English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 07 June 2013, 19:59   #1
Angus
Amiga Games Database

UAE4Droid hard disk files and stuff

Hi guys, I recently downloaded the update to UAE4Droid and I'm pretty impressed with its ability to run the majority of games I've thrown at it. For my money, in case you're interested, Paradroid and Battle Isle work very well. One issue I've encountered is the new feature of being able to run hard disk files (.hdfs). I got my hands on a Workbench 3.0 .hdf and I can run that fine, although it seems UAE4Droid will not find .hdfs if I select the AGA chipset option - although I can use an A1200 rom for the rom option. What I get with the other hdfs is just a cli window and a ready prompt, and none of the cli commands I typed in were recognised. Any thoughts? Maybe I can make up my own hdfs - is that straightforward? Thanks for any advice.
Old 12 November 2013, 13:36   #2
spanner
none

I had this problem too,you have to have a hdf thats only 1GB in size and DO NOT partition it cos it don't support it yet,i hope it will soon,UAE4All is a lot better,you can change the display properties and resolution and you can see the text properly.

So use UAE4All it the better out of the 2.

I have Classic Workbench ADVSP working on UAE4All but when I click on System icon the amiga crashes and shows Guru Meditation...??

Last edited by spanner; 12 November 2013 at 13:46.