English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 04 May 2002, 01:18   #1
trinity

Smile Simon the Sorcerer...round 2

Ok, nice people, so it's clear I use a non-AGA version of Simon the Sorcerer, that I have an average machine and all. Now, would someone PLEEEEEASE give me a hand? Please, even an opinion.

News: I've tried to go out of the firs environment, I have been asked to insert diskette n. 2 and.....surprise!! Neither that diskette worked properly: it gave me the same error of the savedisks I tried in the past. "this disk has a read/write error". I cancelled. "Software failure". Bo-ring!

Please someone help me.

please....

Old 04 May 2002, 01:38   #2
oldpx

Possibly, your game adf was created using a real disk that had the read error, but this doesn't necessarily be the case.

I have a hdf version of simon, which means no disk swapping is required but I tested it now and it is not cracked so it's of no use to you (and if tosec people are reading this, they must be ashamed of calling this game "Simon The Sorceror")

I think this game can be installed on a hard drive, so you can prepare an emulated workbench setup and install the game adfs to an emulated hard drive.

Old 04 May 2002, 02:07   #3
trinity

uhm...

Quote:
I think this game can be installed on a hard drive, so you can prepare an emulated workbench setup and install the game adfs to an emulated hard drive.
You think right, but I have this problem (how many huh?..): In the latest versions of UAE I can create a new HD, sized like I want, I can format it, ecc. But in the latest versions I have sound/speed unbearable troubles. In the older versions (8.6, 8.8 and so on), I have no problems of speed/sound BUT even if I create an HD file, Workbench doesn't seem to see it, I can't do anything to make HD appear on it. So I can't even format it...
I'm beginning to think that I have a voodoo curse on my emulator

Old 04 May 2002, 02:56   #4
oldpx

I prepared a self booting HDF file for you. Check the zone, it's in two seperate zip archives. Zips contain a self extracting rar file split into two. Sorry for double compression but zone only appects zip files and I had to rar it to split it.

This is the ECS version (crystal crack), it looks like the game could be installed with a provided installer but it was messed up probably by crystal or by another player. I made this one by copying the contents of all disks to a directory using directory opus, writing the startup script and moving everything to a hdf.
When the game asks for the save disk, simply press enter and save directly on the hdf. There is plenty of free space for save files. You can delete unnecessary save files from workbench or by ADFView. I can make an AGA version as well. I hope this helps.

And.....
I tried to create a lame .nfo in the archive and wrote down the date as if it was so important... just noticed the PCs date was set to 3 March 02 rather than May. I'm so ashamed now, I hope this file doesn't spread much LOL.

Old 04 May 2002, 15:05   #5
trinity

Smile thx Burseg

Thank you so much. I'm downloading the files and I will use them as soon as they're downloaded

I'll make you know, but I think this will work.
Thanks again!