English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 11 July 2003, 12:19   #1
FromWithin
Music lord

Who wants a stack of originals?

I already had a bunch of original Amiga disks, then about 6 years ago, when a friend moved house, they gave me two boxes full of their Amiga games. Then about two years ago someone else sold their Amiga and gave me all of their original, so I have tons of Amiga disks.

The question is.....

Who wants them?
Old 11 July 2003, 12:29   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

How much?
Old 11 July 2003, 12:29   #3
fiath

Well I am sure they would make a great addition to C.A.P.S. if you are willing...

I work in London, so I could possibly even pick them up.
Old 11 July 2003, 12:55   #4
FromWithin
Music lord

Quote:
Originally posted by CodyJarrett
How much?
For zero earth pounds and zero earth pence.

Quote:
Originally posted by fiath
Well I am sure they would make a great addition to C.A.P.S. if you are willing...

I work in London, so I could possibly even pick them up.
There are boxes for a fair few of them, but the majority are just disks. Do you just want the boxed ones or the whole lot?

I was hoping someone could WHDLoad them.
Old 11 July 2003, 13:23   #5
fiath

Nice!

We would take the lot if possible.

About WHDLoad. You can make WHDLoad installs from CAPS images as a base in exactly the same way as a real disk (since they are the same) apart from the fact that you would have to use WinUAE rather than a real Amiga.

But if you would rather the disks go to a WHDLoad person, I am quite happy to use rawread myslef or whatever on them for the WHDLoad guys, or even send them on if necessary (after I dump them for CAPS obviously. )
Old 11 July 2003, 19:49   #6
FromWithin
Music lord

Quote:
Originally posted by fiath
Nice!

We would take the lot if possible.

But if you would rather the disks go to a WHDLoad person, I am quite happy to use rawread myslef or whatever on them for the WHDLoad guys, or even send them on if necessary (after I dump them for CAPS obviously. )
I just want to have some of them be playable again. WHDLoad seems the best way. Having them in CAPS is obviously good. I noticed that you will now release games with box scans and stuff, meaning that they could be WHDLoaded more quickly. "Debut" is the main one I want doing, but it needs to be CAPS'ed because of the manual and help sheets and stuff you get with it. I promised to shovel it over to Galahad, but if you can pass it on once it has been scanned then that would be..mighty fine.

If you can pick them up, mssr fiath that would be ideal. Bear in mind that there are a fair few of them, so a car would be necessary.

I'll be back in London next week (probably Wednesday).
Old 11 July 2003, 20:47   #7
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Big grin Re: Who wants a stack of originals?

Quote:
Originally posted by FromWithin
I already had a bunch of original Amiga disks, then about 6 years ago, when a friend moved house, they gave me two boxes full of their Amiga games. Then about two years ago someone else sold their Amiga and gave me all of their original, so I have tons of Amiga disks.

The question is.....

Who wants them?
My question is.....

Could you make a list of them so that one can get some insight what precious gems might be amongst them?

BTW: I won't take this stuff, for since you're wanting to give them away for free (I was nearly falling off my chair, dude, that is! ), it's better to ship them from UK to UK than paying expensive postage into a foreign country.
So have no fear anybody that you could get another rival
Old 11 July 2003, 21:39   #8
haynor666
retro maniac

Yes, list of this games will be good. I'm also looking for some WHDLoad installs from originals.
Old 12 July 2003, 02:26   #9
FromWithin
Music lord

Got a load of them today. There are still a few more lurking around which I will find tomorrow, and the following is only the games with disks and boxes. I've still got a huge stack of disks with no boxes to go through.

