English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 12 July 2007, 15:31   #1
djtwok

Installing CD32 Game using Winuae on HDD

I want to "install" Fire & Ice CD32 on an virtual Amiga HDD using Winuae to use the unlimited live cheat for the game. I´ve already mounted Fire & Ice as HD and my PC Drives. Also I have copied the install files (Fire & Ice HD Installer) to my HDD. Then I´m booting Workbench 3.1 When I open the installer it gives me the message that some files are missing. When I try to start Fire & Ice directly via clicking on the icon it says "libs not found".
Can somebody please give me an step by step explanation how to install Fire & Ice on my Virtual Amiga HD via the HDD Installer (http://jffabre.free.fr/amiga/patchcd32.html). Thanks !

Old 13 July 2007, 19:07   #2
djtwok

I finally made it. Fire and ice as well as jst is installed on my amiga hd. But the game wont start. I copied all files from the disc to my hd, the loader starts then the screen turns black and nothing goes.

Old 13 July 2007, 19:35   #3
Ironclaw
Banned

Could be:

1. Wrong settings
2. The game is looking to run from a unit with a certain name (the CD's name). So try assigning the name of the CD to the place where you put the game.... ie Assign Fire&IceCD: DH0:Games/Fire.........
3. Maybe you are starting the wrong files?. Maybe the CD has an S folder with startup-sequence in it, and in that file, 3 files are being told to run... and when you try to start it.. you don't start the necessary files.... so, check the startup-sequence to see what is needed.
4. blablablabalbalabla..... enough.... something of the above could work.... try that first.
Old 13 July 2007, 19:38   #4
Graham Humphrey

I think there's a WHDLoad install for Fire And Ice CD32 as well, it may be worth your while trying that rather than the jst one.
Old 13 July 2007, 21:54   #5
djtwok

Thanks i will try that. I used to try the jst cause it has a cheat for unlimited lives.

Old 13 July 2007, 22:10   #6
Graham Humphrey

I think there's an infinite lives cheat on the WHDLoad version as well...