English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 14 January 2002, 03:15   #1
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Dylan Dog Series

Hi Amiga dudes, I am wondering how many Dylan Dog games were released, and If somma youse can, upload them . I would like to play them, having tried Dylan Dog 16!
Thanks, macs.
Old 14 January 2002, 20:23   #2
Paul
RIP Friends

Haven't got any, but found some on this site. Hope this helps.

http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscrape...dylan_dog.html

EDIT: Damn just tried to download them but....don't seem to work!

Last edited by Paul; 14 January 2002 at 20:29.
Old 14 January 2002, 20:59   #3
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

I have:

Dylan Dog 01: La Regina Delle Tenebre
Dylan Dog 02: Ritorno Al Crepuscolo
Dylan Dog 04: Ombre
Dylan Dog 05: La Mummia
Dylan Dog 06: Maelstrom
Dylan Dog 08: La Clessidra Di Pietra
Dylan Dog 11: Il Marchio Rosso
Dylan Dog 17: Il Cimitero Dimenticato
Dylan Dog: The Murderers
Dylan Dog: Through The Looking Glass

I've start uploading them... (Thanks to Warlock and Twistin' for collecting them!)
Old 14 January 2002, 21:15   #4
TikTok

I've put number three in the zone. Italian version only I'm afraid .
Old 14 January 2002, 21:19   #5
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

I think that the version you uploaded is actually Dylan Dog 2. You can tell by the disk label. It's probably been incorrectly named by somebody at some point.
Old 14 January 2002, 22:24   #6
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Cody is right. It is TOSEC that got the numbers wrong, although it is difficult to suss out this info, since there were two initial full games and the rest were shorter, 'newsstand' editions that were sold by news agents. Those games are the numbered ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dylan dog 02.jpg
Views:	803
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1619  
Old 15 January 2002, 08:51   #7
Warlock99
Webmaster of AmigaRarities

dylan dog

I think i might have one or two other episodes (probably 7 & 9). I'll dig 'em out later tonight (need to check they're numbered correctly).

Frederic, could you upload episode 16, that's one i haven't had. The later episodes seem even more rare than the early ones!

Thanks mate!

Oh a bit off topic, but, if anyone is interested i should have a full version of dark angel soon, the pd flashback clone. I'll post it in the zone, when i receive it myself. It's good to know a full version exists at least!
Old 16 January 2002, 09:41   #8
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Cody, Tik Tok, Twist, and Warlock
As usual, thanks for your support on this matter. I am uploading it now, warlock
Now, lets make this thread interesting. Whats the deal with these games? who produced such a large series?
And they are pretty darn good, If i may say so!

heres a screenie..
Old 16 January 2002, 10:57   #9
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I'm gonna let Andy take this one... We spent quite a bit of time researching everything we could on the titles, Simulmondo, the various comic series aswsociated with several of Simulmondo's games, crawling through a wasteland of Italian text we didn't understand, etc. It was an interesting ride, but he is the keeper of this particular sector of Amiga gaming. Simulmondo collecting is a fun hobby!
Old 16 January 2002, 22:19   #10
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
It might be useful to check out this site, which has a quite comprehensive listing of all TV episodes as well as the ones Simulmondo created adventures from, including screenshots of all covers!
Well, THIS IS STRANGE.
Il ritorno degli uccisori ("The Murderers") came out BEFORE the actual "episode 1" but it didn't get the number "one".
Now you might know why the crackers claimed Il ritorno al crepuscolo to be PART THREE instead of part two.
Old 16 January 2002, 22:34   #11
CRSV`

Hi

I'm probably the TOSEC renamer who named Ritorno al Crepuscolo as Dylan Dog 03. I believe I was going by the info from Skid Row, not being an expert on the series myself. But I'll rename it to Dylan Dog 02.

The real question is, where are the other segments of the series? C'mon people, let's get 'em.

