English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 26 February 2012, 16:28   #1
Anemos
70X7

Jupiter probe

Can be Whdload?
It runs only on A500, also relokick no supported this on A1200..
I have the game image as .exe AmigaDos file, if you need it tell me to send on The Zone.
Old 26 February 2012, 17:40   #2
Abaddon

I have the slave done I just need to find someone with the original disk so I can create an imager. The dos exe is obviously not an original, so it would be of no use.

Edit: I ported my JST install, which is why I have it completed, but not imager.
Old 26 February 2012, 18:27   #3
Anemos
70X7

Dunno if is original disk, but can be run with winuae A500 setting, direct from DF0 drive ..
Edit: is on The zone now!
Old 26 February 2012, 22:00   #4
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
abaddon, jupiter probe is a game by steve Bak, it means that it uses atari ST tracks ($1400).

I have it in original (compilation).
Old 27 February 2012, 01:00   #5
Abaddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
abaddon, jupiter probe is a game by steve Bak, it means that it uses atari ST tracks ($1400).

I have it in original (compilation).
Any chance of getting a wwarp of it?
Old 27 February 2012, 09:13   #6
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Yes i'll get the box back from my parents soon
Old 27 February 2012, 19:06   #7
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
I have the slave done I just need to find someone with the original disk so I can create an imager.
Find a disk image (wwp format) of the original Microdeal release in the Zone. Should have two compilation versions (Hit Disks Volume 1 and Gold Rush Collection) in boxes somewhere, but they might take some finding and I'm pressed for time atm. Whether they're different from the original release is another matter, as well. Maybe Denis (dlfrsilver) can help out with a compilation version in the meantime if he can lay his hands on one quicker than me.

Happy patching Keith!

Last edited by DrBong; 28 February 2012 at 07:39. Reason: Added more info. to the post
Old 28 February 2012, 13:16   #8
Abaddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
Find a disk image (wwp format) of the original Microdeal release in the Zone. Should have two compilation versions (Hit Disks Volume 1 and Gold Rush Collection) in boxes somewhere, but they might take some finding and I'm pressed for time atm. Whether they're different from the original release is another matter, as well. Maybe Denis (dlfrsilver) can help out with a compilation version in the meantime if he can lay his hands on one quicker than me.

Happy patching Keith!
Thanks DrB, I think this is the same version that I originally wrote the install for. I noticed that the wwarp file contains several large junks of source code. Some sections of the code repeated and it mentions Dogs of War.
Old 28 February 2012, 16:10   #9
clauddio
Banned

Quote:

Happy patching Keith!
make a extended adf or a ipf file to play it on winuae
Old 01 March 2012, 10:48   #10
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Thanks DrB, I think this is the same version that I originally wrote the install for. I noticed that the wwarp file contains several large junks of source code. Some sections of the code repeated and it mentions Dogs of War.
Not surprised about the code and references to Dogs of War.......the image compressed down from ~2.3Mb to ~0.3Mb and the disk is actually named Goldrunner. Did a double take when I saw Goldrunner on the Ami screen and had to check that it actually was Jupiter Probe. Game companies did some bizarre stuff in the early 16-bit days of the Amiga/ST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clauddio View Post
make a extended adf or a ipf file to play it on winuae
I'll see about this if I get any time soon. Just curious.....does anyone know if can you convert the wwp disk image to an extended ADF or other formats easily? Haven't used wwp or mfmwarp in a while, so the memory's a bit vague on this one.
Old 01 March 2012, 16:09   #11
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Mmh, what i know is that Steve Bak was at first an Atari ST fanboi, and he used an atari ST track format. The ST track length is $1400. I'll try tonight to create an extended ADF from the WWP file as disk image with sync and track length
Old 01 March 2012, 18:17   #12
clauddio
Banned

Quote:

I'll see about this if I get any time soon. Just curious.....does anyone know if can you convert the wwp disk image to an extended ADF or other formats easily? Haven't used wwp or mfmwarp in a while, so the memory's a bit vague on this one.

