Old 09 August 2009, 18:07   #1
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
F/S Spares/Repair Elbox 1200/8 68882FPU

Hi,

Selling this card as spares/repairs its an Elbox 1200/8 specs can be seen here:

http://www.amiga-hardware.com/showha...cgi?HARDID=996

The battery has leaked whilst in storage and there is some corrosion on the pcb I am 99.9% sure that the simm on this card is 8mb but it is showing as 2mb in workbench (tried 2 other simms also belived to be 8mb), this may be due to the corrosion near the memory settings jumpers. I belive this is what has caused my stability problems running whdload games.

The card also has 68882 FPU.

I have seen similar cards sold as untested/spares on ebay for some silly prices, but I am not out to decieve anyone. Hopefully one who has the knowledge to clean up the pcb and replace the battery will be able to nake good use of this card and pick up a baragin.

I will listen to offers circa £20 gbp.

Post at buyers cost or collection from Sevenoaks or Bromley Kent/UK

A pic below:

Thanks for looking,

Steve.
Old 09 August 2009, 21:27   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

Hi Steve,

I might be tempted if there are no other takers.
Old 10 August 2009, 00:08   #3
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Cool beans Peter, if you want it, its yours. I wanted to give the users of this forum first refusal. When I first posted I was going to sell all my kit, but the invaluble advice I have rec here has meant that I am keeping the A1200. I didnt even know classic wb and the pre installed whd images existed! Has brought back some fond memories playing these games!

I don't have the skill set to fix this so I will put the £20 towards the memory in the link you sent me.

I know if I put it on ebay for £20 'but it now', it'll be snapped up right away but I almost feel part of the comunity here already.

Steve.
Old 10 August 2009, 00:14   #4
prowler
Global Moderator

Thanks, Steve.

We'll arrange another rendezvous. Not sure when yet, but I'll let you know when I can make it...

PS. It's good to hear that you already feel right at home here on EAB.
Old 10 August 2009, 00:27   #5
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Thanks, Steve.

We'll arrange another rendezvous. Not sure when yet, but I'll let you know when I can make it...

PS. It's good to hear that you already feel right at home here on EAB.
I dont know if you have seen my posts in the classicw forum, I installed classic wb on an old 80gb laptop HD I took from our dead IBM and I am really pleased with it. Killergorilla has offered some great advice so I have nothing but praise for these forums.

Shame I killed my wb 3.1 install on my old amiga HD but thats all part of the learning curve. Means I cant use any of my WHD load games till I get a memory upgrade as I went with the full version and only have 700k free memory lol.

Was going to install lite on my old 85mb drive but windows wont detect it on my usb/ide converter so I am stuffed for now!

The full version took 5 hours to install on my real A1200 becuase I used a full 200mb image so I'll be damned if I am going to overwrite that!

Its back to the floppy's for now. Speaking of floppy's I must have some bad floppy's in the batch I kept becuase my A1200 drive stopped reading and I had to run a disk cleaner through it...

Steve.
Old 10 August 2009, 00:35   #6
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
Speaking of floppy's I must have some bad floppy's in the batch I kept becuase my A1200 drive stopped reading and I had to run a disk cleaner through it...
That means there's a fair chance I might resurrect the A500's floppy drive by giving the read/write heads a good clean. I like to use isopropyl alcohol and cotton buds to do the job when I can get the drive mechanism apart, and the Chinon FB-354 drive fitted to the A500 strips down very nicely.

I'll let you know how it goes.

I'll speak to you soon about picking up the Elbox card.
Old 10 August 2009, 00:38   #7
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
That means there's a fair chance I might resurrect the A500's floppy drive by giving the read/write heads a good clean. I like to use isopropyl alcohol and cotton buds to do the job when I can get the drive mechanism apart, and the Chinon FB-354 drive fitted to the A500 strips down very nicely.

I'll let you know how it goes.

I'll speak to you soon about picking up the Elbox card.
If you want to borrow my memorex cleaning kit you are welcome!

I can bring you the card one night after work and bring my cleaning kit for you to use.

You're only 6-8 miles from me.,

It'll cost you a beer though.
Old 10 August 2009, 00:57   #8
prowler
Global Moderator

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. I really would prefer to clean the heads with the drive stripped, though.

It should be possible to meet up sometime this week, but I have some travelling to do which could keep me out till late.

I'll let you know.
Old 10 August 2009, 01:01   #9
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. I really would prefer to clean the heads with the drive stripped, though.

It should be possible to meet up sometime this week, but I have some travelling to do which could keep me out till late.

I'll let you know.
No problem.

The offer stands to drop off if you want.

Steve.
Old 10 August 2009, 22:21   #10
prowler
Global Moderator

I should explain here that I did not intend to stand in anyone's way when I indicated that I might be tempted if there were no other takers.

If anyone else would like to make a bid for this item, then please go ahead. I shall be quite busy with work this week, which is why I expessed my interest in that way.

It surprised me when I was offered the item so quickly, and I was not thinking clearly. I may not be able to complete the transaction quite so soon.

Of course, if there are no other expressions of interest, then I shall go ahead.

I'm sorry if anyone was disappointed by my exchange with fitzsteve late last night. Let me repeat that I have no wish to exclude anyone else who may be interested from going for it.
Old 11 August 2009, 00:14   #11
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Sorry if you thought I was trying to rush you into a quick purchase.

Whoever wants to buy an item from me would of couse be given time to complete the transaction.

Steve.
Old 11 August 2009, 21:38   #12
prowler
Global Moderator

Rest assured that I have no complaint, Steve. I just don't want to appear to be snatching it away from someone else who might still want it in the meantime.
Old 13 August 2009, 21:59   #13
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Hi,

This is now Sold.

Thanks,

Steve.
Old 13 August 2009, 22:22   #14
prowler
Global Moderator

Thanks for the update, Steve.