English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 17 April 2021, 06:11   #1
snowpile79

ADoom remapping keys .adoomrc

I have a few doom versions on my 060 A4000. Attack doom, zdoom and adoom. For me in AGA Adoom runs the best. Has the highest frame rate. They key mapping just isnt good for me though. I read in the readme you can edit the .doomrc file to remap keys. It says to look in the userhints file for clues but if I search for keymap or doomrc nothing helpful is returned. I did fuss with the file and tried to assign run,strafe and shoot to key Z X and C by counting back from the current strafe left and right keys but no luck. Once I got the key just to the left of the enter key to be fire/shoot just by luck but that wasnt what I wanted and after that no more luck at all. Does anyone know what key numbers correspond to z x and c or maybe have a map of all the keyboard key to number assignments or possibly share your doomrc keymap?

Another issue I have is mouse sensitivity is maxed out but the mouse still is not very fast. Mouse is fine in zdoom and doom attack etc.. its a tank mouse. Same issue with my trackball in adoom.

Thanks
Old 17 April 2021, 14:12   #2
daxb

I don't know Adoom but maybe you can compare the key numbers from your DoomAttack .doomrc file. I guess that the numbers are equal.
Old 19 April 2021, 19:15   #3
snowpile79

Perfect advice. Doom attack has its setup program allowing you to assign any key you wish. I did so then looked at the doomrc file then modified adoom accordingly. Bam works like a charm. The zxc keys are above 100. Who would have guessed?
Old 20 April 2021, 04:11   #4
NovaCoder

If you have an 060 and AGA then the best Doom port will probably be my old port of BOOM.

http://aminet.net/package/game/shoot/BOOM

You can remape the keys in the game with BOOM.

Also worth checking out Chocolate DOOM and don't forget that ZDOOM was updated recently so might be quicker on your setup.

Oh and don't forget to try ODAMEX, very demanding but the most advanced 68k Doom port