Old 16 January 2002, 22:38   #12
andreas
Zone Friend

Smile Now let's fulfil Cody's list...

Dylan Dog 01: La Regina Delle Tenebre
Dylan Dog 02: Ritorno Al Crepuscolo
Dylan Dog 03: Storia Di Nessuno
Dylan Dog 04: Ombre
Dylan Dog 05: La Mummia
Dylan Dog 06: Maelstrom
Dylan Dog 07: Gente che scompare
Dylan Dog 08: La Clessidra Di Pietra
Dylan Dog 09: Il Male
Dylan Dog 10 : I Vampiri
Dylan Dog 11: Il Marchio Rosso
Dylan Dog 12 : Il Lungo Addio
Dylan Dog 13 : I Killers Venuti Dal Buio
Dylan Dog 14 : Il Bosco Degli Assassini
Dylan Dog 15 : Inferni

Dylan Dog 16: Fantasmi
Dylan Dog 17: Il Cimitero Dimenticato

Hard-to-get ones are in ITALICS (pun ).
One I've never seen in my life is IL MALE (09).
It seems very rare.

Last edited by andreas; 17 January 2002 at 14:21.
Old 16 January 2002, 22:45   #13
RetroMan

One of the missing in the series is this one : Dylan Dog: Attraverso lo specchio (but please don´t ask which one, I found this for sale on an italian webpage some days ago)

//update : forget it just found out, it´s the italian Version of The Looking Glass

Last edited by RetroMan; 16 January 2002 at 22:51.
Old 16 January 2002, 23:43   #14
andreas
Zone Friend

Dylan Dog 08 (La Clessidra Di Pietra) doesn't work

It seems that I've just found a non-working disk again.
Dylan Dog 08 crashes both WinFellow and WinUAE.
First of all, you must set 512K Slow RAM, with no Slow RAM the game doesn't boot at all, quitting the AmigaDOS batch process with an internal error.

Reproduction:
After the game has finished booting up, select INIZIO GIOCO ( = begin game).
When one of the characters asks "Cosa vorresti dire?" ( = what do you wish to say?) the game crashes the emulator badly. WinFellow says something about an illegal access of a memory area that must not be allocated by executable data.
The disk has no R/W errors, though.
I'm gonna transfer the disk to my REAL Amiga in the next days to make sure that it works on the real thing. There's a tiny chance at least...
Old 16 January 2002, 23:48   #15
Warlock99

Simulmondo

Hehe, yes it has been fun twistin. The simulmondo story is on my site, but, here's the story of how most of those simulmondo games were refound.

It all started on a newsgroup when i first met twistin and asked about an arcade/adventure game featuring time-travelling. At the time we didn't even know the name of the game, but i remembered that it it was either a french or an italian game. From this small piece of information we managed to figure out that it was a simulmondo game and that it was a game called timerunner, not to be confused with the red rat software game of the same name.

Between me and twistin and probably some other people we found two of the later episodes quite quickly and realised that there seemed to be quite a lot of these timerunner games judging by the episode numbers of the few we had, but maybe they hadn't been released on the amiga for some reason we had thought at the time.

Twistin set about trying to find out as much as possible about the company as possible and discovered that there were actually other games too, the dylan dog games, diabolik, simulman, tex willer, the spiderman games and of course the timerunner series. It took a lot of translating italian texts and so on, but we managed to find out that simulmondo made a large number of these games, more than we had ever expected and that all of them had been released on the amiga!

How could there be so many episodes of the timerunners series and yet hardly anyone knew they existed! A search of the internet turned up no episodes of the timerunners series whatsoever at the time. No-one knew the game or had heard of it! This was really strange because the game must have been popular to have 30 episodes...so we looked further.

Further investigations turned up the information about simulmondo releasing the games with comics at the news stands. All of the comics are based around comics by someone called Bonnelli. The dylan dog comic is especially popular in italy apparently, even to this day. All the games were produced to ride the wave of popularity at the time for the Bonelli comics.

