I hope individual looks into this
Old 14 August 2015, 08:50   #342
roomeo

@Don_Adan

I applaud you.
Old 07 September 2015, 09:18   #343
roomeo

@jens.

Start acting like a MAN and tell us whats going on here!! Just because you get some fair critisism you dont go silent....
You are very active on other threads promoting your upcoming products, so your clearly have the time. Right now you are treating your customers like crap!

For what its worth.. Ive installed a FastlaneZ3 card which i know have z3 issues with the a3640, and it works flawless. I suspected this could also be the issue with RR in z3 mode, but it wasnt. Mine is a 3.1 version.

And last.. Since you (Jens) dont want any complaining on your promotion threads. Where do one create a support ticket? https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/en/support.html has not been up since... ever?

I dont know German law, but if this was in Norway you would have been violating customers rights. I really dont think its any different in Germany? (Selling a product with false information).
Old 07 September 2015, 09:40   #344
Schoenfeld
electricky.

That's not the level I will argue with you. If you don't like the product, please return it.

Jens
Old 07 September 2015, 10:05   #345
roomeo

And what level do you want to "argue" on?
This is the first time you have answered, so this is clearly what it takes.

And please tell me where i am wrong in my argumentation?

I dont want to return the product, i want a product that works as advertised.

Is it so hard to be honest to your long time customers.
Old 07 September 2015, 10:24   #346
ianoak

Jens - I have had these issues with the rapid road in my A4000 but am satisfied there is work in progress so eventually the product will function without Poseidon errors. You manufacture such excellent products for our ageing Amigas and I don't prescribe to a rant and rave approach just because something does not work and you are very fair in your approach that if not satisfied return the item. I intend to keep my rapid road for X Surf but would like as an interim to use it in an A1200/A600. Could you not , as a goodwill gesture, supply the extra bits to make this necessary?

Old 07 September 2015, 10:51   #347
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomeo View Post
And what level do you want to "argue" on?
Definitely not the personal level you're dragging it to. The "act like a man" part broke it.

It's also not the first time I answered. You failed to read the relevant posts: I did look into the issue, could not reproduce it and shelved it for the time being.

Jens
Old 07 September 2015, 10:58   #348
roomeo

Well... sorry for that one, but im pretty frustrated.

"I did look into the issue, could not reproduce it and shelved it for the time being."
This is the first time you inform us about it being "shelved". Thanks for the update.

I still think you should update the wiki and inform your resellers about this issue though.
Old 07 September 2015, 11:00   #349
Storm
SYS64738

Seriously people, cut Jens some slack. He's making some damn fine products for a computer system that been out of production for a long time. There will be teething problems and I'm sure Jens is working on them as long as such problems can be reproduced.
I have myself nearly gone bald, pulling my hair out trying to figure some problems out with my Amiga, but stick with it - it's part of the fun, when you finally get it working! Time and patience is required for these old gals
Old 07 September 2015, 11:06   #350
roomeo

I have products from jens in all my amigas, love his effort and products.
In this particular case the issue is undercommunicated to the possible buyers, thats my main concern.

I had to inform my reseller about this issue myself.
Old 07 September 2015, 12:56   #351
zharn

Feeling your pain
Old 07 September 2015, 16:22   #352
roomeo

@jens

How about an estimate.. do you think thats unfair to ask? You ignored this question before and others that has nicely asked about a status update.
Old 07 September 2015, 19:31   #353
roomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Seriously people, cut Jens some slack.
Dont you think 7+ months is giving a guy some slack?
There are plenty of people who has this issue. (Its a stock a4000 configuration). So reproducing it is just a matter of effort.

I have also offered to help with debugging, but Jens response is utter silence.
There are also people who has gone through the effort and disassembled the driver and found a bug. Whats jens response? Silence.

I have spend some time testing different configurations, libraries, and ethernet dongles and confirmed more issues with the driver. Posted it as a bugreport. Whats Jens respone: Silence. Not even a thank you.

So cutting him a slack? No way!
Old 07 September 2015, 19:39   #354
dirkies
Zone Friend

I propose you send it back and ask a refund, or a discount on future products. Or have the library open sourced so others can fix it. The community owes a lot to Jens and this situation is rather unfortunate, I feel your pain but Jens is a 1 man show so he cannot solve all issues in a timely manner. It does not help posting comments like this, this can happen, rma it and get a refund, buy it when it is fixed (which for sure will happen one day)
Old 07 September 2015, 19:47   #355
roomeo

Jens is not a 1 man show... His first response was that in 14 days he would have a new employee and soon they would have things under control. (things can have changed since then, but we are only able to speculate) Since that the only thing he has communicated is that he is not able to reproduce it. And today he admitted he has shelved it for "the time being".
He is also marketing the product on false premises.

I am not interested in returning the product. I am interested in getting what i paid for.

Last edited by roomeo; 07 September 2015 at 20:03.
Old 07 September 2015, 20:45   #356
kolla
Banned

Then you have wrong hobby, anything Amiga these days is a hit and miss when it comes to buying hardware.

Personally I intend to do as little as possible with "classic" hardware, it's just too much frustration and nonsense. I have a few things I want to try, like hooking an A1200 memory/accboard to a CD32, and Plipbox to SX32... but I will concentrate on all new hardware from here, meaning FPGA systems and maybe Amiga Reloaded.
Old 07 September 2015, 21:43   #357
Riempie
Amiga freak

I bought the following products form Jens:
- ACA620
- ACA1230 28mhz
- ACA1230 56mhz
- ACA1231 42mhz
- ACA1232 33mhz
- Indy ECS
- Indy AGA MK2
- Rapidroad USB (clockport)
- A604

and other small things like micromys v4, clockport module., etc

I've got no problems with any of these and they were very easy to setup. Only problem I have sometimes is caused by the A1200 motherboard (no timing fixes) or being a little confused about the config-program for the Indy AGA MK2, but I've got a perfect screen now.

So I'm very satisfied with the products and the docs are very good. Next project: Amiga Reloaded!!!
Old 07 September 2015, 22:25   #358
roomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
Then you have wrong hobby, anything Amiga these days is a hit and miss when it comes to buying hardware.

Personally I intend to do as little as possible with "classic" hardware, it's just too much frustration and nonsense. I have a few things I want to try, like hooking an A1200 memory/accboard to a CD32, and Plipbox to SX32... but I will concentrate on all new hardware from here, meaning FPGA systems and maybe Amiga Reloaded.
This is a software issue. I just bought a fastlaneZ3 card and expected issues. It worked flawless. I wouldnt go bananas if it wasnt. Tinkering with old hw is fun... I like my hobby very much...

On the other hand, RR is hw from 2014 not working with a stock a4000 because of a bug in the driver. Call me crazy, this setup was not cheap, so i would expect better support and openness.

Amiga reloaded is very appealing. And i cant wait to see what FPGA's can bring to the table. Dreaming of a big box version.
Old 07 September 2015, 23:10   #359
Vlad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
I did look into the issue, could not reproduce it and shelved it for the time being.
Jens
Well, I saw the post where you said you couldn't reproduce it, but I really didn't know that you already gave up. That's a bummer. I actually have two sets, one bought second hand and one directly from your shop after I couldn't get the first one to work. And I tried on A4000D with WE, A4000t with CS MkII, and a stock A3000D. Deneb works just fine on each of them. Standalone each Xsurf and RR work but having just one Zorro slot for both USB and Net would be great.
Old 08 September 2015, 11:14   #360
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Try installing Thor's MMU libraries - they appear to have fixed it for some customers.

Jens