English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 24 June 2008, 12:49   #1
Rashivanto

Amiga CNET BBS on E-UAE /Telnet - (Need Help with)

Had an account on here previously, but did not sign in enough, so was purged I guess... eh well, am here now... cannot forget my favorite computer

Anyway, I need some help with a project I am working on.

Years ago (over a decade), I was a sysop (among several others) on an Amiga BBS, running Cnet 3.05c. Had a very good, loyal user base... lots of fun Even though I love the internet, the old BBS's were something very nice... currently am building a website and one of the things I would like to do is set Cnet back up, so people can Telnet. In fact, already have it running through E-UAE on a Linux machine... the problem is Telnet. I think it would be nice to have a PHP or JAVA script, so people can Telnet right in from the website... so any advice as far as that goes would be helpful... but before I get to that point, I just need the basic Telnetting to work properly.

Am a bit rusty with my Amiga skills, but slowly, bits and pieces are resurfacing from the dusty far reaches of the back of my brain to the front... I'll probably need a bit of noob treatment here

E-UAE has Workbench 45.3 (OS 3.9) installed, with inet, using AWeb, working out of the box. I downloaded AmiTCP_tnserv.lha from Aminet... but really have no clue where to go from here...

If anyone can help guide me through this, I would be very grateful... for starters, if I can just Telnet into Cnet from another comp on my network, this would be good

Should note that although I used Telnet a bit here and there years ago to visit other sites, I have never operated a Telnet server, so know basically nothing about it...

BTW, my googling attempts don't get anywhere on this... too bad there's not more archived information about Cnet BBS on the net... thankful that EAB is here... so I am hopeful that someone will be able to help... Thanks in advance... with more to follow, I am hoping

Last edited by Rashivanto; 24 June 2008 at 14:44.

Old 10 July 2008, 18:37   #2
IRoN

BBS System running on Amiga ..

Hello Rashivanto...

I read your thread .. and iam Happy to see oldscool Sysops like me

Iam running a BBS system on a Amiga .. its possilbe and not a really problem .. on UAE the same ..

if you need help today ?? or is the problem no longer relevant ??

if you need help .. i can help you 100% !! i often installt cnet3.05 with telnet support ..

oK .. i wait of you

Greets ..

IRoN !

Old 11 July 2008, 00:48   #3
Rashivanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRoN View Post
Hello Rashivanto...

I read your thread .. and iam Happy to see oldscool Sysops like me

Iam running a BBS system on a Amiga .. its possilbe and not a really problem .. on UAE the same ..

if you need help today ?? or is the problem no longer relevant ??

if you need help .. i can help you 100% !! i often installt cnet3.05 with telnet support ..

oK .. i wait of you

Greets ..

IRoN !
Thanks for the reply... still relevant ....I have Cnet installed and connected to the inet with aweb using bsdsocket.library.... now, how to get to telnet into the BBS? What device do I need to use? Basically, start to finish, verbatim, would be most helpful

Old 11 July 2008, 06:08   #4
adolescent