English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 09 November 2021, 13:58   #1
xraynorm

Retropassion

Hi.

Has anyone had any issues contacting Retropassion (www.retropassion.co.uk). I have an order of OS 3.2 that I never received. I have sent many emails but no response. There are lots on nice things on their website, but I am reluctant order anything else due to the current issue.
Old 09 November 2021, 14:17   #2
freehand

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraynorm View Post
Hi.

Has anyone had any issues contacting Retropassion (www.retropassion.co.uk). I have an order of OS 3.2 that I never received. I have sent many emails but no response. There are lots on nice things on their website, but I am reluctant order anything else due to the current issue.
If you never received your fist item then I would not consider ordering another until previous item is received.

Which I know is stating the obvious
Old 09 November 2021, 14:30   #3
S0ulA55a551n

I have always found comms with retro passion to be less than desirable
Old 09 November 2021, 15:47   #4
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
It's a problem that seems to happen with most of the Amiga resellers, guess they need to employ an admin to answer their correspondence if they're too busy, what I used to suggest for a other company was just to pick up the phone and give them a call, not sure if Retropassion have this method of contact, guess you could also try social media or if you get nowhere just raise a case in PayPal you soon get a reply.
Old 09 November 2021, 16:18   #5
stevelord

Steve is active both here and the /r/amiga subreddit. You could also try sending a message on the retropassion facebook page if you haven't already. I'm sure he'll respond here now there's a thread, if not maybe try posting on the /r/amiga subreddit. I think it's just him on his own, so he could be limited in how much time per day he can spend on support enquiries. By which I mean it may take him a while to get round to you if he's exceptionally busy.
Old 09 November 2021, 20:29   #6
stairmand

So I decided to send my A4000 to him for recapping instead of Amiga-Kit back in July and only received it back last week. That's a near 4 MONTHS to turn it around. During that time several emails asking how it was going went unanswered and I felt like I needed to constantly chase it up.

After checking it out the work seems OK. Would I use again? Unfortunately no.

Taking 4 months and not replying to emails is simply not acceptable.
Old 09 November 2021, 21:00   #7
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stairmand View Post
So I decided to send my A4000 to him for recapping instead of Amiga-Kit back in July and only received it back last week. That's a near 4 MONTHS to turn it around. During that time several emails asking how it was going went unanswered and I felt like I needed to constantly chase it up.

Yeah! The self proclaimed saviour of the Amiga Scene and the Royal we ain’t the best as his followers and fan club make out

I’ve already had a rant about this guy after using him in the past and having someone else’s A4000 Mainboard and Daughterboard arrive at my address by mistake
Feel free to look for this in this forum. Unfortunately I was warned off by one of the moderators on here, so wasn’t allowed to defend myself from his comments about his replies to my comments on the posts without being banned
Old 09 November 2021, 21:31   #8
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Hi.

Hello!

What was your order number? Message me via EAB :-)

Thanks!
Old 09 November 2021, 21:45   #9
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpor View Post
Yeah! The self proclaimed saviour of the Amiga Scene and the Royal we ain’t the best as his followers and fan club make out

I’ve already had a rant about this guy after using him in the past and having someone else’s A4000 Mainboard and Daughterboard arrive at my address by mistake
Feel free to look for this in this forum. Unfortunately I was warned off by one of the moderators on here, so wasn’t allowed to defend myself from his comments about his replies to my comments on the posts without being banned
3 things:

1 - "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"
2 - A1200 sold on Ebay
3 - Specsavers

Pm me if you unsure what I'm talking about...
Old 09 November 2021, 22:06   #10
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:

Sorry for the delay and as we mentioned we were a person down throughout August (unplanned) and had a stack of repairs to complete that arrived before yours also it was the summer holidays.

