English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

View Poll Results: Anyone else got this problem when using JIT?
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 January 2024, 14:41   #1
Michael Doma

Post BUG: Problems with CPU settings

Dear Toni,

I notice regularly that pressing F12 while in-emulation and returning with "OK" turns off JIT (clearly identifyable by huge performance loss) while JIT's checkbox remains checked. I need to do F12 -> uncheck JIT -> "Ok" -> F12 -> check JIT -> "Ok" in order to make JIT work again.

Also, CPU's "More compatible" checkbox is un-grayed as soon as JIT is checked, but it isn't grayed out again when JIT is unchecked. What is the correct behaviour for the "More compatible" option?

Regards,

Michael
Old 14 January 2024, 16:08   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Does "Error log"-button appear in GUI panel (bottom right, next to Ok button) after exiting and JIT getting disabled? If it appears, check what is says. It is possible your config is not really JIT compatible.
Old 14 January 2024, 18:51   #3
Michael Doma

I'll check next time.
But I need to point out that my report about the "more compatible" option is a seperate "bug" that happens in any case. Is turning off "more compatible" mode only allowed in JIT mode?
Old 21 February 2024, 14:33   #4
Michael Doma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Does "Error log"-button appear in GUI panel (bottom right, next to Ok button) after exiting and JIT getting disabled? If it appears, check what is says. It is possible your config is not really JIT compatible.
There is no error log button when this problem happens.
Old 21 February 2024, 19:42   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Then the next step is to run with log window open ("winuae.exe -log", run in windowed mode) and check if anything interesting appears in the log when JIT gets switched off.

EDIT: another test possibility: when you noticed JIT being off, save the config to another config file. Then load both in text editor and check for differences. JIT config entry should have changed but at least some other entry should have also changed. That hopefully is the one that was mysteriously changed, affecting JIT state.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 21 February 2024 at 20:39.
Old 21 February 2024, 20:17   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

What does that have to do with OP? OP didn't change any settings (You don't want to change CPU model on the fly!)

You probably had 24-bit addressing ticked (which is 68020 only option). It does not allow JIT at the same time.
Old 22 February 2024, 09:30   #7
derSammler

I did not change CPU model on the fly. All I reported is that the GUI is buggy when it comes to checking what CPU options relate to other options, causing situations in which you can no longer e.g. enable JIT. If that is off-topic, I have no idea what this topic is about.
Old 22 February 2024, 13:50   #8
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Do not delete post and then reply!

You said you changed from 68030 to 68020 and suddenly JIT was not available. Which is off-topic. (EDIT: I apologize if I remembered wrong. But still, don't delete posts)

If you want non-annoying replies: tell exactly what you did (EDIT: including config of starting point) because lots of things depend on lots of other things. -> works for me.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 22 February 2024 at 15:42.