1869 (Flair)
4D Sports Boxing (Mindscape)
Atomino (Psygnosis)
Alien Breed 3D (Team17/Ocean)
Axel's Magic Hammer (Kixx)
Alpha Waves (Infogrames)
Back To The Future II (Imageworks)
Bill's Tomato Game (Psygnosis) x 2
Battle Isle (Ubisoft)
Brian The Lion (Psygnosis)
Bionic Commando (Kixx)
Big Business (Magic Bytes)
BlitzBasic2 (Acid Software)
Bloodnet - A Cyberpunk Gothic (Gametek)
Beneath A Steel Sky (Virgin/Revolution)
Caeser Deluxe (Impressions)
Celtic Legends (Ubisoft)
Civilization (Microprose)
CyberconIII (Kixx XL)
Detroit (Impressions)
Dreamweb (Empire Interactive)
Dr.Plummet's House Of Flux (MicroIllusions)
Dark Castle (Mirrorsoft)
Debut (Pandora)
East vs West Berlin 1948 (Rainbow Arts)
Exile (Audiogenic)
Excellent Card Games (Tower Software)
Frontier (Gametek)
Future Classics (Live Studios)
G-Loc (US Gold)
Globdule (Psygnosis)
Guardian (Acid Software)
Gloom (Black Magic)
High Seas Trader (Impressions)
Ishar - Legend Of The Fortress (Silmarils)
J.U.G. (Microdeal)
Jumping Jackson (Infogrames)
K240 (Gremlin)
Karting Grand Prix (Anco)
Kikstart 2 (Mastertronic)
King's Quest III (Sierra)
L.E.D. Storm (Kixx)
Loom (Lucasfilm Games)
Lords Of The Realm (Impressions)
Logical (Rainbow Arts)
Maniac Mansion (Lucasfilm Games)
MegaLoMania (Imageworks)
Mindfighter (Abstract Concepts)
Mindbender (Gremlin)
Monster Pack vol 2 (Beast 2 / Killing Game Show / Awesome) (Psygnosis)
Mugician (Thalamus)
Murders In Venice (Cobrasoft)
Murders In Space (Infogrames)
Oh No! More Lemmings (Psygnosis)
Operation Neptune (Smash)
Pinball Illusions (21st Century)
Photon Paint (MicroIllusions)
Plan 9 From Outer Space (Gremlin)
Prime Mover (Psygnosis)
Prospector in the mazes of Xor (Logotron)
Puzznic (Ocean)
Sleepwalker (Ocean)
Suspicious Cargo (Gremlin)
Super Tetris (Spectrum Holobyte)
The Classic Lotus Trilogy CD32 (Gremlin)
The Clue (Neo)
The Killing Grounds 2 (Team17/Ocean)
The Labyrinth Of Time CD32 (Electronic Arts)
The Pawn (Rainbird)
The Patrician (Ascon)
The Speris Legacy (Team17/Ocean) x 2
Theme Park (Electronic Arts)
Theatre Of Death (Psygnosis)
Turrican (Rainbow Arts)
Turrican II (Rainbow Arts)
Vital Light (Millennium) x 2
Virtual Karting (OTM)
Virtual Worlds (Driller / Castle Master / Total Eclipse / The Crypt) (Domark)
Voyages Of Discovery (Black Legend)
Wizkid (Sensible Software/Ocean)
Wiz'n'Liz (Psygnosis) x 2
Worms (Team17/Ocean)
Wishbringer (Infocom/Mastertronic)
Xtreme Racing (Black Magic/Siltunna)
X-It (Psygnosis)
Zak McKraken (KixxXL)

More tomorrow.
Old 12 July 2003, 08:00   #10
haynor666
retro maniac

:hoo This list is quite long and there are not all games. Can You make whdload installs for them and put into the zone, please?
Old 12 July 2003, 12:52   #11
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:
Originally posted by haynor
:hoo This list is quite long and there are not all games. Can You make whdload installs for them and put into the zone, please?
You never give up do you.... I believe you got a few of these requests deleted previously.
Old 12 July 2003, 13:32   #12
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally posted by FromWithin
[B]Got a load of them today. There are still a few more lurking around which I will find tomorrow, and the following is only the games with disks and boxes. I've still got a huge stack of disks with no boxes to go through.
Thanks for the list!
There are indeed some rarities in-between.

I think some boxes should really be scanned for HOL, but first of all, one should make a list with missing HOL scans.
(/me maybe, a bit later)
Old 14 July 2003, 02:37   #13
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by andreas
Thanks for the list!
There are indeed some rarities in-between.

