English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

Old 21 February 2021, 11:38   #1
MickGyver

Blitz Basic 2 language support for Visual Studio Code

I created a Blitz Basic 2 language support extension for Visual Studio Code. It's still in early alpha state but try it out if you like! It has similar features as the Atom extension I made. If anybody want to contribute, I can give you permission to the github repository. I might also look into intellisense at some point.

Information how to install etc. can be found here.

Old 21 February 2021, 14:09   #2
tolkien
AmigaMan

Tried it this sunny sunday and it works as expected.
A bit laborious copying files in windows and Amiga side but thankfully you have to do only once.
Then I had to figure out that i have to share my vscode project drawer in the amiga side (wich is logical).
It is a good start.
Thanks mate.
Old 21 February 2021, 17:20   #3
LeCaravage

Old 21 February 2021, 18:08   #4
gurth

Nice. I had just had the Blitz Basic manual printed out and bound for me to start playing with it one evening.

Updated manual and installer was from here: http://ubb.plus
Old 31 August 2022, 18:45   #5
youen

And here it is the update for the plugin (we are now 2 contributors)

Hey! hey!

New step for the VSCode Blitz Basic 2 Extension ! We merge with MickGyver. (the extension and the code, not us)

So now only one up to date extension : https://marketplace.visualstudio.com...ga-blitzbasic2

(if you were on the youenchene.amiga-blitzbasic2-v2 you need to uninstall and install the old new one.)

To provide issue or feature request : https://github.com/MickGyver/vscode-...tzbasic/issues

For the release you have a big new feature : you can now **generate a bootable ADF from your projec**t, no external dependencies needed , just a packaging.json file for the setup.

Full documentation here : https://github.com/MickGyver/vscode-...main/README.md
Old 19 January 2023, 10:11   #6
carrion

Hi. First of all thanks for doing this VSC Extension - great job!
I have some issues though on my Fs-UAE Mac (M1) though. It works but I have to press Cmd+F6 twice to start compilation on FS-UAE. Is this known issue and do you know how to fix it? Maybe Serial port setup or params?

Also... The compilation time is a bit long. Not dramatic but there's some "waiting" after starting the Blitz2/Ted untill the compilation/run starts. So Is it also supposed to be like that?
TIA

BTW: On My PC and WinUAE I wasnt able to run it. And I used the same hdf file for WB system and BB2 setup. Strange.
Old 21 January 2023, 02:52   #7
LateBit

I'm currently just getting back into development on the Amiga and thinking about giving this a try. Perhaps the authors could create a YouTube video showing the setup? Doing so might head off a few questions before they're asked.
Old 21 January 2023, 17:30   #8
LateBit

Ha! case in point, I've just tried to get this to work and failed miserably. Any chance someone who has got this to work can make a YouTube video showing the process of setting this up? I thought I'd followed the instructions properly but there's a chance I have some setting that other people don't and that's scuppering things.
Old 22 January 2023, 11:33   #9
carrion

I thought that was also my case and I failed configuring it but then I realised I have to press Cmd+F6 twice to start compilation. But as I said on WinUAE it doesnt work for me at all and I use the same harddisk file that I use on my Mac.

For troubleshooting I used telnet and tried to telnet the 127.0.0.1 1234 adress. And again, it works on my Mac and not on Windows.

So now on my Mac I ahve it kind of working but more questions arise.
Like for example I have problems compiling when I include some other files in my main.bba file. It just doesnt include the files when they are saved as ASCII and not tokenized .bb2 files.
Old 06 March 2023, 02:26   #10
bwldrbst

I've found that to get it to work on Linux with FS-UAE I need to send an additional "return" to the serial port shell. I've been using AmiShell and just manually hitting return after triggering the build.
Old 22 March 2023, 08:10   #11
earok

I've been using this for the past little while after switching from the old Atom extension. Very cool, thanks for making this