English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 17 January 2022, 19:55   #1
Amiga600
amigaboing.net Blog

WinUAE - AROS ROM

As WinUAE does come with the AROS Kickstart Replacement ROM, I think it would be good if you also specified which version of that ROM is built into WinUAE

For example it would help to know the AROS ROM version/release number, for debugging purposes, as we already know it is not yet complete, and I am myself working through all the Games I review and putting down any incompatibilities, which in turn I hope will help the AROS Team solve/fix such problems and therefore a version reference would be useful for this very thing

Currently it says " AROS KS ROM (built-in) (1024k)" which is pretty much unhelpful, so when I test the Games against this ROM, I also have to then specify the WinUAE version (eg. 4.4.0) so the end user knows which version I tested the Game Against

So please could you add the actual version/release or indeed the date it was built into the WinUAE selector, so we can all tell when that specific version of AROS ROM was created, as it really would help me

Many Thanks
Old 17 January 2022, 22:40   #2
AMIGASYSTEM

The ROM included in WinUAE which includes two merged Roms "aros-rom.bin + aros-ext.bin" is obsolete.

Usually you can find the newest ROMs HERE in the Nightly Build 68k, directory Boot/Amiga ,but at the moment you can find the newest one HERE, in the same link are described the improvements, other improvements in the previous pages in the same post.