I think some boxes should really be scanned for HOL, but first of all, one should make a list with missing HOL scans.
(/me maybe, a bit later)
Yeah, *GASP!*

I suspect if Fiath picks them up, they'll be scanned for CAPS, which makes them available for HOL (as CAPS is not elitist about their scans). The best plan of action is for them to go to Fiath/CAPS, then Galahad/WHDload, then whomever. With this course, everyone will end up with these gems.
Old 14 July 2003, 02:41   #14
FromWithin
Music lord

For any interested parties, there maybe one or two still lurking, but I've got most of the disks now. These will all be going to fiath soon, so hopefully they will be CAPS'ed.

Extra boxed games I found:
Arcade Pool, Pinball Prelude, Knights Of The Crystallion, Anarchy, Quasar, Big Red Adventure (CD), Nemac IV (CD).

Disks with no boxes (but manuals for about 40 of them):
3-D Soccer (Simulmondo), 4D Sports Boxing (Mindscape), 4th & Inches (Accolade), Air Bucks (Impressions), A-Train (Artdink), A-10 Tank Killer (Dynamix), A-Train Construction Set (Artdink), A320 Airbus (Thalion), Battlehawks 1942 (Lucasfilm Games), Blue Angels (Accolade), Brataccas (Psygnosis), Castles (Interplay / Electronic Arts), Civilization (Microprose), Conflict: Europe (PSS), Cricket Captain (D&H Games), Cricket (Soundware International), Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Trainer 2.0 (Electronic Arts), Championship Manager (Domark), Covert Action (Microprose), Crystal Of Arborea Demo (Palace), Championship Cricket (Crysys), Division One 92 (?), Deep Space (Psygnosis), Daily Double Horse Racing (CDS Software), Days Of Thunder (Mindscape), European Superleague Soccer (CDS Software), European Football Champ (Domark), Football Tactician Prelier League (Talking Birds), F/A-18 Interceptor (Electronic Arts), Football Masters (ESP Software), Final Whistle (Anco), Fooball Tactician (Talking Birds), Formula One Grand Prix (Microprose), F-15 Strike Eagle II (Microprose), First Division Manager (Codemasters), Footballer Of The Year 2 (Gremlin), Football Crazy (ESP Software), Flight Simulator II (Sublogic), Fast Break (Accolade), Gunship2000 (Microprose), Grand Prix Circuit (Accolade), Guardian (Acid Software), Gazza's International Soccer (Empire), GridIron!, Harpoon (Mirrorsoft), Hard Drivin' II Driver Harder (Domark), Hired Guns (Psygnosis), Historyline 1914-1918 (Blue byte), Hunter (Activision), Hostages (Infogrames), Ishido (Accolade), International Soccer Challenge (Micro Style), Italy 1990 (U.S. Gold), Jack Nicklaus Unlimited Golf & Course Design (Accolade), Jahangir Khan Squash (Krisalis), John Madden American Football (Electronic Arts), Knights Of The Sky (Microprose), Kick Off 2 (Anco), Kick Off 2 + World Cup 90 (Anco), Kikstart II (Mastertronic), Kenny Dalglish Soccer Manager (Cognito), Kick Off 2 Giants Of Europe Data Disk (Anco), Lost Patrol (Ocean), Little Puff (Codemasters), Lombard RAC Rally (Mandarin / Red Rat), Lemmings (Psygnosis), Logical (Rainbow Arts), Manchester United (Krisalis), Mig-29 Fulcrum (Domark), Monday Night Football (Data East), Mayday Squad (Tynesoft), Mean 18 Program & Famouse Courses 1 (Accolade), Manchester United Europe (Krisalis), Manchester United (Krisalis), Murder! (U.S. Gold), Nick Faldo's Championship Golf (Grandslam), No Greater Glory (SSI), On The Ball World Cup Edition Boot (Ascon), On The Ball (League Edition) (Ascon), Panza Kick Boxing (Futura), Populous II (Bullfrog), PGA Tour Golf (Electronic Arts), Purple Saturn Day (Ere Informatique), Premier Manager 2 (Gremlin), Profession Football Simulation 3.0 (MicroSearch), Puggsy (Psygnosis), Puzznic (Ocean), Player Manager (Anco), Premier Manager 3 (Gremlin), Premier Soccer (The Midnight Oil), RBI Baseball 2 (Tengen), Rugby Coach (D&H Games), Return To Europe (Anco), Rugby The World Cup (Domark), Ringside (EAS Software), Railroad Tycoon (Microprose), Sword Of Sodan (Discovery Software), Sensible Soccer (Sensible Software / Renegade), Super Cars 2 (Gremlin), Skweek (U.S. Gold), Super Skweek (Loriciel), Speedball 2 (Mirrorsoft), Shadow Of The Beast II, Silent Service II (Microprose), Subbuteo (Goliath Games / Electronic Zoo), Shockwave (Digital Magic), Superleague Soccer (Impressions), Striker Manager (Ball Games), Sherman M4 (Loriciel), Tower-FRA (Thalion), Treble Champions (Challenge Software), The Manager (Software 2000 / U.S. Gold), TV Sports Boxing (Mindscape), TV Sports Football (Mirrorsoft), Their Finest Hour (Lucasarts), Toyota Celica GT Rally (Gremlin), Tactical Manager (Black Legend), Tracksuit Manager 1990-91 Season (Electronic Zoo), Thunderhawk (Core Design), Team Yankee (Empire Software), Turrican (Rainbow Arts), TV Sports Basketball (Cinemaware / Mirrorsoft), The Settlers (Blue byte), The Speris Legacy (Team17 / Ocean), TV Sports Baseball (Cinemaware / Mirrorsoft), UNS II (Rainbird), Ultimate Golf (Gremlin), Utpoia (Gremlin), Wayne Gretzky Hockey (Bethesda Softworks), Wrestling Masters (ESP Software), Winter Olympiad 88 (Tynesoft), World Series One Day International Cricket, Winning Tactics (Anco), World Class Rubgy (Audiogenic), Walker Demo (Psygnosis), Wolfpack (Mirrorsoft / Novalogic), World Cricket (Zeppelin Games), Wings (Mirrorsoft), Zarathrusta (Hewson), Zool Demo (Gremlin Graphics), 688 Attack Sub

