English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 04 December 2015, 23:05   #701
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
As mentioned above i've bunged together a quick blog page to post my covers in one place.
Once i get a few together ill add a zip file with them all in to save saving each image seperately.

http://cd32covers.blogspot.co.uk
Cheers looks great.

Interesting that you did one for Akira - I was pondering doing a "special edition" for that at some point, with CDXL HAM8 intro and gameplay tweaks. I happen to really like the Motorcycle stages but I agree with everyone that the platformer levels are awful, so I was tempted to see what I could do to make them less so.
Old 05 December 2015, 01:41   #702
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Do you fancy yourself as a Winner and like playing Amiga games? Then come and check out the Amiga World Cup that's being run through the English Amiga Board and Lemon Amiga site! To coincide with this challenge, Earok has released the ' It's a Knockout! 2015-2016 ' Amiga CD32 compilation pack, which features SWIV, Lotus III, SWOS 96-97, F1-GP and the Giana Sisters, so even CD32 owners have no excuse not to get involved!
http://www.indieretronews.com/2015/1...miga-cd32.html
Old 05 December 2015, 21:38   #703
SteveUK

Hi Amigajay
Really impressive artwork - will you be doing any rear cover work or disc images? where do you get your cover art source from?

Thanks
Steve
Old 05 December 2015, 22:03   #704
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveUK View Post
Hi Amigajay
Really impressive artwork - will you be doing any rear cover work or disc images? where do you get your cover art source from?

Thanks
Steve
Hi, thanks, i don't plan on doing any rear cover art or disc images as i have plans to redo alot of cover images first which will take a long time and i dont want to get bogged down, as you prob know the rear takes even longer than the front!

Ask me again this time next year!

As far as sources go just use, just mainly google images for the highest res and clean images i can and go from there.
Old 05 December 2015, 22:59   #705
jotd
This cat is no more

keyboard can be emulated by software and thus by joypad buttons, as Toni proved recently:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ate+keypresses
Old 05 December 2015, 23:42   #706
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
keyboard can be emulated by software and thus by joypad buttons, as Toni proved recently:

That's very exciting I presume this means it could be done generically? Say for instance in JST, WHDLoad or the like there could be an end user option to choose which CD32 joypad button maps to which keycode? If that was the case it'd be HUGE for CD32 conversions.
Old 06 December 2015, 12:03   #707
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post

Just another random couple of things.

Are you aware of Joy2key2 on aminet? It does keyboard to CD32 mapping, but only for multitasking games. I've only really had success on AMOS games, 4D Sports Driving, Dune II, Breathless and a couple of others. Just thought it might be useful to look at.

Another thing that would be useful for some games is mouse mapping. This is just a hypothetical example, but say if you wanted to do a port of "No Second Prize", you'd want to control the cursor with the joypad. The interesting thing is there's a trick in the CD32's ROM to enable mouse emulation when the CD label is set to "LEMMINGS_PLANETSIDE", and it works with a fair few games (Lemmings 2 and 3, Dreamweb, Dune amongst others), I wonder if that functionality could be triggered without needing the CD to have that label.
Old 06 December 2015, 23:07   #708
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittamituaki View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah,
Wow, wow, wow,

Earok!!!!
Thanks for your comments and example ADF for "Kingdoms of Steam",
I could manage to add "Joystick support" for my latest game,"Elves' Dreamland".
Of course, I also have to say "thank you" to the author of joy2key2.
Have you contacted him? Do we have to get permission from him each release?
He didn't mention it at readme file, so I can email him, however,
his site is already 404. Can you tell me about permision?
(IMO, there's no problem because it was aminet release...)
Yes, I didn't worry about chasing him down since the tool is freely available on Aminet. I generally credit him on the cd32 blog whenever I've used the tool.
Old 07 December 2015, 09:15   #709
illy5603

Send a message via MSN to illy5603
@Earok,

Just popping in to say that I am enjoying the heck out of these packs for my CD32! So far most of them load just fine, the only one I am having trouble with is the 160 games comp. Really looking forward to more!

Wish list... MOONSTONE
Old 07 December 2015, 09:56   #710
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by illy5603 View Post
@Earok,

Just popping in to say that I am enjoying the heck out of these packs for my CD32! So far most of them load just fine, the only one I am having trouble with is the 160 games comp. Really looking forward to more!

Wish list... MOONSTONE
Hey illy, been awhile.
Seems to be lots of love for the CD32 lately.
Hows the CD32 prototype doing, man that thing is cool.
Old 07 December 2015, 23:03   #711
Amigajay

Have updated the blog with a few images i worked on over the last couple of days.
Old 08 December 2015, 00:15   #712
other_reality

Putty squad and the rest new compilations are excellent. Really good job keeping cd32's alive.

I have a kinda stupid question though. I got an analogic floppy and will get an rgb scart cable for it. Analogic eats a tiny bit of ram, would this be a problem with some releases, plus, i know it disables the extra buttons, so if you have enhanced some games, will they also be playable like they were originally ? I do have a keyboard for the cd32 and want to play with the joystick.

( i guess i can plug the joypad only for the game selection,it would be cool though if it also worked with some keys as well)
Old 08 December 2015, 00:30   #713
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_reality View Post
i know it disables the extra buttons,
Are buttons disabled if the lowlevel.library is included on cd.
Old 08 December 2015, 02:35   #714
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_reality View Post
I got an analogic floppy and will get an rgb scart cable for it. Analogic eats a tiny bit of ram, would this be a problem with some releases, plus, i know it disables the extra buttons, so if you have enhanced some games, will they also be playable like they were originally ?
It seems like floppy interfaces create all sorts of problems. Putty Squad and Aladdin might not work as explained before on this thread.
Old 09 December 2015, 01:09   #715
nujack
Zone Friend

That's exactly my problem. I use a CD32FWSI-Extension with Floppy for RGB-output and Aladdin is not starting/working. PuttySquad you can play with that Extension but there are some colour changes in the background. I'm not sure of that can be fixed but it seems the developer has not such an extension.
Old 09 December 2015, 08:07   #716
illy5603

Send a message via MSN to illy5603
I am about starting to run into a few of these packs that do not work on my stock PAL CD32. I cannot get Slam Tilt Pinball or the 160 games pack to work. Burning from a 2010 iMac.
Old 09 December 2015, 21:39   #717
Kloks

Quote:
I am about starting to run into a few of these packs that do not work on my stock PAL CD32. I cannot get Slam Tilt Pinball or the 160 games pack to work. Burning from a 2010 iMac.
A year ago I tested the 160 games packl on my PAL CD32. It works perfectly, no problem. Are there any other inofficial games you tested, that works?
Old 10 December 2015, 03:18   #718
earok

Quote:
Almost without exception everything we post is tested on a real stock PAL CD32, that includes both Slam Tilt and the 160 game collection. We occasionally hear of certain AGA games having issues when the console's language is set to something other than English.

Are you able to confirm if both discs work in WinUAE, also where exactly does it (does it just boot to a black screen, or does it show a splash screen etc first?)

I can't speak for Mac but at least on Windows I need to switch burning software when a particular disc doesn't work (I use both ImgBurn and Burnaware Free)
Old 10 December 2015, 08:00   #719
spudje

I can confirm. Slam Tilt burnt with ImgBurn didn't work, burning with burnaware did.
Old 10 December 2015, 11:21   #720
Riempie
Amiga freak

I burned Slamtilt with ImgBurn, no problems..