lame kids around, I had some guy on yahoo bragging to me that he worked for commodore in 1988 but his yahoo profile said he was 15! when confronted with this he dissapeared from the chat room without a trace.
Sad really.
Old 28 July 2002, 04:44   #6
Amiga1992

Those are the best, the ones who are easily exposed. Stupid kids.
Old 06 August 2002, 23:12   #7
CPC464

Send a message via ICQ to CPC464 Send a message via AIM to CPC464
Every 15 year old near enough seems to boast about cracking this or hacking that....

I agree most of them are 15 years too late