English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 07 August 2007, 15:38   #81
Marcuz

out of curiosity, update packs aside, do you have any new amiga project or you prefer to invest in real life?
Old 07 August 2007, 15:48   #82
Bloodwych

I'm a real life junkie at the moment.

You may have noticed, I haven't been visiting the EAB anywhere near as much as I used too.

That doesn't mean I've given up on the place, too many great people here, just going through a stage where other priorities are higher.
Old 15 August 2007, 02:06   #83
gulliver
BoingBagged

Thank you Bloodwych! I use Classic Advanced and its great in my amiga. I hope you could add tools such as Scala MM300/400/IC500, more emulators and Office productivity suits, FinalWriter is fine, but what about Turbocalc, Muibase, Homebank, Organiser?

Anyway, thank you again
Old 18 August 2007, 12:48   #84
Bloodwych

Hi gulliver, thanks for posting.

Many people mention extra programs to add, but to be honest it would just make the base install too big. I've included some essential programs only, then the end user can add the rest as the majority won't use their Amiga for such tasks.
Old 21 August 2007, 12:06   #85
Marcuz

sorted out the installation of the update pack... great! thank you Bloodwych!
Old 23 August 2007, 00:12   #86
sbeehre

Man im so impressed by Classic WB! i tried OS 3.9 on my A1200/030 50 with 32mb of RAM but its to slow... ive now switched to Classic WB and couldnt be happier.
Old 24 August 2007, 12:31   #87
Bloodwych

Hi marco! Glad you've got it sorted. Noticed you had an issue for a couple of minutes with using the wrong zip file. I've added a line to the Upgrade instructions to make it clear you need to use the "Update.zip" that's found inside the downloaded pack.

sbeehre, thanks for popping in and welcome to the EAB forum.
Old 06 December 2007, 15:54   #88
eilz

Some help for the xbox

I realise this is wrong thread, but does the Tribute Boot Disk for the Xbox still exist and if so where can I get it from, I really want to be able to run amiga classic from boot cd using the whdload games. thanks Eilz

Old 18 January 2008, 19:08   #89
extralife

Just wanted to say thx for the super cool ClassicWB, been using it for some time now and it has really made my ami time alot easier.
My 060 and me before you for such a great and easy setup.
Thx man
Old 16 February 2008, 00:29   #90
Firstbase

Thanks alot!

This was awesome man! I just downloaded this WBClassic pack, really good bro!!! I really look forward to the 3.9 pack!!!!

Old 30 March 2008, 00:02   #91
prart

Thank yu Bloodwych for your hard work! i`m using full version on my A1200 and it`s really AMAZING. I would like to see one thing added: CF via PCMCIA adapter support. right now i must install CFD pack (ftp://de.aminet.net/pub/aminet/disk/misc/cfd.lha) and Fat95 (ftp://de.aminet.net/pub/aminet/disk/misc/fat95.lha). could you include it in the package to work out-of-the-box?
Old 07 April 2008, 14:51   #92
Anemos
70X7

excellent Amiga system we thank a lot.
Old 07 April 2008, 21:08   #93
adonay
active amiga 1200 user

Send a message via MSN to adonay
I have meant to write here for some time now about how great i think classic wb is "sorry for the delay"... I used a sytem based around Os 3.9 and Warpos .. I was not happy couse my "WB modding was never that good" And my hacky wb setups with xx amount of patches was fairly unstable... I nearly gave up playing with a real amiga, used UAE and amikit. But it did not have the right retro feel to it .. Tried classic Wb and IMPRESSED Still use it almost every day.. I swapped my BPPC acc with my Apollo 060 and now i just enjoy to use amiga os again like i did years ago... Your pack saved my amiga experience ... Its not bloated or too much eye candy "it has the feel i want" .. I have upgraded it with P96 and Mediator software on my main amiga and love the functuality both on my "1200D AGA" and 1200T it gives me a package i could never find time to put together myself as well as the fastest most usable system i have ever had .. Thanks Bloodwych you have made something great here .. Also tried Amisys and such but they are not for me ..
Old 30 May 2008, 14:39   #94
Frog

Due to some reinstall, i just download the last ClassicWB package for WinUAE and i must say i've been surprised to get some fun using WinUAE+ClassicWB surfing on WWW... writing on AWeb atm you see...
It's a really nice "ready to use" package according to "Adonay" which give back the amiga feeling.

Thanks )
Old 30 May 2008, 15:07   #95
Bloodwych

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I really enjoy reading your experiences. Glad it's got the Amiga nostalgia flowing both in emulators and real machines!

prart, Ive never looked into supporting CF media directly; I'm aware it's very popular now so I may have a look next time around.

Frog, yeah that WinUAE pack works quite well for a little Classic nostalgia or a simple quick fix for new users. Obviously not as good from a technical standpoint as AIAB, Amikit or AmigaSYS, but if you just want to experience a Classic Workbench with the advantages of P96 it works quite well. Thanks for giving it a try.
Old 30 May 2008, 21:26   #96
Frog

well i think your package is nice for a "basic" or even "advanced" used. there's most of useful tool, it's easy to add some of them... and not as "eye candy" or should i say "window's like" as AmigaSYS or Amikit.

In fact it suit my need, my old workbench (for A1200+Blizzard IV+FPU) is a bit too "patched" to be safely used under WinUAE

Only thing that i could complain is that Scalos menu are only in english

... well also i prefer Virus Executor as it handle to directly download latest libs and it succesfully restored some infected files in the past !

Just question of taste, as i said in other manner, you've installed most of common and useful tool and it's easy to add/replace some of them with your favorite one !
It's as if you said, Deliplayer is better than Eagleplayer no... it's Hippoplayer... wrong it's AmiNetRadio... hmmm...

oh YES... i found something "horrible", perhaps it's my fault but i can't used RMB under AWeb under a link to open a new window !! No menu at all !

Last edited by Frog; 30 May 2008 at 21:31.
Old 30 May 2008, 22:01   #97
Bloodwych

Hmmm. I'm not sure about RMB and AWeb. Let's have a look....

There is an option under "Settings->GUI Settings" and you can enable the right mouse button popup menu there!

I'll try and remember to place that setting to on in the next packs.

EDIT: I was just thinking, it's probably disabled by default due to the number of MagicMenu users!

Last edited by Bloodwych; 30 May 2008 at 22:33.
Old 31 May 2008, 04:50   #98
Frog

Quote:
I was just thinking, it's probably disabled by default due to the number of MagicMenu users!
that's what i was thinking... i'll try to disable MagicMenu and MCP (do you think of some others patch that can disable RMB under AWEb ?) to see if it works.

Anyway that's sad that you can't put a decent browser as a registred IBrowse version... it dosn't seems to be supported anymore...
Old 31 May 2008, 11:07   #99
Bloodwych

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
that's what i was thinking... i'll try to disable MagicMenu and MCP (do you think of some others patch that can disable RMB under AWEb ?) to see if it works.
No need to disable MagicMenu! I've just tried and as long as you enable the right mouse button feature in the "Settings->GUI Settings" like mention in my last post, it over-rides MagicMenu.

MCP may cause problems, but I don't know as I've never had it installed.

Yeah you're right about the browser - I could have put in the unregistered version of iBrowse, but I didn't want unregistered software in the ClassicWB packs apart from WHDLoad. There are newer versions of AWeb available. I stuck to the last stable release.
Old 31 May 2008, 15:55   #100
Frog

Quote:
There is an option under "Settings->GUI Settings" and you can enable the right mouse button popup menu there!
Thanks, i'll try that... a bit strange they didn't enable it as defaut