English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.GameBase Amiga

Old 03 September 2020, 15:50   #3341
DamienD
Banned

Definitely works; as I've taken screenshots.

Currently at work, will play when home and let you know how.
Old 03 September 2020, 17:45   #3342
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitanGiaco View Post
can you play to Emmanuelle ?
I reach an empty workbench and I don't understand how to start the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Definitely works; as I've taken screenshots.

Currently at work, will play when home and let you know how.
All working here capitan

At this screen you need to press the <Left Mouse Button>, and take a note of the protection instructions:

At this screen click Yellow and then Blue at the next screen:

Old 03 September 2020, 20:10   #3343
DamienD
Banned

Right, so I'm going to name and shame here...

shuttlepilot decided about a week a go to give me loads of shite for my opinion on something that's really none of his business.

As a consequence, I left him out of the latest "Update Pack"...

Once he discovered this, he sends me a PM saying that I'm being childish, to which I reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD
What do you expect?

I've always been friendly, helpful and generous to you...

Do you really think it's ok to give me shit, ignore my PM reply, and I'll just continue to you give you my years of hard work for free?

It doesn't work like that fella.
He's just responded with the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuttlepilot
No matter, have another source for the update packs

Toodles "fella"
Now, I have an idea who gave him this so they will also be removed from my distribution list...

People, please don't pass anything to do with my collection onto others. Especially to ungrateful / rude fools like above.

If people want my collection, please tell them to do through me. It's not much to ask.

Thank you, appreciated.
Old 03 September 2020, 20:35   #3344
DamienD
Banned

...and now he thinks it's cool to write PMs like this to me:

Quote:
No problem, I know who that is and he has now been removed from my list also.
Quote:
No you don't
Quote:
Oh I'll find out...
Quote:
I'm famous lol

Good luck
So, sorry guys... all link removed completely for now until I find out who gave this to him. If that doesn't happen then, well, it's the end of me sharing my project going forward.

Do send this idiot a PM thanking him for what led to my decision above...
Old 03 September 2020, 21:34   #3345
Spookyy

Why few has to ruin for so many

Thanks for the stellar collection!
Old 03 September 2020, 21:36   #3346
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Always the same. One silly plonker spoils it.

Thanks DD for your work

Last edited by Ian; 04 September 2020 at 23:53. Reason: Tapatalk sig removed
Old 03 September 2020, 22:00   #3347
DamienD
Banned

I really don't ask for much; and am always friendly / helpful / generous with loads of EAB members.

...but when someone thinks it's ok to be disrespectful and give me a load of shite; what do they expect will happen?

As explained to him here:

Quote:
What do you expect?

I've always been friendly, helpful and generous to you...

Do you really think it's ok to give me shit, ignore my PM reply, and I'll just continue to you give you my years of hard work for free?

It doesn't work like that fella.
Any normal person would do the exact same as what I've done i.e. not share links with them anymore...

...but instead of apologising like any decent person would; he continues to ridicule / mock me via PM.

Anyway, I'll continue the project in private for now... until I find out who gave it to him (not that it's their fault really, but I need to know).

Last edited by DamienD; 03 September 2020 at 22:40.
Old 03 September 2020, 23:28   #3348
MageMaster

Wow- Sorry to hear all that drama DamienD

Will hope for the best!
Old 04 September 2020, 00:31   #3349
TServo2049

Full disclosure: It was not me. I have not shared your links with anybody.

Last edited by TServo2049; 04 September 2020 at 00:39.
Old 04 September 2020, 00:33   #3350
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

@DD : sad but understandable decision.
Why is it so difficult for some to follow so simple rules? ...
Old 04 September 2020, 01:03   #3351
jono1975

Only starting to get back into the Amiga space and discovering "new" things we can do on the amiga these days or through emulation. Just reading through your thread and work you have done looks awesome. wouldnt mind having a look at this solution soon. this really looks cool. Not sure why some people act the way they do. Sorry to hear what has happened and it is not called for.
And it was me as I have only just started reading the thread :-)

Last edited by jono1975; 04 September 2020 at 01:12.
Old 04 September 2020, 01:50   #3352
shuttlepilot
Vampire 68080 Owner

@DamienD

You missed out the beginning of the PM conversation where I asked you if you were okay now with the Vampire issues you had in the past. Then I happened to mention that I own several Vampires myself and I asked about those you had banned or given time-outs to before your Gmod status was revoked.

Your response was to give me grief and remove my name from your list of game pack recipients without even having the guts to say you had done it.

When I asked why a few days later, you replied with that first quote about me not saying thanks for your hard work. You are well aware that I have always said thanks in a PM to you every time you posted an update. That is something which you seem to have purposely skipped over during your cute public display of PM's above.

As for the ignored PM you are crying about, it was deleted along with the rest of your previous rants I had received from you. Make of that what you will, I lost no sleep over it.

