English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 05 July 2020, 11:41   #1
geecab

Post Right mouse failure whilst playing warhead

Hi there!

I'm running fs-uae v2.2.3 on ubuntu 14.04 TLS. I really fancied getting my head around Warhead (MPH) recently, thought I'd see if I could complete a few missions as I never understood what I had to do back in the day.

Everything (The emulator and all the mouse & key controls) works perfectly for ages (I use the save/load state option to save my progress). After I die on one of the later missions and reload my last state, I've noticed my right mouse button no longer works. This is a bit of a problem because the RMB (Reverse thrust) is very important during combat. So, then I try and load a much older save state, but now has the same problem (Right mouse button doesn't work). In fact, once the right mouse button stops working for one of the save states, then all of the save states stop working the same. Completely stopping and starting the emulator doesn't help either.

I've completely restarted the mission campaign, using a different adf disk image, but it still eventually fails the same.

Its very strange. Anyone have any ideas what I could try to get around this?

Many thanks!

Old 05 July 2020, 19:17   #2
geecab

I've managed to workaround this. Loading my last FS-UAE save state, i was able to dock with Solbase without using reverse thrust (RMB). Whilst docked, I could access warhead's in-game Load/Save/Proceed screen (Pressing the Amiga 'help' key) and I saved my game that way. When restarted the emulator and loaded that save game, I'd got my reverse thrusters back
Old 06 July 2020, 23:41   #3
geecab

Just thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone i reading

Stuck on mission 19. I fly to Pluto and engage the Berzerker ship. I am meant to keep my distance, gun down missiles fired at me, and shoot all my missiles at the enemy. In the end I just can't tell which missiles are mine, and which are from the enemy. The view of the battle becomes crowded and confusing. I end up either getting hit, or gunning down my own missiles (Thus Failing the mission, and the berzerker ship destroys earth on the follownig mission).

Can anyone help?
Old 07 July 2020, 00:15   #4
aeberbach

Is that the mission where you have to make it follow you, and you warp to the system with the black hole to destroy it? Excellent game!
Old 07 July 2020, 10:41   #5
geecab

Hi there!

Unfortunately not. I'm stuck on mission 19. The one where you lead the Berzerker ship into the black hole is mission 23.

This is the mission guide I've been following:-

http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/docs.php?id=1748