English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 02 February 2011, 19:51   #1
ral-clan

Hi,

Using WinUAE 2.2.0.

Trying to set up a Wacom ArtPad II serial port graphics tablet that works on a real Amiga and fine in Windows XP.

I know about "Gameports/Full Tablet Input Emulation" but for rather lengthy reasons I won't bore anyone with I'd like to get the tablet working "natively" through the serial port.

I'm using the WACOM tablet driver off of Aminet, which worked fine when using this Tablet on my real Amiga.

I have enabled the "I/O Ports/SerialPort/Commuications Port 1" in WinUAE, but the Wacom Driver tells me there it cannot detect the tablet.
I have tried checkmarking "shared", "RTS/CTS" and "DIRECT" and also "uaeserial.device" to no avail.

In Windows Sytem control panel I see that COM1 is set to the default bits per second rate of 9600 (don't know if I need to change this).

Can anyone offer suggestions as to why WinUAE cannot see the tablet, when both WIndows XP and a real Amiga can?

I just tried the popular driver "FormAldiHyd" and it also reports timeout errors when trying to communicate with the WACOM tablet, and then suggests that the tablet may not be connected.
The WACOM driver from Aminet also chokes when it tries to initialize the tablet.

I think that WinUAE can detect the the serial port, and is sending a message to the tablet to request model number and handshake, but the tablet is either not receiving the handshake or isn't able to communicate with the driver software. Hmmmm....I wonder what is going on.

Last edited by TCD; 02 February 2011 at 20:24. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use the edit function.