Still, it was very nice for you to tell me earlier that I am lucky you are not still a Gmod and also your colourful language, all in CAPS no less - wow!

Since we seem to be airing our dirty laundry in public, let's let everyone know what else went on and not just read the skewed one-sided version from you.

Don't just cherry pick, tell the entire thing "fella".

Last edited by shuttlepilot; 04 September 2020 at 16:41.
Old 04 September 2020, 02:06   #3353
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuttlepilot View Post
Then I happened to mention that I own several Vampires myself and I asked about those you had banned or given time-outs to before your Gmod status was revoked.
How on earth did you imagine that this would not be taken as confrontational?

Sheesh. Good job there dude.
Old 04 September 2020, 03:01   #3354
TroyWilkins

I have not shared links nor the downloaded files with anyone, nor will I do so.

I respect the time and effort you have put into this DamienD and I consider myself lucky to have been included, not only in the updates, but also in the special base install plus, making re-installation so much easier and quicker.

It's sad that it takes just one person to ruin everything for everyone else, but I certainly understand you doing what you feel is the right thing to do DamienD.
Old 04 September 2020, 03:05   #3355
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Wasn't me either. I have offered links in the past (when you were on hiatus/gone dark) Just to help some people out, but have always told people to come find you and ask nicely and be patient. This collection is too good a resource to get booted out of.
Old 04 September 2020, 10:46   #3356
spudje

Guess I was too late for the latest update. Any chance I can still download it somewhere? Thanks!!
Old 04 September 2020, 11:30   #3357
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
@DamienD

You missed out the beginning of the PM conversation where I asked you if you were okay now with the Vampire issues you had in the past. Then I happened to mention that I own several Vampires myself and I asked about those you had banned or given time-outs to before your Gmod status was revoked.
That's not how it went and you know it!!!

You sent me a PM and had a go at me because of my opinion about your beloved Vampire; I reacted and then you proceeded to say "it's no wonder you lost your GMod status".

I really can't be bothered going into further details.

Quote:
Your response was to give me grief and remove my name from your list of game pack recipients without even having the guts to say you had done it.
Who gave who grief? I reacted to your PM and then removed you from my list. Please tell me exactly why I need to inform you of this? Like I owe you something? Get real.

Quote:
When I asked why a few days later, you replied with that first quote about me not saying thanks for your hard work. You are well aware that I have always said thanks in a PM to you every time you posted an update. That is something which you seem to have purposely skipped over during your cute public display of PM's above.
Absolute BS; I never said "you've never thanked me"... loads of people don't, and I really don't care if they do or not.

Quote:
As for the ignored PM you are crying about, it was deleted along with the rest of your previous rants I had received from you. Make of that what you will, I lost no sleep over it.

Still, it was very nice for you to tell me earlier that I am lucky you are not still a Gmod and also your colourful language, all in CAPS no less - wow!

Since we seem to be airing our dirty laundry in public, let's let everyone know what else went on and not just read the skewed one-sided version from you.

Don't just cherry pick, tell the entire thing "fella".
You can try to spin all the shit you like mate...
Old 04 September 2020, 12:42   #3358
speshady

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyWilkins View Post
I have not shared links nor the downloaded files with anyone, nor will I do so.

I respect the time and effort you have put into this DamienD and I consider myself lucky to have been included, not only in the updates, but also in the special base install plus, making re-installation so much easier and quicker.

It's sad that it takes just one person to ruin everything for everyone else, but I certainly understand you doing what you feel is the right thing to do DamienD.

I second this too, your collection has never gone further than me and never will.
Old 04 September 2020, 13:10   #3359
DamienD
Banned

I'm absolutely fine with people having my collection; otherwise I wouldn't have shared in the first place.

What this is about is some fool thinking it's ok to ridicule / mock me via PM about not being a GMod anymore etc. all because I don't like his beloved Vampire (of which my opinion is none of his business).

...and then he wonders why he's been removed from my distribution list and somehow thinks that I owe him something or an explanation as to why; if it wasn't already obvious as to the reasons

Why should I share my years of hard work with someone like the above? Would you?

Some people
Old 04 September 2020, 13:37   #3360
TroyWilkins

I understand. I remember there was some discussion about people re-sharing it on Torrent sites or somewhere like that. I respect the effort that has gone into this, and I feel one way of me showing that respect is to let you determine who you allow to have access to this collection, and respecting your choices in that regard. I certainly wouldn't personally choose to share the collection with someone who acted that way towards me.

In fact, that's why I have yet to add a page about it to my website - while I have pages for other software that people can purchase, I've been hesitant to do the same for this collection, again out of a sense of respect for your time.

It seems to me that some people - not naming anyone in particular, more of a general observation - are quick to claim they're owed something, or that they have a right to something, but don't seem to understand the other side of the coin, the responsibility they have.

Anyway, I'm sorry DamienD, and I hope you have a great weekend this weekend!