English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 30 October 2008, 23:11   #1
hardwir3d
Zone Friend

pc0 data CRC error

hello,

i have a problem with pc0:

i've tried a couple of disks, but every time my amiga says 'error 25 - data crc error', and just copies the first 1,024 bytes of every file. my pc has no problems reading the disks. my amiga reads pc directories flawlessly and can format 720K msdos correctly.

what might be the problem?
Old 31 October 2008, 07:53   #2
thomas

This error means that the disk is bad and cannot be read. If all disks have this error and they work ok in another disk drive then it can also mean that the disk drive is broken.

The error might also happen if you use HD disks (1.4M) formatted as 720K. Always use real DD disks for 720K. DD drives are not able to magnetise HD disks correctly. It might or might not work.
Old 31 October 2008, 11:34   #3
hardwir3d
Zone Friend

thanks for your answer thomas. i've been messing with it a bit more yesterday, and even got it working again. i had a pc0 with a magicwb icon installed. checked an original wb31 storage disk in winuae, and noticed some differences in the pc0 file. my pc0 file had a 'BlocksPerTrack' instead of a 'SectorsPerTrack' entry, and didnt have a 'SectorSize' entry in it. after changing and adding these entries to my pc0 file, things got even worse: it still read directories, but now it gave 'cannot find <file>' errors all the time. so i wrote a new wb31 storage disk (thank god i got lots of backups on my 20 gb hd ) and copied the pc0 and the icon to devs/dosdrivers.

after rebooting, pc0 worked like charm again. really strange. the magicwb icon had exactly the same tooltypes and 'c:mount' as default tool and the pc0 file had exactly the same entries as the wb31 original.