English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 08 July 2023, 13:20   #1
krashd
I, bum.

Exclamation Can't set fullscreen aspect ratio to 4:3

I can't get fullscreen to display 4:3 aspect ratio, it always stretches the output to fill the screen.

https://fs-uae.net/video-options
https://fs-uae.net/docs/options/keep-aspect

Both of the above pages suggest adding a 'keep_aspect' variable to the advanced options but it doesn't work.

'keep_aspect = 1' and 'keep_aspect = 0' do not register as known variables (FS-UAE has them greyed out, and FS-UAE deletes them as soon as I exit)

'keep-aspect = 1' and 'keep-aspect = 0' do register as recognised variables but regardless of whether I have this variable set to '1' or '0' fullscreen still stretches the output to fill the screen.

Can you shine any light on this, Frode?

Love you man!
Rob
Old 29 July 2023, 11:47   #2
arisamiga

Hello!

If I am not mistaken there should be a button in FS-UAE to change between 4:3 and fullscreen at the top right when you press F12

Old 29 July 2023, 15:42   #3
wiisoldier
Just loving the Amiga

@Krashd Do you want the aspect ratio changed during a game or when using workbench? Most games will set their own A/R. To change the ratio in workbench go to System/Prefs/Screenmode and choose something with a 4:3 ratio like 640 x 480. The links you have to the fs-uae pages don't seem to work for me either. The button shown by arisamiga doesn't work for me at all.
Old 01 August 2023, 02:27   #4
wiisoldier
Just loving the Amiga

Just a question to other members who try to help out when they can. Why do people ask questions and never bother to respond to the answers they are offered? I know I don't post much but when I do, I like to follow things up.

Hey ho...
Old 08 August 2023, 11:38   #5
krashd
I, bum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arisamiga View Post
Hello!

If I am not mistaken there should be a button in FS-UAE to change between 4:3 and fullscreen at the top right when you press F12

I want to stay in 4:3 at all times and change between windowed and fullscreen, but for some reason whenever I switch to fullscreen my 4:3 aspect ratio switches to something like 16:9. I want to find a way to keep the same aspect ratio whichever mode I use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiisoldier View Post
@Krashd Do you want the aspect ratio changed during a game or when using workbench? Most games will set their own A/R. To change the ratio in workbench go to System/Prefs/Screenmode and choose something with a 4:3 ratio like 640 x 480. The links you have to the fs-uae pages don't seem to work for me either. The button shown by arisamiga doesn't work for me at all.
As above, I want to have 4:3 at all times. Games can't change the A/R of your screen, they can only have different resolutions, on the Amiga if a game had a wider resolution than other games then your monitor would letterbox the picture a little with a black band under the game window but your screen would always be 4:3

As it is now every time I switch to fullscreen mode my perfectly 4:3 window gets stretched to the limits of my 16:9 screen and the picture gets mangled.

It's quite a big oversight for Frode to have overlooked in my opinion, he built an amazing cathedral but screwed up the door.
Old 08 August 2023, 14:16   #6
wiisoldier
Just loving the Amiga

In order to fully grasp what you are trying to achieve please give a little more information. What OS are you using, which version of FS-UAE and some screenshots of the problems would be helpful.

Let's wait another four weeks for the outcome.

Last edited by wiisoldier; 18 August 2023 at 02:19.