English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 28 May 2011, 02:47   #1
lost_loven

internet network sharing

after reading a few (well alot) of threads.. Still abit stumped and looking for a good users guide or if I can get a step by step on setting up a connection sharing for internet.

I have a a3000 and it is:

1) serial networked to a xp machine using amiga explore .. works great
2) parallel networked to a win98 machine using ami2pc .. works great

I would like to set either or machine for internet use.. nothing intense of course and I know it will be slow but more or less for aminet and some basic amiga sites, chat etc. I believe the parallel set up would be better of course but serial would be fine too.. so whats the easiest and best way to do it? Please don't say go buy a network card cause money is a issue right now.

lost
Old 28 May 2011, 16:57   #2
mech

networking over serial etc

Its been eons since i did this, but back in the day i think i managed a PPP or slip over serial with miami/miamidx.its a bit complicated,as i think you have to make the pc work as a slip/ppp server or some such.you would probably have to use a null modem cable for the setup.

Grab the maimi archives off aminet archives and read the docs in them. i think it had some decent info on the serial setups.

It will be painfull slow.If you had a landline and modem it would be easier to dial into the net probabaly with a 33.6K or faster modem.you would use something like miami3.2B from aminet in that case.

mech
Old 29 May 2011, 19:58   #3
lost_loven

looking for the parallel device driver that i can use with miami dx . like a needle in a hay stack. I looked at aminet and didn't see any for parallel .. I think i am out of luck going that route.

lost