English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 25 March 2019, 21:31   #1
xboxown

How to make a bootable disk in Amiga?

Hello,

I want to make a bootable disk in Amiga that automatically opens an application right away that could be opened via double clicking it in workbench.

It is a workbench application (an emulator)...and I want when I put the disk in the floppy and power my Amiga it automatically boots from that disk and run that emulator. Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 25 March 2019, 22:05   #2
amiman99

You would need to make a "S" folder on your disk, then inside that folder put a text file named STARTUP-SEQUENCE.
Inside this file write the command name or filename of your program. Use correct path.
You can try to see if it works like that.
Old 25 March 2019, 22:18   #3
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Don't forget to "install df0:" if this is not already a bootable floppy
Old 25 March 2019, 22:49   #4
xboxown

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
Don't forget to "install df0:" if this is not already a bootable floppy
THANK YOU MALKO! YOU SAVED MY SKIN! I now have a full functioning bootable AmiMSX emulator diskette! Working perfectly in mint-condition! This is a powerful tool now. Why? Well...since AmiMSX have only partial code of AGA that prevents it from closing gracefully when quitting..instead of booting your entire hard drive as you soft boot your Amiga (potential risk of damaging your hard drive) I decided to make a bootable disk version of it. Much like real MSX emulator...when you are done with the game (keep the disk in) and soft-reboot your Amiga to restart your system. Pretty much treat it like booting a console when you are done with the Amiga. Insert your new game from hard drive...have fun and reboot your Amiga as it reboots AmiMSX again from disk without having to boot from your hard drive and cause potential error everytime you soft reboot it. I do not know if you guys think it is useful enough to upload it to the zone....so I am keeping it for myself. If you guys think it is useful for non-AGA users tell me and I will upload it to the zone!

WOW!!! THIS ONE LITERALLY QUITS EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AGA MACHINE! THIS SOLVED ALL MY PROBLEM!! I AM KEEPING THIS DISK IMAGE FOR MYSELF BWAHAHAHAH!
Old 03 April 2019, 08:46   #5
brian_p

If you reboot regulary it's probably a good idea to mount a RAD: drive and copy the things to it instead... that way you wont boot from floppy everytime but from memory speeding up the reboots between games significantly.