English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 18 September 2023, 22:24   #1
back2skooldaze

rtg settings pistorm lite32 p96

Hi Ive got the rtg working on my a1200/pistorm lite32 emu69 but the only resolution screen size i can do is 640x480 in 8bit 16bit and 32bit
On my led tv hdmi the screen is in a crt style with black borders down the left and right side of the screen and thats with the stretch setting on my tv.
Is there anyway i can do more settings in picasso96 like 800x600 and more?

I want full screen on led tv?
Old 18 September 2023, 22:43   #2
klx300r

If you've got rtg setup with P96 and you see the available screen modes then it's the TV/ monitor that's the issue meaning they aren't capable of showing all the possible screen modes available
Old 19 September 2023, 08:12   #3
derSammler

Quote:
Is there anyway i can do more settings in picasso96 like 800x600 and more?
Why can you select 640x480? Because you created it in Picasso96Mode, right? If you want 800x600, you simply need to create that as well. You have to create every screen mode you want to use yourself. That's how it works. Make sure you don't create screen modes larger than the HDMI resolution set in config.txt (which is 1080p by default), otherwise the system will crash.

Quote:
For someone who has registered and been on EAB for nearly 10 years! I’m surprised you don’t know much about the Amiga? Oh well…..
What an unnecessary comment. He's asking about how RTG works with Emu68. Hint: Emu68 does not exist for 10 years, nor does P96 work the same way with VideoCore as it does with real graphics cards (which will auto-provide all modes they support, unlike VideoCore).

Last edited by derSammler; 19 September 2023 at 11:01.
Old 19 September 2023, 14:50   #4
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boing-Ball View Post
I must say.. For someone who has registered and been on EAB for nearly 10 years! I’m surprised you don’t know much about the Amiga?
Oh well…..
That's a bit of a dickish thing to say, my dude. A great many Amiga users didn't have access to RTG until PiStorm came along - it was a very, very expensive addon back in the day.
Old 02 October 2023, 04:32   #5
back2skooldaze

First of all thanks to cwa for the pm mesage i shall look in to the link you sent
Yes i have been in and out of amiga for years but only since i got my full mediator setup in the late 90's i was on and off with it and picasso was frustrating as well as other things. Also i do use other retro systems and consoles so Amiga kind of gets pushed to oneside.
When using picasso96 on a mediator setup if all goes well all the rtg settings are put in automatically so no settings up just test and use! Since getting in to the pistorm lite32 from amigakit th pistorm is plug and play so no setting up apart from wanting to use the rtg settings. Its almost similar to setting up as mediator/voodoo300 only thing is in my case is i only am able to setup a new item as 640x480 in 8bit 16bit 32bit and thats it? I try another new item and it creates another 640x480? Not 800x600 etc...

Boingball is correct i do ask questions on amiga forum and i don't update but as i'm in and out of retro systems i do push amiga to oneside and im probably not the only one?
i do make effort to thank ppl who have helped me!

I only wanted to know how to setup more rtg settings in picasso96 so i can get full screen on my led tv as the gfx output is amazing! Im venturing in to getting pistorm for one of my amiga 500's
I will also get a blank sd card and try the other os for pistorm oppose to emu68 as im not able to use keyboard with amigakits setup only rtg? they did explain why but confusing. Only until i try setting up my own sd card i'll find out. I wanted wifi access and hdf access as well as rtg plus i wanted to be able to choose what cpu to emulate.
Sorry if ive upset anyone on this forum for wanting to know how to do something? Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit i was told?
Old 02 October 2023, 04:34   #6
back2skooldaze

as far as the link regarding Amiga SYS4 i was really liking that and got really in to using it but things where starting to play up and picasso etc... so reinstalling everything sorted it out but then i gave up on that OS! Hence no updates !

As it happened i did state in my last update/post i had sorted it out?

regarding the lin in pm message!!! Thanks for the link but i already had read and followed the installing of p96 and settings but only can achieve 640x480? Also i can't do much with setting up the sd card pistorm as it was done by amigakit?