English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Modules

Old 20 October 2004, 03:28   #1
Fin

Found: c64 turrican1 title theme (was second subsong on turrican.sid..doh!)

I know this is an amiga forum, but you guys here seem to be such fans of turrican I thought you might be able to help me find the c64 title screen music. In all the places I find the turrican1 title theme it isnt anything like the tune played on the title screen when I load turrican up on the c64. At the places mentioned in your faq its the same story..I can send you the c64 turrican I'm using if that will help so you can hear the tune.

So far I've found 3 or 4 sites with a .sid tune called "turrican 1" sometimes with "title", but its a tune I certainly can't remember hearing when I was 11 and its not the one played when I load turrican on my c64 emulator now.

Also, is there a "favourite amiga tunes" thread here? cos I can't find it if there is.

Thanks
Fin

Last edited by Fin; 21 October 2004 at 21:11. Reason: found
Old 21 October 2004, 21:17   #2
Fin

Thanks to a little inspiration from 7-zark-7 I discovered that I had it all along, but I had to trip over the "next subsong" button in deliplayer to realise there was more than one song on the turrican.sid.

Please, if you like c64 or amiga music check it out, its the second subsong on the classic turrican.sid and in my opinion is one of Huelsbeck's best!! Also, thanks to this I can play the second subsong on flimbo's quest.sid, which beats the first by a mile, and is possibly the coolest funkiest thing I think I've ever heard, no joke :P
Old 21 October 2004, 23:31   #3
Amiga1992

You should be using SIDPlay2/W instead of Deliplayer, Deli's SID reproduction is arse in comparison to SIDPlay2's engine.
Old 22 October 2004, 02:49   #4
Fin

ok, thanks Akira
Old 22 October 2004, 04:21   #5
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

That tune is very reminiscent of the music from Transformers - The Movie...
Old 23 October 2004, 16:16   #6
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
You should be using SIDPlay2/W instead of Deliplayer, Deli's SID reproduction is arse in comparison to SIDPlay2's engine.
Yep, totally agree its a v. nice player. Also under "settings->Emulation you can choose which SID chip to emulate (The later cream coloured C64 "C" models had a different SID chip which caused some tunes/samples to sound quieter compared to their breadbin classic C64 counterparts-& poorer as a result. (Eg:Turbo Out Run, Ghouls'n'ghosts, Last Ninja 3) Though I preferred Times of Lore's title tune as I'd heard it on the C64c for some reason, guess it sometimes comes down to what you might hear it on first!

C64 Turrican still stands as an all round technical marvel-I didn't necessarily miss the presence of music throughout, it made you appreciate the tunes (more suited for the pace picking up during the shooting stages), when they did appear IMHO.
Old 23 October 2004, 18:21   #7
Fin

7-zark-7 said:
"C64 Turrican still stands as an all round technical marvel-I didn't necessarily miss the presence of music throughout, it made you appreciate the tunes (more suited for the pace picking up during the shooting stages), when they did appear IMHO."

I couldn't agree more! long live turrican and sid!