English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 25 January 2018, 19:40   #1
dannyp1

PeggyPlus Software

I was wondering if someone has the original disks 1 and 2 for the PeggyPlus board that they could upload to the Zone for me. I have never had the disk 2 which contains sample MPEGs to try and the disk 1 software that I got from Amiga Resource is giving me problems. I can't help but wonder if it is complete. I can't get the configure window to open to change settings. When I push the button to access it the player locks up. The German manual I downloaded clearly shows the configure window and explains it's use. I searched the net trying to find this software but the AR download was the only one I could find. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 25 January 2018, 21:05   #2
emufan

there is a 2 dms set on Installer heaven
Old 26 January 2018, 00:00   #3
dannyp1

I looked at the second link while searching and they aren't there. They are on the first link. I'm not quite sure how you got to that page? I will check these out tonight. I have hope because the disk 1 download is 11kb larger than the Amiga Resource file.
Old 26 January 2018, 00:07   #4
emufan

it's the "Email dump ...." link on the start page of installer's heaven
Old 01 February 2018, 00:46   #5
dannyp1

The first disk is the standard disk. The only difference between it and the AR version is that it includes an empty drawer which is missing on the AR download which is for putting MEG's into. This eliminates an error when first loading a file.

The second disk has the Scala files on it. It is not the demo disk.
Old 01 February 2018, 16:48   #6
emufan

the second disk has the EX modules, so you may use it from within scala.
but the question remains, still no access to the config?

in the past I had issues with some programs, running on the workbench,
when I was using non standard fonts, switching back to topaz, made it
open their window.

you may also run snoopdos - enabling Functions ... -> system/AmigaDos popups --> all.
may reveal something
Old 01 February 2018, 20:46   #7
dannyp1

I tried your suggestions emufan and still no configure. When I hit the button on the gui for configure the pointer turns into a clock and nothing happens. It is locked there and I end up having to reset the computer. If I move off the gui box I can get the pointer back but if I press in the gui area again it comes back. Snoopdos doesn't register that anything has happened.

I also haven't figured out how to shrink the box that the control panel is in. I see other people have just the control panel showing but Mine is in a window that extends from the top of the screen to the bottom. There is no gadget to shrink it.

It plays mpeg files with sound but obviously something is wrong that I can't configure it.
Old 01 February 2018, 22:48   #8
emufan

I did some test in winuae, I can fake the card by entering the hardware IDs
but it refuse to open anything, just a requester, cannot open peggympeg.device :/

I have 3 different peggympeg.devices, zoned: peggympeg-device.lha
maybe one you dont have already.
Old 03 February 2018, 00:49   #9
dannyp1

I tried the 2 peggympeg.device's that I didn't have and it made no difference

Am I wrong to assume that there maybe should be a configuration file that gets loaded when I press the configuration button? I see no such file on the disk. When I load the MPEGPlayer an icon appears in env that is called Peggy.prefs. It is only an icon with no file with it. And there are no tooltypes in the icon.

I added some tooltypes to the MPEGPlayer icon that snoopdos seems to be saying are missing. It now loads with no fails according to snoopdos.

There is a new video (Dec) on YouTube showing the PeggyPlus working. I want to know how he got the control panel to look like he has it in a small window. I also don't know how he got the control panel on the same screen as the video.
Old 03 February 2018, 01:33   #10
emufan

hmm, I have no clue, but the user Cego is here on EAB, i think he is also on a1k

if he refuses to help, we will ban all the a1k folks
Old 03 February 2018, 22:41   #11
Cego

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
hmm, I have no clue, but the user Cego is here on EAB, i think he is also on a1k

if he refuses to help, we will ban all the a1k folks
ahahaha, nice one!

@dannyp1

what you described in the PM sounds pretty strange to me. There are some things to consider.

First of all, is this card 100% working? Did you test it somehow already?
Then you should be aware that PeggyPlus will only work in PAL or NTSC mode. So running the software on a non-15khz screen will cause problems.
Then you should also check if you got the jumpers right on the PeggyPlus board. Take a look at the manual for detailed info.
I got my Install Disk from Amiga Hardware Database (http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/peggyplus)

But my main guess regarding your issue is, that you have a messed up OS3.x installation. Try again with a clean OS3.1 install. Only basic OS installation with 68k libs (if needed) and the PeggyPlus software.

Theres also an alternative player on aminet called vpeg (http://aminet.net/gfx/show/vpeg.lha)
That one also worked without any problems.

Minimizing the player control window is done by right click.

I hope this will be a help for you. If you got any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

It would also help, if you made a video and upload it to YouTube!

Last edited by Cego; 03 February 2018 at 22:51.
Old 04 February 2018, 00:45   #12
dannyp1

Thank you for getting back with me. Yes the card works. I can watch MPEG's with it. I am using a Sony flatscreen that syncs down to 15khz. I am using a switchbox that chooses between my C64 card output and the PP output. So the gui is on the C64 screen. I hit play and change the switchbox and I've got my video.

I am using an A3000T with a WarpEngine 040. I only use SCSI in the computer and I use the WE's scsi. I am using OS3.9 with several updates. I had issues from the very beginning with the PP software. It would seem to load but nothing would show on the screen. I eventually set up a separate partition to load the OS from and started with a barebones 3.1 The software loaded and the PP worked. I then started going through 3.5, 3.5+bb1, 3.5+bb2, 3.9, 3.9+bb1, And it worked with all of them. When I went to a bare 3.9+bb2 it wouldn't load. Eventually I got it to load by changing the exec.library to a different version than bb2 installed.

Now I am trying to figure out why some of the things don't work.

Do you get the configuration set-up screen when you hit the configuration button? I don't.

When I hit the CD-ROM button I get an error message that it can't be found. Does yours work? If I hit the button to load a file it works and I can back through the screens to the drive screen and I can access the CD drive from it and it works fine and I can play MPEG's from a CD.

Thanks for your help. You have gotten me thinking of some other things to try.
Old 04 February 2018, 19:47   #13
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

(sorry if not really on topic) Interesting.. It has similar hardware as CD32 FMV module (same video and audio decoder chips). Probably has different IO addresses but I think it would be relatively easy to emulate.

It would be very pointless but on the other hand all the bits already exist..