English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 03 August 2001, 07:41   #1
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Knights of Legend

Hello my freind...I keel you.
Anyway, I have had it up to HERE (my hand is under my chin)
in my search for this game:

http://www.thelegacy.de/Museum/game.php3?game_id=4692

Does it exist? where's Cody when we need him??
I know it was released for the C 64. The Legacy mentions it, as well as a few mentions in old posts in forums. BTTR and Amiga Games overview, however fail to mention it.
Old 03 August 2001, 08:02   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I think we may have had a discussion on this game before on Shane Monroe's old site. If it's the game I'm thinking of, it was heavily debated whether it exists for the Amiga or not.

For some reason, I have it listed in my database, but I can't say as I have ever seen hide nor hair of the game itself, either in cracked form or original. Something spurned me to put it in my database, but it could have been an ad or a mention that it was being developed or in a catalog...I really don't remember.

All the info I have on the game is the name, the date (1990), publisher (Origin) and genre (RPG).
Old 03 August 2001, 08:18   #3
APFelon
Cable Buyer

Lookit this...

Backshot of the box. It looks like it was released for the Amiga, according to the small print. DAMN, I have a new mission in life!

http://www.mobygames.com/game/covers...7/gameId,1572/
Old 03 August 2001, 08:20   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Maybe this was the reason I added the game to my database. The back of the box for some version of the game (PC? C-64?) makes mention of several different platforms, Amiga included. It doesn't state that the game is available for these platforms, but I can't imagine why else those systems might be mentioned.

BTW: I tried several times to attach this file, but it's just too big. I reduced its size, but was then unreadable. So I just cropped out the bottom right corner of the back of the box.

<Ian>
Removed box scan during the great clean-up October 2001
</Ian>

Last edited by Ian; 12 October 2001 at 01:13.
Old 03 August 2001, 08:22   #5
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Hmmm..nice detective work, Quincy, but you "Forgot ooonnnee smaaall dee-tail" (As the legendary Jack Klugman would say it)
The cover says in small print that Apple II and IBM compatable are shown
Old 03 August 2001, 08:32   #6
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

@fredtgreat

Well, assuming you are referring to me and not APF (I'm sure I am the bigger fan of The Odd Couple), I certainly caught that. To see the whole box, it merely states that the three screens on the back of the box are from those tepid platforms.

But the fact remains that a cornucopia of remaining platforms are credited (for no apparent reason, perhaps). Just an indication.

Go back to Moby Games and look up "If It Moves, Shoot It!"...aw hell, just click here:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/gameId=556/

and they actually have an Amiga screenshot on the back of the box. But has anybody ever seen this ultra-sooper-dooper-rare game?
Old 14 August 2001, 07:17   #7
APFelon
Cable Buyer

Okay. This thread has risen from the grave with a discouraging update.

First off, I would like it to be known that I rail against beauracracy. After discussing ten year old games with phone answering drones who were playing Barbie when the games mentioned were released, my opinion still hasn't changed.

Electronic Arts frankly told me that Origin didn't exist anymore and asked me if they could forward me to a mailbox that gets checked 'on occasion'. I left my name and telephone number on a voicemail and told them I was a journalist for an Internet rag called, "Gaming PF" which covered computer gaming from it's origins (No pun intended) to today. If I actulally HAD held my breath for a return call, I'd be quite blue by now.

Talking to the Learning Company (current owner of Broderbund) was an exercise in frustration and dancing with the suicide demon. Asking for a game called "If It Moves, Shoot It" was not exactly a common one. The phone drone transferred me to sales who could only tell me about their current titles.

Damn. I overestimated my charisma.