English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 18 June 2021, 05:38   #1
antiriad76

Cannot start workbench after OS 3.2 Upgrade AmikitXE / Pimiga

I tried upgrading Workbench to Amiga OS 3.2 on both Pimiga(3.1.4) and Amikit XE(3.1) and I can only start in Safe mode. RTG graphics seems that they are not working on both WinUAE builds. Has anyone else had a similar issue? I might get more details tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Old 18 June 2021, 06:25   #2
npagonis73

I made a clean installation both on my Amikit XE and my plain 3.2. No problems at all and all works great. Upgrading is not the safest way to go cause it is difficult to identify the problems afterwards. Especially on AmiKit XE it is almost guaranteed to come across issues if you upgrade.
Old 18 June 2021, 06:48   #3
jono1975

Chris has posted on this Discord discussion that migrating Pimiga 1.5 across to 3.2 may result in some issues... but over time you could work through them... Still waiting on my copy to come down under... mail these days can be sloooooowwwwww.
Old 18 June 2021, 14:01   #4
antiriad76

Quote:
Originally Posted by npagonis73 View Post
I made a clean installation both on my Amikit XE and my plain 3.2. No problems at all and all works great. Upgrading is not the safest way to go cause it is difficult to identify the problems afterwards. Especially on AmiKit XE it is almost guaranteed to come across issues if you upgrade.
For Amikit XE I can use any of the existing Install methods or there is going to be an updated installer at some point? Do you just mount the CD or the Workbench ADF?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Old 18 June 2021, 17:58   #5
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npagonis73 View Post
Are you sure you have installed Amikit XE Standard? All Amikits include AfA OS which is not supported by OS 3.2 (except new patches)

@antiriad76

If you disable AfA OS The system will boot, in boot hold down Left Mouse Button and AfA OS will be disabled and will boot on OS 3.2.
If you want you can disable AfA OS permanently, but you will not have the same graphics as before.