We received your A4000 (one of the best we have seen for a long time) mid/late July, final payment from you was on the 16th October as we had an audio issue to fix which we found and advised you off. Shipped out 8 working days later so around two and a half/three months. Your machine had the works done to it, motherboard recap, PSU recap, Picasso recap, audio repair including strip down and rebuild and full testing :-)

It does take time to do a good job and glad you can see the work we have done :-)

We have some exciting things coming out for the A4000 :-)
Old 09 November 2021, 22:09   #11
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelord View Post
Steve is active both here and the /r/amiga subreddit. You could also try sending a message on the retropassion facebook page if you haven't already. I'm sure he'll respond here now there's a thread, if not maybe try posting on the /r/amiga subreddit. I think it's just him on his own, so he could be limited in how much time per day he can spend on support enquiries. By which I mean it may take him a while to get round to you if he's exceptionally busy.
Thank you, there is 1 full time and 2 part time, we get a lot of messages through all channels, we have gone way beyond telephone and fax lol And yes it is crazy, no one can say the Amiga is dead!!!
Old 10 November 2021, 09:38   #12
xraynorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaPassion View Post
Hello!

What was your order number? Message me via EAB :-)

Thanks!

Thanks PM sent
Old 10 November 2021, 14:37   #13
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
3 things:

1 - "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"
2 - A1200 sold on Ebay
3 - Specsavers

Pm me if you unsure what I'm talking about...
1 - DITTO!

2 - Private seller, Private sale to possibly one of your Devoted followers/Fans who couldn’t be bothered to read the description or examine the photos properly. So very suspect for you got involved there? So it was possibly a setup, as you tried it on with another A1200 I was selling with a painted black case where you tried to buy cheap to resell, so blocked you.

3 - See point 2. As the buyer messaged me in a complete rant where he accused me of x, y and z. It wasn’t a question but a way he felt he was in the right for NOT reading my listing and seeing the photos. Therefore the spec savers comment. Oh and did I mention it was a private sale? Not a reseller like you who doesn’t like being called out for his (their) mistakes to his devoted fan club/ devoted followers
Oh and that Amiga actually got to its actual address and on time. Looking at your EBay feedback it doesn’t look good for your sales to your buyers

Last edited by Jpor; 10 November 2021 at 19:01.
Old 10 November 2021, 14:41   #14
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Thanks PM sent
Glad you got it sorted out. Lesson learned me thinks.

If you want anything being sorted out for recapping and repairs done in a timely fashion and with updates, then feel free to PM me as I use a proper professional for my recapping needs and repairs
Old 10 November 2021, 14:55   #15
clebin

Quote:
So I decided to send my A4000 to him for recapping instead of Amiga-Kit back in July and only received it back last week. That's a near 4 MONTHS to turn it around.
AmigaKit had my A4000 for over 3 years, so think yourself lucky...
Old 10 November 2021, 18:11   #16
stevelord

Quote:
Originally Posted by clebin View Post

What? How? There wouldn't be a building brick left standing if that happened to me!
Old 10 November 2021, 18:58   #17
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clebin View Post
Holy Shit! At least you live in the same area as there company. I’m surprised you didn’t visit in person and try and break down the door to get it back.
Old 11 November 2021, 12:52   #18
slaapliedje

I sent a PM as well, since I'd ordered an A500+ motherboard from him months ago. On 8/29. Just wanted some tracking information to see where it's stuck.
Old 11 November 2021, 22:50   #19
stairmand

Quote:
It does take time to do a good job and glad you can see the work we have done :-)
Absolutely, I agree 100%. However communication and managing expectations goes a long way. If I was told at the beginning roughly how long it would be and received some updates along the way... I was never in a particular hurry, I just never knew what was going on.

The quality of the work is great, customer service needs improving.
Old 11 November 2021, 22:54   #20
slaapliedje

Quote:
Absolutely, I agree 100%. However communication and managing expectations goes a long way. If I was told at the beginning roughly how long it would be and received some updates along the way... I was never in a particular hurry, I just never knew what was going on.

The quality of the work is great, customer service needs improving.
Agreed. I am literally just asking for a tracking number or estimated ship time. Even if it was 'next month' I'd know it was being worked on and not forgotten/lost in customs.