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that dylan dog had 2 full commercial games released i.e. the murderers and the looking glass game, as i've already said the episode games were released with comics.

The simulmondo games made me realise that there were a lot of amiga games that even die hard amiga fans hadn't heard of.
At the time i was toying with the idea of doing an amiga site, but i wanted it to be original. A rarity site seemed like a good idea and that's how the site started. Through the site and some other sources we managed to uncover a great deal of the games by simulmondo, but still many of the episodes are missing, including the dylan dog games. Hopefully these will surface eventually.

The actual story of simulmondo is explained in some detail on my site. Unfortunately it seems that my host is moving, so the site is down at the moment (bah!). Hopefully, the site will return and you can read the rest of the story in the simulmondo section, because i forget some of the details myself.

Also, I noticed the news recently that back to the roots have just been given permission to have the simulmondo games on their site. Unfortunately the site doesn't seem to have uncovered any more of the games than the ones already found beforehand, but it does provide a useful archive for the games that have been found by loyal members of the amiga community. Thanks to anyone who was involved.

Last edited by Warlock99; 16 January 2002 at 23:53.
Old 17 January 2002, 00:19   #16
Ian
Global Moderator

Re: Dylan Dog 08 (La Clessidra Di Pietra) doesn't work

Quote:
Originally posted by andreas
It seems that I've just found a non-working disk again.
Dylan Dog 08 crashes both WinFellow and WinUAE.
First of all, you must set 512K Slow RAM, with no Slow RAM the game doesn't boot at all, quitting the AmigaDOS batch process with an internal error.
Works fine here, what version of WinUAE you using??

My config is nothing special, 8meg chip mem, 1 meg slow mem (Tried it without any slow mem and it works), kick 1.3, slow but more compatable mode.
Quote:
Reproduction:
When one of the characters asks "Cosa vorresti dire?" ( = what do you wish to say?) the game crashes the emulator badly.
Do you mean when you have to click on it, when talking to the head??

If yes, use the latest version of WinUAE as it WORKS with that.

If no, describe exactly what I need to do to replicate your problem. (I have never played any of these games before)

I've managed to get as far as controling the characters movements through doors and such like.

Last edited by Ian; 17 January 2002 at 00:33.
Old 17 January 2002, 00:27   #17
RetroMan

Hmm, I just played a Dylan Dog game the first time in my life (01) and all I could say is : nice gfx, bad movement ..... it´s like a game on my old Amstrad CPC called "How to be a complete Bastard" ! I mean the way he turns to run in the background on some scenes and the jumping is awfull and a pain !! But the games itself are really fun
Old 17 January 2002, 09:54   #18
ptrchiappe

Send a message via AIM to ptrchiappe
I'll give my little contribution here (thanks to my knowledge of italian).

After a little bit of research i found this site which has the PC versions of Dylan Dog games available for download, each with cover and title, so here are the missing titles in the series :

Dylan Dog 10 : I Vampiri
Dylan Dog 12 : Il Lungo Addio
Dylan Dog 13 : I Killers Venuti Dal Buio
Dylan Dog 14 : Il Bosco Degli Assassini
Dylan Dog 15 : Inferni

Now we just have to find who has them .
Old 17 January 2002, 14:27   #19
andreas
Zone Friend

Thanks ptrchiappe, very appreciated.
@Andy

Dylan Dog 07 is 100% OK, unfortunately Dylan Dog 09 is broken beyond repair. I tried to unpack it with REAL DMS from the Workbench and got a CRC error at track 66.
DMS didn't allow me to play a trick on it by unpacking tracks 01-65 on one disk and 67-79 on another. It always quits with a FATAL ERROR.
Porca miseria...

Last edited by andreas; 12 October 2003 at 00:24.
Old 23 January 2002, 20:29   #20
Warlock99

Simulmondo story

Here's the URL on my site explaining the simulmondo story:

http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscrape...tml/story.html