About 6 of them have got disks missing, but they'll be around somewhere.
Old 14 July 2003, 04:59   #15
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Holy cow! It's raining Amiga disks! Gonna be quite the storm at the CAPS secret imaging cave...
Old 14 July 2003, 11:28   #16
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Deep Space / Psygnosis

Hmmm.... must be a rare one!

Well, I'm quite happy for Fiath to get the lot, on the proviso that I then get the games that are not supported by WHDLoad, and then Fiath can have the lot back, does this sound fair? Everyone gets what they want, everyones happy.
Old 14 July 2003, 11:53   #17
IFW

I think Fiath already said that he will image whichever needed for whdl to either an ipf or warp whichever is preferred by you.
In most cases you are better of with the ipf since you can fully trace them in winuae thus can extract disk keys from Copylock and others etc, without bothering too much about the tricks the game pulls to prevent that

...and prepare for a surprise, but I am not going to spoil it until it is "officially" posted.
Old 14 July 2003, 12:30   #18
fiath

Whatever is most convenient... I don't mind.

You might be interested in a little something (hopefully) tonight though as IFW implied.

Last edited by fiath; 14 July 2003 at 12:36.
Old 14 July 2003, 12:33   #19
IFW

I know someone who already found ipfs very convenient for whdl patching

...and yes Fiath is right about waiting a few hours with that
Old 14 July 2003, 14:02   #20
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Experience

is using a real Amiga for me. I am quite sure WinUAE in tandem with IPF files suits others, but I have a wealth of experience doing it this way, so I'll not worry. I have managed to break many a Copylocked game without needing the original to get the serial key

Magic Pockets was one such game that had Jeff and Ian flummoxed, and I cracked it without any idea of the serial key, which in itself was needed to properly crack the game. Sometimes a games worst aspect of copy protection is the 'brains' that implimented it in the first place

So what is the big secret then, PM me, I'm all intrigued now!