English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 23 October 2022, 00:51   #21
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Theres a program on Aminet that lets you change ports. Never actually tried it yet though.
Failing that, you could use a cable extension.
Link?
Old 09 November 2022, 10:18   #22
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Besson View Post
Link?

https://aminet.net/package/util/time/ClockPort
Old 17 November 2022, 12:42   #23
tFt

Finally installed the unit in my A1200 with Apollo 1260/66Mhz.
The CPU sensor thing stopped working after a little while. How high temperature does it take before it breaks?
I kinda jammed it in between the heatsink ridges. The heatsink gets pretty hot, almost as hot as you can't touch it with your puny computer fingers that never saw a honest days work.

So what happened here? Bad sensor, need to buy a new one. Or did I rape and overheat it by stuffing it down the heatsink?

Extra question to the 060 experts out there, how hot is TOO HOT for a 060 to get? I have the rev.1 one, so I've heard its notorious to get hot, but I used it alot in the late 90ies without any problems....then however it was in a tower, and not 1200 case as it is now. Think it even had a fan back then.
Old 21 November 2022, 12:46   #24
tFt

Also the clock does not work, probably due to a conflict with the RTC (with now removed battery) on the Apollo. Any ideas how to bypass the Apollo RTC to use the Amigakit one instead?
Old 22 November 2022, 14:06   #25
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by tFt View Post
Also the clock does not work, probably due to a conflict with the RTC (with now removed battery) on the Apollo. Any ideas how to bypass the Apollo RTC to use the Amigakit one instead?

Remove the RTC from Apollo or atleast remove its power.
May work.
Old 13 January 2023, 03:20   #26
FastRobPlus

Just got this device from Amigakit and installed it onto my Amiga 600's A604n RAM expansion. Have not tested functionality yet, but I if I boot up without the optional Indivision ECS installed onto the 604n, the system boots, and if the Indivision is installed in the special denise-shape socket of the 604n, the system cannot boot with the Amigakit RTC/Sensor module installed. The system can boot with the Individual-brand clockport RTC installed. Would anyone have any clues why this is? It feels like the Indivision and this RTC expansion are clashing.
The 604n has two addition clockports on it - a generic "use this for clockport expansions" one and a "subway only" one. Should I try and source a clockport cable and try the Amigakit RTC on that generic additional clock port header?
Old 14 January 2023, 13:02   #27
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRobPlus View Post
Just got this device from Amigakit and installed it onto my Amiga 600's A604n RAM expansion. Have not tested functionality yet, but I if I boot up without the optional Indivision ECS installed onto the 604n, the system boots, and if the Indivision is installed in the special denise-shape socket of the 604n, the system cannot boot with the Amigakit RTC/Sensor module installed. The system can boot with the Individual-brand clockport RTC installed. Would anyone have any clues why this is? It feels like the Indivision and this RTC expansion are clashing.
The 604n has two addition clockports on it - a generic "use this for clockport expansions" one and a "subway only" one. Should I try and source a clockport cable and try the Amigakit RTC on that generic additional clock port header?
Maybe post this in the support section, also have you contacted AK and asked them?

:-)
Old 14 January 2023, 22:57   #28
FastRobPlus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroPassionUK View Post
Maybe post this in the support section, also have you contacted AK and asked them?

:-)
I'm mad at AmigaKit
Old 15 November 2023, 01:41   #29
AlfaRomeo
A1200 040 SAM440EP 667

Hi mates,

I buyed the rtc/temperature module but have no software for it someone know where I could download the software for AmigaKit temperature sensor, there is no link in their site.