I don't think it is possible in the case of jupiter probe...it have copy protection and wwarp can't identify or write to disk
Old 01 March 2012, 21:15   #13
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Mmh, what i know is that Steve Bak was at first an Atari ST fanboi, and he used an atari ST track format. The ST track length is $1400. I'll try tonight to create an extended ADF from the WWP file as disk image with sync and track length
Well, I made an extended ADF using rawread (with just the basic options - i.e. -r and standard 79 tracks). I tried TSGUI first, but it intermittently complained about an error on one of the tracks. It would continue after a retry, but didn't seem to be getting to the end of the disk. Anyway, I haven't tested the extended ADF since I don't emulate. I will rely on you, Clauddio and others to report whether it works under emulation or not.

Also, if you manage to make an extended ADF from the wwp image, then please let me know the steps you go through so I can use it for future reference. Unfortunately, I don't have much time right now to investigate.

Must get some sleep......it's way past my bedtime!
Old 01 March 2012, 22:48   #14
clauddio
Banned

Quote:
Well, I made an extended ADF using rawread (with just the basic options - i.e. -r and standard 79 tracks). I tried TSGUI first, but it intermittently complained about an error on one of the tracks. It would continue after a retry, but didn't seem to be getting to the end of the disk. Anyway, I haven't tested the extended ADF since I don't emulate. I will rely on you, Clauddio and others to report whether it works under emulation or not.

Also, if you manage to make an extended ADF from the wwp image, then please let me know the steps you go through so I can use it for future reference. Unfortunately, I don't have much time right now to investigate.

Must get some sleep......it's way past my bedtime!
thanks for the game..... tested it and works fine with winuae
the game only runs on a 68000 .....it doesn't matter kickstart or any other thing
don't like any other cpu even it fails on the 68010
I wonder why motorola introduced new cpus after 68000 not fully compatible
Old 01 March 2012, 22:50   #15
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Can you use Powercopy v3.07 cracked by stingray and create a working image of Jupiter Probe ? Look at the disk geometry format

Side 0 is made of DOS tracks and MFM $4489 sync marked tracks
Side 1 is entirely in DOS format.

PS : winuae doesn't support DMA/speed function of wwarp, i can't write the wwp file in an extended ADF.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JupiterProbe_EXT_001.png
Views:	263
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	30667  
Old 02 March 2012, 05:06   #16
Supamax
Da Digger :)

Hi Denis,

Psygore seems to be able to do a direct wwp ---> extended adf conversion (not from within WinUAE but using a hacked version of mfm2wwarp)

(see posts http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=581870&postcount=12
and http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=581883&postcount=14
of this thread: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=46610).
Old 11 March 2012, 01:59   #17
Abaddon

I am finally getting back to this. I've been busy with work and then I got me new ACA1231 card and have been going through some of my previous installs and checking/fixing snoop bugs.

The imager is complete (scrapped my imager and leveraged CFOU! Goldrunner II imager source) and have decided to use a disk image rather than files like the JST release. I found a few bugs that I am currently in the process of fixing and need to add saving of the high scores.
Old 11 March 2012, 10:23   #18
Anemos
70X7

Yep, thats is good news.
Old 13 March 2012, 13:15   #19
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
I am finally getting back to this. I've been busy with work and then I got me new ACA1231 card and have been going through some of my previous installs and checking/fixing snoop bugs.

The imager is complete (scrapped my imager and leveraged CFOU! Goldrunner II imager source) and have decided to use a disk image rather than files like the JST release. I found a few bugs that I am currently in the process of fixing and need to add saving of the high scores.
No problems mate! Work is kicking my arse atm, much like it has for the last couple of years really. Speaking of which, I must get back to it.......
Old 15 March 2012, 03:09   #20
Abaddon

Here is version 1.0

- 4x Blitter waits added
- Custom2=1 disable blitter waits
- Patched 68000 quit
- Load/save high scores
- Fixed access fault when demo switches to high scores screen
- Patched Title screen delay
- Patched high score screen delay
- Patched game over screen delay
- Patched get ready screen delay
- Custom1=1 - Trainer
Infinite ultrasonics
Press Help to activate programmers cheat - Then press F3 to enable
invincibility
- Second fire button support - ultrasonics
- Patch keyboard ack delay
Attached Files
File Type: lha JupiterProbev1.lha (123.9 KB, 194 views)